How do i online date?

Options
2»

Replies

• rachellech
    rachellech Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Personally I haven't had luck with online dating. The guy never looks like his picture in person. Plus, they always have a speech about liking them for their personality. Personality is important but so is mutual attraction. Not fair if you chose me out of attraction and I just have to settle for you because you are a nice guy...c'mon...geesh. That is what friends are for, but guys don't want to hear the friends line...oh well.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Make a Plenty of Fish account
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    rachellech wrote: »
    Personally I haven't had luck with online dating. The guy never looks like his picture in person. Plus, they always have a speech about liking them for their personality. Personality is important but so is mutual attraction. Not fair if you chose me out of attraction and I just have to settle for you because you are a nice guy...c'mon...geesh. That is what friends are for, but guys don't want to hear the friends line...oh well.

You didn't do it right. You have to downgrade a guy on the website by at least two points (a 10 in your estimation is an 8 in real life). Downgrade even more if you don't have a full body pic from a distance, preferably with form fitting clothes. Downgrade even more if they don't have the forementioned full body pic and a close up pic of the face with a full smile. Very rare to find a male 10 on an online dating site. They could walk into a bar and walk out ten minutes later with someone. If you see a guy that looks like a ten on an online dating sight, most likely he's either catfishing or there is something wrong with him pesonality wise or mentally. When I was on Tinder, I checked out the competition and I was properly horrified. Ladies, you have my sympathies.
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    rachellech wrote: »

You didn't do it right. You have to downgrade a guy on the website by at least two points (a 10 in your estimation is an 8 in real life). Downgrade even more if you don't have a full body pic from a distance, preferably with form fitting clothes. Downgrade even more if they don't have the forementioned full body pic and a close up pic of the face with a full smile. Very rare to find a male 10 on an online dating site. They could walk into a bar and walk out ten minutes later with someone. If you see a guy that looks like a ten on an online dating sight, most likely he's either catfishing or there is something wrong with him pesonality wise or mentally. When I was on Tinder, I checked out the competition and I was properly horrified. Ladies, you have my sympathies.

If he's over 40 and you're not 40

Red flag haha
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I'm actually still with my boyfriend of 3.5 years, we met on plenty of fish. There are tons of success stories but I am still of the opinion that online dating can be too rushed and things move too quickly but that's just my opinion
  • wilsoncl6
    Options
    Online dating is kind of like going through a McDonald's drive through. A very large menu, plenty of options, but a good likelihood that you won't actually get what you think you're ordering.
  • rachellech
    rachellech Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Very true. In my situation, when they are good looking, something is disturbingly wrong with them (looking for another mother, old guy looking for a naive young girl, ultra kinky, or just plain crazy). I applaud the ones who had luck with it though but maybe its not for everyone. I get ridiculed by some of my girlfriends for even dating online...wish I could have proven them wrong...oh well. c'est la vie
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Omg i dont care what race they are as long as the atraction is mutual and we get sparks lol im corny like that
  • wilsoncl6
    edited June 2016
    Options
    fluffygio wrote: »
    Omg i dont care what race they are as long as the atraction is mutual and we get sparks lol im corny like that

Many non-whites have a harder time with online dating. The most desirable men are, in this order:

White
    Hispanic/Latin
    Middle Eastern
    Black
    Asian

For women, it's:

White
    Hispanic/Latin
    Asian
    Middle Eastern
    Black

It is what it is, but there's always the outliers in any situation. I found that online dating sites, like OKCupid, Match and more of the high profile sites like EHarmony and the like are more this way than sites like Plenty Of Fish and Tinder. I wonder if it's because the latter is used more for quick hook ups or quick dates while the former are styled towards people looking for long-term relationships?
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    fluffygio wrote: »

Many non-whites have a harder time with online dating. The most desirable men are, in this order:

White
    Hispanic/Latin
    Middle Eastern
    Black
    Asian

For women, it's:

White
    Hispanic/Latin
    Asian
    Middle Eastern
    Black

It is what it is, but there's always the outliers in any situation. I found that online dating sites, like OKCupid, Match and more of the high profile sites like EHarmony and the like are more this way than sites like Plenty Of Fish and Tinder. I wonder if it's because the latter is used more for quick hook ups or quick dates while the former are styled towards people looking for long-term relationships?

Lol my order

White
    Middle Eastern
    Black
    Hispanic
    Asian

Haha and no asians