Smoking?

Options
I plan on quiting smoking and starting back to healthy eating (it's been a week) but I'm wondering if anybody has been successful with making these 2 drastic changes at the same time?

Replies

• ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Allen Carr's Easy way to quit. The book will only take a few days to read and make it easy to quit, then turn to the diet.
  • ElJefePerron
    ElJefePerron Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking for 3 months then got the gym, worrying if not be able to do both. Hindsight, it cost me 3 months of gym time. May as well fight sugar and nicotine cravings all at once.
  • superaustinbell
    superaustinbell Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That's what I thinking and I can't go buy a book I'm at work for 4 more weeks and if I read my phone before bed it keeps me awake I guess imma just start swinging lol
  • ogtmama
    Options
    All I can say is that everyone I know who read it quit immediately, happily, and forever. But you do you. Good luck!
  • superaustinbell
    Options
    If I'm still struggling by the time I get out of the ocean I'll pick it up for sure I appreciate it
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I switched to vaping. So i pretty much swapped one habit for another. But i think the vaporiser is the lesser of 2 evils.
  • superaustinbell
    Options
    I switched to vaping. So i pretty much swapped one habit for another. But i think the vaporiser is the lesser of 2 evils.

I quit for 2 weeks a few years ago and bought a vape and hit it once and went and bought smokes lol
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Check out whyquit.com.
    It helped immeasurably when I quit 8 years ago. There is a great community forum, like MFP.
    It's hard, but you can do it and you will feel so much better and live so much longer. Good luck!
  • ogtmama
    Options
    If I'm still struggling by the time I get out of the ocean I'll pick it up for sure I appreciate it

Oh! The ocean! Oops. Yeah, Amazon might not go out there ;)