3 Stone 1 Pound Down (43lbs) In 5 Months - Another Stone & A Half To Burn! - Photo's So Far!

Options

Replies

• KellyLouiseGibson
    KellyLouiseGibson Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I do both Cardio and strength training. I use free weights along with resistant machines :-) You have to balance out the 2 really. Everyone's body is different though you have to find what works for you. I am finding cardio interval training is great for shrinking my stomach though.
    My food plan is a protein shake for breakfast everyday. Then I have lunch which is usually a fage greek yougurt with fresh blueberries and a low calorie cereal bar or a handful of almonds. I have a banana on gym days an hour before a session. For tea I eat alot of salmon and broccoli. Chicken and rice (not alot of rice though) tuna salads. I avoid carbs I do eat them but not often as I find they bloat me. X
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    Options
    Another pound lost - 20 pounds to go! :-)
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm starting from a similar starting weight (13st 13lb), and am currently just under 13st after 8 weeks, so seeing your transformation is inspiring. I've discovered the same effect if I have too many heavy carbs these days - lots of bloating. I already knew I had mild IBS, but it seems more pronounced now that I fill out my diet mostly with protein, fat and veg-based carbs. Those occasional bread products and baked goods don't seem to agree with me any more - boo! Complex starchy carbs like porridge and pasta seem fine though, so I'll keep those!

I've just introduced weight training into my routine, along with cardio (circuit based interval training is the hardest, but makes me feel like I've really worked out) and pilates for core strength! Good to hear another person saying both cardio and strength works for them. Right now I'm mixing up the cardio - swimming, spinning, circuits, box fit, plus bike/elliptical/rowing machines in gym - to find what suits me best. I'm finding swimming and gym machines are great for steady state cardio, and circuits and spinning good for interval training. Right now, with still lots of weight to lose, I'll keep the mix. Love seeing your progress. You look great!
  • nicola8989
    nicola8989 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    well done!! What a difference
  • betsytooley05
    betsytooley05 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! I'm currently 12stone 12 I've lost three stone with two and a half to go! Can I ask how tall you are please? Huge well done x
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic!
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    edited July 2015
    Options
    :-)
    Im 5.5 in height.
    & im glad I can inspire people.
    I cannot wait to finish this now though its been 6 months and its time for this stonach to flatten!
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    Options
    Aww this was my last years post... Im on track to becoming even smaller now... gonna get down to 10 stone the smallest I have ever been from since I can remember :-) WATCH THIS SPACE ;-)
  • jeaneasc413
    jeaneasc413 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Amazing well done
  • Lukdbestucan16
    Lukdbestucan16 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You doing great girl
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I think I can finally say I am gonna get to my goal weight... cant believe how motivated I am right now. Soon ill be able to say Ive lost 4 stone :-O
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Fantastic transformation! Good job on your progress :smiley:
  • sarahcassidy8
    sarahcassidy8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Seeing this has really inspired me! You started off the same weight as I started off and have lost the amount of weight I want to lose in the same time frame (started off with 5 months until my holiday, now down to just over 4 months). Only difference is I'm 6 inches taller than you! Brilliant progress! Thank you for showing me that it's possible! You go girl!!
  • valerieuk1708
    valerieuk1708 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring Kelly! I'm same size now as you used to be and its great to see your progress! Well done!
  • markag1990
    markag1990 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Nice work. What a transformation. Good on you
  • freestyle_tr
    freestyle_tr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing. What was your motivation?
  • maggierenee88
    maggierenee88 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!
  • normalicia11
    normalicia11 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!
    Hope you reach your goal soon and shows the final result.
  • fitnessjustin01
    fitnessjustin01 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Great work!!
  • littlewomensmom
    littlewomensmom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What great results! My goal is to no longer feel huge. (Always been a bigger girl too) and I am getting there! Thanks for sharing your pics
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!