Another Reason Tattoos Are A Bad Idea

Options
otherusernamestaken
otherusernamestaken Posts: 182 Member
edited June 2016 in Chit-Chat
FBI is creating an imaging database to track tattoos so they can inference your affiliations, religious beliefs and associations. Do you have an interesting tattoo that you picked from a tattoo artist's book? Maybe a felon you've never met has a similar one and now some algorithm has linked you with that person.

And your facebook friends list? Hope they are good quality, because facebook patented an algorithm to determine credit score based on the creditworthiness of your associates.

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Not quite as good as the "Don't buy the oranges from xxx country because they contain HIV!" paranoia.
  • BigMike0929
    BigMike0929 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Don't do Facebook, I don't pick flash off the wall,
    All my art is custom and if they wanna track my every move then they need to re-examine their priorities
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Getting one of my mom's handwriting. So incriminating.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Mental health awarness, RZ for rememberess of my uncle who died, a custom owl, two fairies both of which have been altered. My tattoos are not off the wall. My artist doesn't like that. Similar tattoos will never fully link you to someone with out more info/proof. Tattoos are gotten by everyone now. Even my great grandmother's brothers wife gets tattooed. Plus I am linked to enough felons by blood and family friends to care about the others.
    I have very few people on facebook. Most are of better quality because the rest were crazy and I had to delete them.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I wasn't aware there was a FIRST reason why tattoos are a bad idea... My back is covered in them

This too
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    All of my husband's tattoos are one of a kind. I love them on him and could care less if he's in some database. If you don't do anything illegal why be worried?
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Conspiracy theory much?
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Conspiracy theory much?

Is it a theory if they're actually doing it? See the links I posted.

I'll pass thanks
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    All of my husband's tattoos are one of a kind. I love them on him and could care less if he's in some database. If you don't do anything illegal why be worried?

this thinking always astounds me "why worry if you arent doing anything illegal its all good let em do whatever they please including eating my young"
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty traditional and I believe that tattoos have a place but living in Albuquerque I have seen it all on a new level. People here have them on the face and neck and all over their chest and arms where it is completely visible and not easily covered up. Women in their mid thirties have Bright pink/blue/green hair and piercings in their noses like a bull and in their nostrils. How do they ever expect to get a job in a professional environment ? Its crazy to me. I see it as immature and unusual. If you want to have tats and personal modifications to your body... great by all means, but put them in a place that they can be covered when its not appropriate to show them.

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Tsartele wrote: »
    I'm pretty traditional and I believe that tattoos have a place but living in Albuquerque I have seen it all on a new level. People here have them on the face and neck and all over their chest and arms where it is completely visible and not easily covered up. Women in their mid thirties have Bright pink/blue/green hair and piercings in their noses like a bull and in their nostrils. How do they ever expect to get a job in a professional environment ? Its crazy to me. I see it as immature and unusual. If you want to have tats and personal modifications to your body... great by all means, but put them in a place that they can be covered when its not appropriate to show them.

Modified. I like it!

Actually, the situation you describe is good for the unmodified. Less competition for jobs and other opportunities.

Also, I prefer that the modified be easy to spot, rather than these modifications be hidden under clothes. It's better to know what you're dealing with from the get go.

What if one was screening applicants for a potential romance? And then when a seemingly right individual was decided upon, that individual took off some clothes in the comfort of a mutually private moment and revealed...modifications.

How would the unmodified bow gracefully out of that scenario and then be stuck trying to explain why it's not going to work after all?

I agree. It's much easier to identify "them" this way: don't have to mess around with gold stars, ethnic identification cards, tattooed serial numbers and stuff like that to keep track of who's who.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    My freckles are felonious

My freckles are where I hide the souls of my enemies. That, and my tattoos are all custom.