Another Reason Tattoos Are A Bad Idea

Options

Replies

• lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    All of my husband's tattoos are one of a kind. I love them on him and could care less if he's in some database. If you don't do anything illegal why be worried?

this thinking always astounds me "why worry if you arent doing anything illegal its all good let em do whatever they please including eating my young"

I would much rather live my life the way I want to than worry about what big brother is screening. That's all I'm saying. I have nothing to worry about.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    Tsartele wrote: »
    I'm pretty traditional and I believe that tattoos have a place but living in Albuquerque I have seen it all on a new level. People here have them on the face and neck and all over their chest and arms where it is completely visible and not easily covered up. Women in their mid thirties have Bright pink/blue/green hair and piercings in their noses like a bull and in their nostrils. How do they ever expect to get a job in a professional environment ? Its crazy to me. I see it as immature and unusual. If you want to have tats and personal modifications to your body... great by all means, but put them in a place that they can be covered when its not appropriate to show them.

Oh I get it now you're from Albuquerque
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Not on Facebook and my tattoos are all custom. They'll never get me (insert evil laugh) :D
  • BigMike0929
    BigMike0929 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty traditional and I believe that tattoos have a place but living in Albuquerque I have seen it all on a new level. People here have them on the face and neck and all over their chest and arms where it is completely visible and not easily covered up. Women in their mid thirties have Bright pink/blue/green hair and piercings in their noses like a bull and in their nostrils. How do they ever expect to get a job in a professional environment ? Its crazy to me. I see it as immature and unusual. If you want to have tats and personal modifications to your body... great by all means, but put them in a place that they can be covered when its not appropriate to show them.

Not gonna argue with you but does mean cause I have sleeves I can't get a job in a professional environment? Or my best friend? She has two huge tattoos on her legs and a huge back piece and she is a department director at major university. I think the stereotype of people not being able to do something over tattoos, hair style or piercings or whatever is getting old. I seriously doubt that if my mom was having a heart attack that I would care about his ink over him saving her life
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »

Oh I get it now you're from Albuquerque

Albuquerque is its own little world
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options

Tattoos are something I'd want to know about ahead of time. Not, say, after I let someone stick their tongue in my mouth. I'd want to know before so I could ask for a Hep C blood test.

is that a joke? I would laugh so hard if someone told me that, because of my tats, they needed me to get a hep c blood test before they would consider dating me. All my tats are by the same artist who works at a very clean shop. Worth noting also, hep c isn't spread by saliva soooo :|

He's talking about the possibility of blood on the needle but if there was blood on the needle I'd be worried about more than Hep C to be honest with you

-cough- red plague
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    No one would expect that I have tattoos which is funny because I assume that most people do. It is ART. It doesn't make me less of a person. It doesn't mean that I am uneducated or don't have a good job. It means that there are things that I want to express and should be able to without a bunch of people judging me and making ridiculous assumptions about my character or intelligence.

You have tattoos? I'm sorry, but I can't associate with a dirty heathen.
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,771 Member
    Options
    Tattoos never look as good on old people, but then again you prob don't have much longer to live with them so I guess the trade off works.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Listening to the radio a few months ago and there was a forensic scientist who was explaining that she could "predict" the approximate size and position of tattoos on the dismembered torso of a murder victim due to the very slight build up of dye in the lymphatic system.

In the case that she detailed, she had predicted that the victim had a forearm tattoo and the approximate age of that tattoo. When the victim was identified the family confirmed the tattoo positions and age.

I think the program was "Material World" on BBC Radio 4 (UK) and i guess it may still be available on podcast?

FWIW I am neither a fan nor an enemy of tattoos but I don't have any and don't have any plans to get any.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Tattoos never look as good on old people, but then again you prob don't have much longer to live with them so I guess the trade off works.

is that because of all the hep c we've got? i think i've got like 6 hep c's. maybe a few hep d's too. wanna make out?
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,771 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    actually one question I would ask of you inkyfied folk, when you've gained or lost some mass how did you tattoos change?

I watched a program a while back where a lady was getting her baby slash scar covered and I think some of the stretchmarks, the tattooist said the ink doesn't take well to scar tissue (or needs extra, I wasn't listening, lady had some massive personalities) anyway he said if you lose more weight it might change the way it looks.

is that because of all the hep c we've got? i think i've got like 6 hep c's. maybe a few hep d's too. wanna make out?

bring it love! I've more diseases than you lol