Food scale shock!

Options
I used food scales tonight for my dinner for the first time. I was horrified by how much I have been underestimating food!
I have now weighed out my cereal to take to work and my lunch and it looks pitiful!!! At least I know it's accurate!!

Replies

• MsBuzzkillington
    MsBuzzkillington Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    akf2000 wrote: »
    so true, when I first weighed rice I thought there was something wrong with the scales or the fundamental laws of physics had changed.

Weighed it out dry?
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    The pizza thing has cheered me up!!

It happens to me with chicken breast, too. Sometimes you get bonus calories. And now if you don't finish something, you know how to weigh it to remove the calories!
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    so true, when I first weighed rice I thought there was something wrong with the scales or the fundamental laws of physics had changed.

Weighed it out dry?

Cooked. Also made with a teaspoon of coconut oil for that insane discovery made recently:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-32019176

although I'm obviously still logging it as per usual calories.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I must eat different cereals than everyone else. Cheerios, Honeycomb, Alpha-bits, Rice Krispies are pretty large-showing amounts for their weight. The only pitiful amount I've had is oatmeal.
  • MsBuzzkillington
    MsBuzzkillington Posts: 171 Member
    Options

Weighed it out dry?

Cooked. Also made with a teaspoon of coconut oil for that insane discovery made recently:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-32019176

although I'm obviously still logging it as per usual calories.

I've heard of that coconut oil thing, if coconut products didn't make me want to vomit, I might give it a shot.

But you know that the weight of cooked rice is going to be different from the dry? So you're going to get a bigger portion.
  • twistedwoman
    twistedwoman Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I weighed out weetabix minis and there is about 20 of them
  • AuroraGeorge8393
    AuroraGeorge8393 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    katiebean wrote: »
    A portion of cereal is horrendously small! Couldn't believe it the first time I weighed it out.

So true. Who knew 28 grams was such a puny amount.