Breakfast!

Options
2»

Replies

• rrsuthy
    rrsuthy Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    When I worked out in the mornings (before I had dd), I used to make eggs the night before and keep them undercooked. I'd toss them in a container to take to work the next day. At work, I'd nuke them to warm them up and finish cooking them. I'd add mushrooms, tomatoes and low-fat shredded cheese to them.

My dd is NOT a breakfast eater. Of course, she has to eat breakfast before school, so she'll often eat leftovers from the night before. For example, she'll eat Cincinnati Chili or spaghetti for breakfast. She'll eat hot dogs (those aren't leftover, but they only take 30 seconds in the microwave), etc.

There's no rule that says breakfast has to be eggs, oatmeal or cereal.
  • syiyi
    syiyi Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone., I know that eating breakfast is so important.. and I want to get in the habit of having a healthy breakfast. What are some suggestions for a quick breakfast.
    At the moment I wake up at 6:30 am and don't do breakfast until 10:00am :( I need your HELP.

thanks

Sounds like you already have the perfect setup waiting till 10am to eat.
    After fasting overnight, your body is in the perfect unfed state to oxidize fat. During this time, your adrenal glands increase production of your Catecholamines, which in turn increases your metabolism. Don't believe the "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" crap. It was probably started by cereal companies.

REallY??!!! :noway:

It is fact. Research leangains intermittent fasting.

I'll do some research..
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    #1. Try to eat within an hour of waking up to fire up that metabolism!

#2. Get some protein, complex carbs and good fats for a well rounded breakfast that will fill ya up!

My typical breakfast choices are:
    a 1/2 cup 1% or skim milk with

-2 low fat waffles with peanut butter and no sugar jelly
    -old fashioned oatmeal with walnuts and lite syrup
    -egg beaters with lowfat cheese (and any left over veggies on hand) on a lite english muffin
    -1 cup kashi cereal w/ 1/2 c. milk
    -bagel flat with light cream cheese

I may add some fruit to up the calorie count to 300-350 calories total for breakfast
  • syiyi
    Options
    #1. Try to eat within an hour of waking up to fire up that metabolism!

#2. Get some protein, complex carbs and good fats for a well rounded breakfast that will fill ya up!

My typical breakfast choices are:
    a 1/2 cup 1% or skim milk with

-2 low fat waffles with peanut butter and no sugar jelly
    -old fashioned oatmeal with walnuts and lite syrup
    -egg beaters with lowfat cheese (and any left over veggies on hand) on a lite english muffin
    -1 cup kashi cereal w/ 1/2 c. milk
    -bagel flat with light cream cheese

I may add some fruit to up the calorie count to 300-350 calories total for breakfast

:happy: THANKS
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I do oatmeal for a quick breakfast. Here's my "recipe"

ingredients:
    - equal part oats and milk (I use Quaker old fashioned oatmeal and Blue Diamond unsweetened almond milk)
    - anything that you want to stir in (this morning I put in peanut butter and syrup, but sometimes I add applesauce, or a sliced banana, or almonds!)

directions:
    -put the oats and milk in a microwave-safe bowl and nuke for 2 and a half minutes. Stir in toppings. Enjoy.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Don't believe the "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" crap. It was probably started by cereal companies.

QFT.
  • Lissajoy08
    Lissajoy08 Posts: 35
    Options
    Sorry, I haven't tried freezing them. The recipe only yields 6 so that's three days of breakfast for me... I'll make a double batch if my husband decides wants some during the week to. On the other days I do Bagel Thins (100 calories) and spread laughing cow cheese (35 calories) on them and then of course 1 cup of some kind of fruit.
    Def trying this out. Do they freeze well?
    This is awesome!
    I make them at the beginning of the week, stick them in the fridge and take 2 to work, with 1 cup of grapes. My husband will actually eat these (even though he doesn't know what's in them and doesn't need to know.)

They are so simple and tasty! I use swiss laughing cow cheese w/ this recipe.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/06/hash-brown-egg-white-nests.html#more
  • previn84
    previn84 Posts: 48
    Options
    I'm terrible at the whole breakfast thing. Lazy really. Its hard to make breakfast when you have a 4 month old to get changed, fed, and off to day care to be to work by 7am. No excuse really. But whatever.
    I have to be honest, what I do is easy stuff. Lately I've been running through the Jack in the Box drive thru. I order a Breakfast Jack without cheese... its only 240 calories and it has eggs, ham, and a bun. I pair it with water since I love food so much and hate wasting calories on drinks). The meal is just enough to get my protein up to get my metabolism going. Around 10ish I'll have a cup of yogurt or a peice of fruit or something equally as easy.
  • JK1967
    JK1967 Posts: 4
    Options
    One piece of advice I would give is just to pull back your breakfast time by half an hour each week. So try having a week at 9.30am then move to 9.00am until you are eating within an hour of getting up.

This way it's not such a dramatic change to how you eat at the moment and will be more achievable in the long run.
  • syiyi
    Options
    One piece of advice I would give is just to pull back your breakfast time by half an hour each week. So try having a week at 9.30am then move to 9.00am until you are eating within an hour of getting up.

This way it's not such a dramatic change to how you eat at the moment and will be more achievable in the long run.

THANKS!