Any other early risers out there?

Options
I feel best when I'm up and out of bed before 5am est.

I'm not sure why, but when I keep this schedule my mood improves, my sleep improves, I workout more, my diet is better. It just works for me.

Buuutttt....it's sometimes hard to maintain. Any other early risers out there interested in an am "I'm up and moving and destroying this day" check in? Possibly via What'sapp?

Replies

• emmerrzett
    emmerrzett Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i get up at 04:20am cet and start training around 06am to 06:30am :)
    Last week i opened up the box at 05:30am to get some work in before the classes start.
  • janetennet
    janetennet Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm in South Africa and most mornings I try to be up at 4:30am to be at gym by 5am.
    You're so right that it does really improve moods, sleep, activity and diet - I suppose keeping any routine will do this. I find it the best time to fit everything in as then I can have the rest of the day to do whatever else comes up - work, shopping etc. :) It also means that after work I'm free to do whatever I need to do.
  • SpaceFace
    SpaceFace Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awsome! In reality my alarm usually goes off at 4:30. People around me (in real life) sometimes think I'm crazy/can't understand why it's important to me to try and keep that schedule. Love hearing from you other early risers :)
  • irisbuen
    irisbuen Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I get up at 3am most times of the week, and hit my exercise zone by 6 or 7am until 9am, I don't have WhatsApp though but feel free to add me.

I agree on waking up early = better overall daily outlook. I just noticed that I feel more ready than any other days when I didn't wake up as early as I did.
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm usually up by 6am and at the gym by 6:30am.
  • SpaceFace
    Options
    I'm listening to a podcast right now and they just said "If you conquer the morning you conquer the day". Love that.
  • lolly77
    lolly77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you all get up at that time, what time do you go to bed?
  • SpaceFace
    Options
    For me depends on the day, between 9 and 11, but when I'm following that routine daily whenever I start to feel worn down I take a day to sleep as much as I want, maybe once every three weeks.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Up at 4 AM three times a week and 4:30 2 times a week, out of necessity. If I exercise in the evening I can't sleep when I do get some growing older. :(
    The plus side I do sleep like the dead!
  • sc487
    sc487 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm up around 4:00 every day, sadly I have to be at work by 5:00. Ideally I would get up at 3:00 but most nights I only get 5 hours of sleep anyway, so I wok lit when I get home from work.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I feel I am getting up late compared to some :-) I get up at 6.10 and do my morning workout immediately The followed by my walk to work from 7.30
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Up usually around 5:45 am. I love it! I go to bed between 9 and 10 pm.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    4:30am without fail. My husband and I were thrilled to find that we had similar schedules because we both had many previous relationships where we had to occupy ourselves all morning waiting for the other half to wake up.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I'm usually naturally awake by about 5 a.m. No alarm, it's just when I wake up, even in winter. So I just get up and do my thing.

Of course, this means I'm asleep by about 9:30 p.m. But I feel good so no reason to worry about it.
  • Boofuls
    Boofuls Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I get up about 5-5.30 because that's when my son wakes up. It's waaaaaay too early!
  • webtracer
    webtracer Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I get up around 3:30 Pacific time every weekday ... Make my commute to work and then ... most days ... I get in a run before my workday starts at 6

Totally in!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5:15 for work, but wanted to sleep in till 6 for vacation. Unfortunately, my "special" dog has decided that 5:45 is better. I might as well plan for that from now on. I go to bed around 10. I might take a nap if sleep pattern is disrupted or just tired from whatever.
  • belle_reve9
    belle_reve9 Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too! Up anywhere from 4:45AM to 5:20AM.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I also feel better if I can get in a good early workout.
  • sawguoyi923
    sawguoyi923 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    So do you get 8 hours? I want to be an early riser SOOO BAD, but my lazy body just wants to sleep