Why I Post my Exercise and Gym Check-ins on FB

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I wonder how long it took you to draft this MFP/FB Post.

I think it's hilarious there's so much emotion behind this from anyone.

FB isn't really life. I mean... unless you're 14. Or me. I *kitten* love FB. Best Kitty Videos EVER!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Simple solution.....

Delete FB.

I know shocking.
  • Discoqueen77
    Discoqueen77 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think this was a great post! Made me think about my goals. I hesitate to post stuff like this on FB prob due to fear of backsliding. People do notice when I lose weight though, regardless. Thinking now Instagram might be a better venue for me this way. Do not listen to the naysayers. We each have our own methods that work/do not work for us. Keep up the good work!
  • mjbehrendt
    mjbehrendt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The way I look at whether to post something or not is like this: If I can be proud of it, I can post it. I don't do it to create drama or make people hate me. That is their reaction, something that I cannot control. They can unfollow or unfriend. I post a lot of pics of my fiancé, my kids, my weekends, my workouts, my accomplishments. I also post things about disappointments, failures, sadness, etc. Is my life lacking in some way? I don't believe it for a second!

I don't keep a journal, but someday Facebook (especially with Timehop, etc.) will actually act as an online journal, like a blog so to speak.

Like I said in the first sentence, if it's not maliciously done to stir up drama, hate, or pity, and is done tactfully, there is nothing wrong with it. It's your life's story that you've kept track of. If someone doesn't want to be a part of that, there are options.

I would also say in closing, don't respond to the memes, the hate, or the jealousy. Hold your head up...and remember, anything you are thinking is a reaction, something that they can't control. You can also unfollow and unfriend.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Simple solution.....

Delete FB.

I know shocking.

giphy.gif

NEVER. :tongue:
  • PintsizedPunky
    PintsizedPunky Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Coming from someone who overposts on all forms of social media...wow...this one is even beyond me. Just let it go. If you want to post something inspiring about your workouts, go for it. If you want to be passive aggressive and make people mad because you're talking down to them...well...yeah...you're not motivating ANYONE at that point unless you're trying to teach them how to be a better *kitten*.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    The reason is because no one gives a *kitten* what you do. No one. Even people that pretend they do, by saying, "go get it, girl", really don't. No one cares. It's boring. And, it's inane. Keep it to yourself. Workout, keep your mouth shut, let the results say whatever they say. It isn't motivating anyone, nor you. It's showing off. It's self-centered.

Instead, try using facebook to not talk about yourself. Talk about how awesome other people are. Make yourself interesting by not talking about you. Try it. you might learn that more people will be attracted to your page, and to you. Self-centered people are boring and have no imagination. Our society is turning to be very self-centered, and it's so much so that people don't even see it anymore.

Let me ask you something. Do you post when you poop? Why not?

This is just about one of the dumbest things I have ever read. Clearly she said earlier it wasn't for attention. Therefore, she doesn't need to change how she posts for attention. Not everyone has to pretend to be someone else to get people to like them... But you can do that if it makes you happy. And she can use her FB to post about herself if it makes her happy.

Don't you guys even stop to think how negative and condescending you are? What is the point of being alive if we have to fit into everyone else's little bubble of what a person should and shouldn't do? Does posting about her life about what is important to her and makes her happy dilute your life and happiness in the least? NO!

OP post whatever you want. It is your life. Don't even address it, don't even care. Just unfollow and unfriend all the *kitten* who think they know better about what you should post. Be you, always. This world is already too full of hateful people who want to control others, be free and be happy.

If it's not for attention, why the need to post THIS piece of crap it at all? Who cares if other people think it's annoying? Do your regular posts and get over yourself.

Who cares? Get over yourself and let people do what they want? Why does it matter to you so much? Are you the protector of facebook? Got to make sure people aren't getting too much attention or living their life too much?
  • SofaKingRad_AZ
    SofaKingRad_AZ Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I never knew people were so passionate about what's posted and not posted on Facebook. Thank you MFP for showing me!
  • PintsizedPunky
    Options
    Nobody probably cares because they all have you hidden.

I hide all gym people from my wall because they annoy the F out of me and I work out all seven days.

Over-indulgence on one aspect of life is a telling sign of a severe lack of something else. It is a form of insecurity and you should be careful of not outing it. Wise up and post some cat pics.

I do post other things on my page. I think that's why it has me so irritated.
    I recommend not to post the OP on FB at all.

I never post gym stuff. Never post selfies. I never humble brag. At times I whine about my dead father, that is it and I do share some difficulties from the past. Anything about the gym, too many selfies, incessant public lovey dovey of the spouse... it tends to annoy people.

Also social media is a reflection of mental state. If you over-indulge, it is a clear sign of insecurity. There is this guy who writes a novel for his girlfriend every week. Everyone knows he is trying to re-assert himself coz the relationship is rocky.

Is there anything one can post on Facebook that isn't considered annoying by some other people?

Yep. It's called the invisible post. As in you think it...and hit post in your head...and then...just don't. lol
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The reason is because no one gives a *kitten* what you do. No one. Even people that pretend they do, by saying, "go get it, girl", really don't. No one cares. It's boring. And, it's inane. Keep it to yourself. Workout, keep your mouth shut, let the results say whatever they say. It isn't motivating anyone, nor you. It's showing off. It's self-centered.

Instead, try using facebook to not talk about yourself. Talk about how awesome other people are. Make yourself interesting by not talking about you. Try it. you might learn that more people will be attracted to your page, and to you. Self-centered people are boring and have no imagination. Our society is turning to be very self-centered, and it's so much so that people don't even see it anymore.

Let me ask you something. Do you post when you poop? Why not?

This is just about one of the dumbest things I have ever read. Clearly she said earlier it wasn't for attention. Therefore, she doesn't need to change how she posts for attention. Not everyone has to pretend to be someone else to get people to like them... But you can do that if it makes you happy. And she can use her FB to post about herself if it makes her happy.

Don't you guys even stop to think how negative and condescending you are? What is the point of being alive if we have to fit into everyone else's little bubble of what a person should and shouldn't do? Does posting about her life about what is important to her and makes her happy dilute your life and happiness in the least? NO!

OP post whatever you want. It is your life. Don't even address it, don't even care. Just unfollow and unfriend all the *kitten* who think they know better about what you should post. Be you, always. This world is already too full of hateful people who want to control others, be free and be happy.

If it's not for attention, why the need to post THIS piece of crap it at all? Who cares if other people think it's annoying? Do your regular posts and get over yourself.

Who cares? Get over yourself and let people do what they want? Why does it matter to you so much? Are you the protector of facebook? Got to make sure people aren't getting too much attention or living their life too much?

I could ask you the very same questions about your ardent white knighting of the OP.

All I said what that OP should post whatever she wants on FB, realizing it might annoy people. You cannot control if people find your behavior annoying - you can only control your behavior. If you don't want to be annoying, then posting pathetic "LOOK AT ME" defenses to your "LOOK AT ME" posts is probably the wrong way to go about it.
  • PintsizedPunky
    Options
    FB is about giving people a soapbox who do not actually deserve a soapbox.

I'm short. If I climb down off my soapbox no one will EVER see me.

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I never knew people were so passionate about what's posted and not posted on Facebook. Thank you MFP for showing me!

People on MFP passionate??? Noo never.
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    Hitting the town this Friday! Birthday weekend!!!

I think 1st is going to be Iron Horse, they've got $6 beer and shot specials. After that we'll either do shorty's for cheesesteaks and pitchers or if people wanna head up town we'll hit up 123 burger shot beer. Final stop will be either Sapphire or Hustler!

Come out if you want to get trashed! I'll definitely be buying drinks!
  • PintsizedPunky
    Options
    DYELB wrote: »

I think 1st is going to be Iron Horse, they've got $6 beer and shot specials. After that we'll either do shorty's for cheesesteaks and pitchers or if people wanna head up town we'll hit up 123 burger shot beer. Final stop will be either Sapphire or Hustler!

WTKitten does that have to do with anything?
  • odusgolp
    Options

Meet ya at Hustler :)
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    odusgolp wrote: »

Meet ya at Hustler :)

Lap dances are $40 there but you can't beat Cigars on the rooftop.