Drunken munchies...WHAT DO YOU DO?!

Options
I know I'm not the only one who does this...

You are out with your friends (under the influence of alcohol) and everyone goes to Mcdonald's/ KFC/ Subway/Burger King/Kebab place at the end of the night... Your tummy is rubbling and you want food...WHAT DO YOU DO?! A salad just won't do...

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Honestly, gum.
    Or more alcohol.
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I usually get the lowest cal sandwich they have and no sides.
  • ShyBreasts
    ShyBreasts Posts: 91
    Options
    Honestly, gum.
    Or more alcohol.

That answer made me lol! Just drink till we pass out - as long as we eat nothing its all good! woohoo hehe X
  • mapexdrummer69
    Options
    Lol...just look at this past Sunday on my diary and you'll see what I tend to do.
  • ShyBreasts
    ShyBreasts Posts: 91
    Options
    Lol...just look at this past Sunday on my diary and you'll see what I tend to do.

Loving the Ben and Jerry's mmmm! X
  • witchyboots
    witchyboots Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    If you want my HONEST answer then I eat it too! :blushing:
    I don't drink but I do have to contend with the munchies..if you get me! I just make sure it's once a week and I try to be really good the next day. Treats are mandatory to me so I try not to sweat it.

Subway isn't that bad I don't think - I got a 6" sub the other day for under 500 calories. Loooove me some Subway!!
  • mapexdrummer69
    Options
    Yea, and as far as amounts, by that point I was so far gone I don't know exactly how much I ate. Lol

It was probably more like 5k calories for the day.

Oh, and B&J are my best friends.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I get my boyfriend to yell at me and tell me I'm not really hungry because I just ate a couple of hours ago.
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    Whatever I have as my weekly go to snack usually (in the house is if i'm starving). My boyfriend and I partake on Fridays as a ritual.

Usually have Klondike 100 cal ice cream sandwiches, Kozy Shack rice pudding cups (130cal), my new fav breakfast which is an open faced Trader Joe multigrain waffle toasted with a 1TBS of Bettter then butter and 1/2 banana cut up (awesomely filling and 218 calories... or there is 100 cal popcorn bags.

Out of the house? TACO BELL for 2 Fresco soft tacos which are 150 calories each. If you ask for some sour cream on the side its light (they only have light) and 30 calories extra
  • satch45
    satch45 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    IHOP or Denny's for sure! What's better than breakfast when you're wasted?!
  • symphonika
    symphonika Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Honestly, gum.
    Or more alcohol.

That answer made me lol! Just drink till we pass out - as long as we eat nothing its all good! woohoo hehe X

ha ha! but then you get the hangover munchies really bad!!
  • beginswithb
    beginswithb Posts: 132
    Options
    I drink lots and lots of water at that point. Not only does it help the rumbling, but it helps me the next morning. If I absolutely HAVE to eat something, I stick with something with grilled chicken over red meat and toss the bun or whatever it's on/in. Of course, this is assuming I'm sober enough to not just inhale it... >.>
  • Soziberry
    Soziberry Posts: 115
    Options
    I am terrible for this. We take in turns to host party night and put food on. I go mental! Drink in one hand, slice of pizza in the other and already clocking what to eat next. I generally ignore what I eat then since it's like once a fortnight and be an angel rest of the time
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad my regular drunken nights out are over, because I know I would cave and eat the greasiest yummy food.

You're not going to like my answer though...either don't eat, or make sure to get in a good work out on the days you go out drinking so you'll minimize the damage.

During the winter I sometimes go out with my husband in his salt truck, and at 3am when I'm starving, there is not much to eat besides gas station junk or fast food. Sometimes I was strong and had water and a granola bar, but I also tended to live in a fantasy world where middle of the night eating doesn't count because it's not today, and not yet tomorrow! :laugh:
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I don't get drunk to often! I like to remember what I do, bad or good!:devil:
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Village Inn has a great breakfast option. You can pick four things for 6.99. They have egg white omelettes, turkey sausage, applesauce, oatmeal, cottage chesse, ect. That's what I always go for and then I count it as breakfast for the next day and eat a healthy snack around 10 am.
  • GrampsWooha
    GrampsWooha Posts: 184
    Options
    go to sleep before i eat more
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Tbh I can't control it all that well, I always go for McDonalds :( Luckily I don't go out that often, so when I do I eat as healthily as I can throughout the day and save several calories for the alcohol + munchies. The rest I just let it slide as the odd treat.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    HAHA totally happened this weekend. My friends ALWAYS want to get something terrible for us and this time it was qudoba. But my SAINT of a boyfriend looks at me, and goes "order what you want in a buritto, I'll eat most of it but you can still have a few bites."

I love him so much :)

And for the other kind of munchies (you know, the non-drunk kind)... that's why I have a stash of 100 calorie packs and low-calorie ice cream snacks. But I've noticed that healthy food tends to taste better as well :D
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I'll be in that same boat tonight. I'm going out with my older sister and best friend and their husbands and I know everyone but the DD will be drinking. My first plan is to fall asleep in the car on the way home. If that doesn't work, I'll just look up wherever we go and do my best to stay reasonable. I do have a bit of an advantage because my best friend has already lost 80+ pounds and she'll help me stay on track, depending on how much she's had to drink.
    And tomorrow, back on the boat.