Eggs Make Me Gag!

Options
Emijanine
Emijanine Posts: 158 Member
What are your favorite ways to make eggs that can mask the egginess of them? They make me gag, but I know they are good for me!

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Don't eat them. Just because something is healthy doesn't mean that you have to force yourself to eat it. Why punish yourself? There are plenty of other ways to get the protein, micros, and fat that you get in eggs. I cannot stand fish, so I don't eat fish.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    one more vote for don't eat them. There's nothing magical about them if you don't like them.
  • Emijanine
    Options
    I just figured since they are a relatively cheap source of good protein I should bite the bullet
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Emijanine wrote: »
    What are your favorite ways to make eggs that can mask the egginess of them? They make me gag, but I know they are good for me!

I don't eat things I don't enjoy. You'll never see me eat kale, I don't care how good for me it is.
  • Ck103084
    Ck103084 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I try to get eggs as well but I'm not a big fan of them. Try it over veggies or in sauce, on rice...hope this helps!
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Ughhh...I had to laugh at this because I've been trying to make myself eat eggs the last couple days. Yesterday went ok, but today I'm feeling a little ill. I made those mini omelette things in muffin tins with bacon and cheddar cheese. Maybe it's because I had to microwave to reheat? But yeah...I feel like they're just sitting there all gross.
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    1 egg + 1 oz cream cheese blended up, cook like a pancake. Yummy.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,048 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    BABetter1 wrote: »
    1 egg + 1 oz cream cheese blended up, cook like a pancake. Yummy.

This sounds yummy...I may have to try it!

I'm not an egg fan either but I like them for the protein/fat bump. One thing the Army taught me...lots of hot sauce can mask even the worst of foods. So I scramble mine, and apply quite a bit of hot sauce (all logged of course). I don't eat them daily since I'm not a fan. I usually include a side of bacon as a treat when I do have eggs to make it more palatable. The other option is to consider just using egg whites (it's actually the yolks I'm not fond of); however, you will have much less fat sans yolks, so it will depend on what macros you are trying to get.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I don't like the texture, taste or smell of eggs and it doesn't matter how they are prepared.
    Now if they are in something as an ingredient like brownies, that's okay.
    My cousin once added scrambled eggs into a chicken fried rice stir fry and it was okay until I got a bigger piece of an egg and could actually taste it and it ruined the whole thing for me. I'm pretty sure I had a bad experience with eggs as a child and I'm turned against them for life. haha or I just don't like eggs.

There are also people in my life that are like try it! try it!! try it!! and I'm like I HAVE. Try it again!! I HAVE! Have you had it this way? YES! What about this way? YES! and guess what? I still don't like eggs. haha

In case this isn't apparent from my post: It's okay to not like eggs!
  • dani_dahling86
    dani_dahling86 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can't stand eggs. But I can eat protein pancakes!

1/2 cup egg whites
    1/4 cup cottage cheese
    1/4 cup raw oats
    1/2 scoop protein powder
  • kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Do omelets make you gag? Tons of ways to make omelets with all sorts of good ingredients...
  • Emijanine
    Options
    I can't stand eggs. But I can eat protein pancakes!

1/2 cup egg whites
    1/4 cup cottage cheese
    1/4 cup raw oats
    1/2 scoop protein powder

Now this sounds great!! Thank you!
  • Emijanine
    Options
    kendahlj wrote: »
    Do omelets make you gag? Tons of ways to make omelets with all sorts of good ingredients...

Lol it depends. They can't have tomatoes or mushrooms.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Emijanine wrote: »

I make them scrambled and add sweet chili sauce to them. That should help
  • annherrin
    annherrin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Try using salsa or any other seasonings. The more the better!! :)
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Agreed with Ann!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I love eggs and eat them most mornings, but there's nothing so special about them that would make me eat them if I didn't like them. There are numerous equally healthful things you can eat.