Eggs Make Me Gag!

Options

Replies

• jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    If you don't like eggs, don't eat them. Life is too short to eat food you hate.

this^^^

I hate brussel sprouts. They are good for me but I hate them. Thus, I DON"T EAT THEM!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    My wife would suggest summer berries Pavlova.

I would go for an omelette made with strong cheddar cheese, chorizo and onion.
  • Emijanine
    Emijanine Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    What about a quiche lorraine (eggs, bacon, cheese and onions) or a breakfast bake? What about a breakfast burrito? All of which are excellent with lots of hot sauce and salsa!
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    When food makes me gag I don't eat it. Just saying.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Emijanine wrote: »
    What are your favorite ways to make eggs that can mask the egginess of them? They make me gag, but I know they are good for me!

Eggs aren't any better for you than many other foods. But if you want to like them I'd suggest eating only the whites or more whites than yolk.
  • ValkyrieLula
    ValkyrieLula Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I avoid eggs and fish, as they are both foods that I'm rarely on good terms with, except on the rare occasion (or sushi-related for fish). But I have found out that it's really the yolks that bother me, especially if mixed with the whites (scrambled for example). So I usually fry or poach eggs if I want one with the yolk (the lovely run doesn't bother me, as I can mix it with whatever else I'm eating). But that's rare (it's been a month since I last ate eggs, and it was the morning after overdoing the wine tasting).
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    if they make you gag dont eat them.. thats crazy. My mom used to force me to eat canned spinach.. i would swallow it whole with milk. Well one time it came back up onto my plate. Never had to eat it again.
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    1. Eggbeaters-- the Southwestern style is really great.
    2. I like to scramble them and top them with salsa. Salsa in general is just the way to go.

Good luck!
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I completely feel your pain. I love eggs but HATE bananas! And bananas are in healthy versions of everything these days. Boo!
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Maybe crack them open and cook them first?
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Eggs repulse me, so I don't eat them. I'm still healthy. Don't eat eggs if you don't like them! :-)
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Without knowing if it's the taste or texture you don't like, it's hard to tell. I like the ideas so far.

Do you like french toast, or is that a no-no too? If that is something you've enjoyed, you can make it using whole grain bread, and if you doctor the egg mixture with cinnamon & vanilla, you might be able to get the low-cost protein without the grimace.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Granted I can eat eggs for every meal as I love them...

However, since you aren't a fan, I'd recommend doing omelettes (with or without yolk) with some chunks of meat (ham or left over chicken) onions (green have the best flavor I think) and green/red peppers. The more veggies and stuff you add, the less eggy taste.

That said, anytime I've had to reheat eggs, like another poster mentioned, it makes me gag. I will never reheat eggs, they get all rubbery and plastic tasting :s
  • coco095
    coco095 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I try to eat eggs for their protein because I don't really like meat. Egg whites are a savior because I hate the yolks. I also use them in a protein waffle which is one scoop protein, one serving egg whites, and 1/2 tsp baking powder. They taste pretty good and no eggy taste or texture. I love em. :)
  • KPelrah
    KPelrah Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have you ever had eggs for dinner on a salad? I had a two omelette with onions, mushrooms and cabot cheese over a bed of baby argula tonight. Im guessing you dont like runny eggs? I will do poached eggs with toast, if yolks dont bug you they add a great rich sauce like element to everything. And egg poached (you can cook them until they are more firm then runny inside) in a soup broth is awesome especially asian influenced broths or tomato based chili. This takes some experimenting.

Try to think outside the shell but if you cant stomach them no matter how they are cooked, maybe they arent for you.
  • DanSTL82
    DanSTL82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Eat them with a sauce or a topping you like. I eat eggs with salsa, buffalo sauce, or barbecue sauce. It masks the taste. If you're working out, people are wrong when they say just don't eat them. They're pretty much the best thing you can be eating when you're working out.
  • Emijanine
    Emijanine Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    KPelrah wrote: »
    Have you ever had eggs for dinner on a salad? I had a two omelette with onions, mushrooms and cabot cheese over a bed of baby argula tonight. Im guessing you dont like runny eggs? I will do poached eggs with toast, if yolks dont bug you they add a great rich sauce like element to everything. And egg poached (you can cook them until they are more firm then runny inside) in a soup broth is awesome especially asian influenced broths or tomato based chili. This takes some experimenting.

Try to think outside the shell but if you cant stomach them no matter how they are cooked, maybe they arent for you.

Runny eggs are the bane of my existence! Haha!
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Oh I hear you. I can manage a hard cooked egg with plenty of salt, or a soufflé, or an eggy crepe, but I cannot be anywhere near a poached or fried or soft cooked egg. The runny yolk, the shiny slippery white, ugh. I can eat a few bites of scrambled eggs if I have to to be polite, but if I get some streaks of white that weren't completely mixed with the yolk before cooking, I'm going to gag.
  • megann120
    megann120 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    One thing came to my mind: egs as a substitute for noodles on clear soup. I beat the egg with a pinch of salt till it's all even colour and pour on the simmering clear soup. Cook for one minute. They completely take the flavour from the stock and the texture is like very delicate noodles. Or you can't feel them at all.
    Apart from eggs hidden in pancakes and other cakes it's the least eggy way to eat them.
    X