When do you eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Days where I work 7am - 3:30pm:

6:30am = 2 slices of Weight Watchers bread with 2 Laughing Cow triangles (or 30g greek yogurt cream cheese spread) and some cucumber slices. A coffee (1 splenda, 1/3 cup unsweetened cashew milk) and a banana.

9:30-10am = a second coffee, with a bar of some kind. Right now I'm really digging the Quaker Harvest greek yogurt bars in Nut Medley flavour.

Somewhere between 1 and 2pm = A big serving of fresh fruit (or raw mushrooms and red pepper dip), a greek yogurt cup, and then my main lunch. Usually either a Healthy Choice steamer, or a ww tortilla with shredded chicken breast mixed with salsa, or a tuna sandwich with light tuna mixed with mustard, or lean deli meat sandwiches with tzatziki in place of mayo...

6pm-ish = dinner. Almost always a ton of roasted veg, a chopped romaine salad, lean meat (centre cut pork chops, ribeye steaks, chicken breast or drumsticks, haddock, salmon, pork tenderloin...). Sometimes I'll have 100g of cooked jasmine rice.

Before bed I typically have one more small snack. Some oreos or an ice cream bar or popcorn.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    9am-1pm I drink a big protein iced coffee
    12- breakfast, egg, egg whites, cheese, cereal/milk
    3:30- lunch- carb/protein
    6:45- dinner-carb/protein/veg
    10pm-snack

This seems to really work for me.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    For me, it is pretty much based on time.

8:30 or 9am -breakfast
    11 am - 8 unsalted roasted almonds
    Noon or 1-ish - lunch
    5pm - snack of hummus and vegetables
    8pm - dinner
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Eating early and often does not work well for me. I usually eat my first meal around 1-2 pm. Then I have dinner at a regular time and can have a snack/snacks later in the evening if I want or have the calories for it. This method works best for me to stay under my calorie allotment.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Medium breakfast at about 730 then generally nothing until 6 for dinner. Then a snack sometime before bed.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry. Breakfast is usually just a cup of coffee, sometimes something more. Lunch is somewhere between 11:00 - 3:00, dinner somewhere between 5:00 - 9:00. I'm not usually very hungry in the morning and I prefer my dinner to be the biggest meal of the day. I don't like multiple small meals because they're unsatisfying and I'm hangry all the time, I'd rather have larger and less frequent meals.

Eat whenever is best for you for adherence, satiety and workout performance. When/how often you eat is irrelevant for weight loss purposes. You can eat one meal per day or ten meals per day, at any hour you want - as long as you maintain a consistent calorie deficit, you'll lose weight. The eating schedule that works best for your personal preferences is the one you're most likely to stick to.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry. I'm almost never hungry when I wake up. This usually leads to eating just twice a day. I'm down nearly 80lbs so it works for me.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Coffee with lots of milk when i wake up, so i don't kill anything.
    Breakfast after kids leave for school, or brunch together on weekends
    Lunch- i'll either eat a bit early(maybe 11) and then run errands, or have a few snacks rather than a full lunch
    Snack- after school with the kids, i'll partake if i have extra calories
    Dinner with the family- around 6/7
    Late snack if i have an abundance of calories/am still hungry
    Breakfast & dinner are pretty set, lunch kind of happens whenever.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    When do you eat? Or how do you know when to eat?

Are you used to eating at the same time each day? Do you wait until you're hungry? If so, what does that look like for you?

I feel like I eat out of habit (same time each day), and I eat if I am craving something. I'm interested in what others do! I feel like I should try and focus on my body more and listen to if it's actually hungry.

I consistantly eat around the same times every day. I tend to get hungry about every 3-5 hours while I am awake. I'm not starving every 3-5 hours but I am getting hungry.
    8 AM- 200-300 calories
    noon- 300-500 calories
    6-7 PM- 300-600 calories
    Snacks at 3-4 and 9 PM- 100-300 calories I don't always eat at both of these time periods.
  • paymentm
    paymentm Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Weekdays:
    Breakfast: 7 AM 200-300 cals
    Lunch: Noon 300-400 cals
    Supper: Between 6 PM - 7 PM 400-500 cals

If I go for a run I will eat something under 200 cals if I'm hungry. I'm eating 1200 cals a day. I work 9-5 so have to stick to a schedule.

Weekends:
    Whenever I'm hungry.

I tend to eat a lot less over the weekend because I'm not on a schedule and pretty busy instead of sitting at a desk all day. I do however tend to make up the calories in alcohol...
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    when i am hungry.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - 4:30 am
    Snack - 8:30 am
    Lunch 12:30 pm
    Snack - 4:00 pm
    Dinner 6:00 pm
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    During the week when I'm working I generally eat at the same times. Around 2:00 I'll have a small lunch, then around 8:30 - 9:00 a big dinner.

On the weekends there is no schedule. I may eat 2-3 times or I may just eat one big meal, depending on what we are doing that day.

I don't have any rules about eating times, I just eat whatever fits my schedule and satisfies my hunger.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    During the week breakfast is about7-730, lunch is 1130-12, dinner is somewhere between 6-8 depending on my sons schedules. I usually have one snack which varies. Sometimes it's between lunch and dinner (if dinner is later), sometimes after dinner if we are eating earlier.

On weekends I sometimes sleep in and don't eat my first meal until lunch, but the rest of the day is about the same.
  • sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My goal this mth was to try sticking to a meal plan so I prepped up some meals and I eat every 3-4 hrs. I can't believe how much better I have felt and actually am down 4.5 lbs. I'm sure water but my next weigh in is Wed.
  • carrieloveshk
    carrieloveshk Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    When I'm working:
    Breakfast 8AM
    Lunch 11:30AM
    Dinner 5PM
    Snack 7PM

During my break:
    Breakfast 9AM
    Snack: 11AM
    Lunch: 1PM
    Snack: 4PM
    Dinner: 6PM

But hey, if I'm hungry I eat! :D
  • Zipp237
    Zipp237 Posts: 255 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I eat all day, little meals, tiny snacks. I stay fuller, feel better and have more energy that way. I absolutely eat breakfast. If I don't, I'll be hungrier later in the day and it'll be harder to eat right.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I have a routine.
    8am small breakfast
    11am small salad
    2pm snack
    4pm snack
    7pm big dinner

I can't sleep hungry so I need a big dinner.