Females with 100+ lbs to lose!

Options

Replies

• cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    tanyaraem wrote: »
    I have a lot more than 100 to lose but doing it 1 step at a time. For me, I need to lose some weight before I try and add exercise just by strictly logging food/diet. I'm new though, just started seriously this week.

I have about 100 more pounds to lose. I started using MFP at the start of this year. The food diary has been incredibly effective. Knowing where I'm at before I eat helps me to make choices that keep me within my nutritional goals. Due to some problems recovering from surgery, I was not able to any exercise at all. Just making better choices, and logging what I eat, I've been able to lose 37 pounds so far. I would have told you that it wasnt possible to lose any weight without being able to exercise. I was wrong! Do what you can with food, and be gentle with yourself. It's a process and you will be successful! You are worth the effort.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Your post was exactly what I needed to hear! I have been battling knee problems for the past 4 months - Dr. said I need to have them both replaced in the near future. The pain makes it impossible to exercise and very painful to even walk. I have been struggling wondering how I am going to lose weight if I can't exercise (other than swimming). Thank you for confirming for me that I can do it. You are awesome!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Everyone, myself included, gets so gung-ho when we first get that determination to get ourselves in shape ... be it weight wise or in other matters of our life where we want to change. We go all out 110-percent and feel so good about ourselves when we see positive results the first few days, or the first week or two ... and then something throws a wrench into it. We call it life. We also, more often than not, let it derail us completely from our 110-percenter focus, it suddenly becomes -1 percent and we start to rationalize it away when that tug of guilt rises up to greet us. And then we stop trying all-together at all because we hate that little buzz in our ear telling us that we are not measuring up; we resign ourselves to our sad fate in life of going around with an oversized body and fat-encircled organs that are struggling to keep us alive.

Might I propose a more common-sense approach to it? Eat a little less, move a little more ... every day.
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I started year at 330 lb , now just under 300lb so still have well over 100lb to lose.
  • LAMypie
    LAMypie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I have been on MFP for 4 years, and at one point lost 45lbs, ended up with an injury, and gained it all back and then some. I am now at my highest ever at 346lbs, and I have a very hard time losing weight. I can do everything right, and not lose any, but do everything wrong and lose 7lbs. The next week gain it all back. I am in desperate need of accountability partners. If you're willing and able, please add me!!!
  • rkbart16
    rkbart16 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Would love to have some new friends/motivators on here. I've bounced on and off of mfp but I'm sI tired of being overweight!

I'm 23 and want to lose over 100lbs and be more healthy. Just thinking of that alone is so daunting! In the past, I break it into smaller chunks and build rewards into it for myself at each step (20 pounds or so).

It's really refreshing to see other women with similar goals and in similar situations.

Feel free to send me a message or add me!
  • AlyseAgain
    AlyseAgain Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are the women I've been looking for! I'm 30, 265lbs, and only 5 feet. Please add me, as many of you as are willing! The community support with similar people can be a big help.
  • oh_dang_its_hellie
    oh_dang_its_hellie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have at least 120 lbs to lose. I'm hoping to at least lose 50 by the end of the year. I want to break out up into smaller goals so that way its easier for me. :smile: I'd be happy to add friends on here! I've used this app before, but lacked a lot of motivation at the time.
  • bringing_sasha_back
    bringing_sasha_back Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey there ladies! I'm Sasha and Im looking to lose 100 pounds. I've found it easier to aim to lose 1-2 lbs a week and not look at the big picture. I've been eating healthier (most days) since about February. I've purchased 2 beach body programs and shakeology to try. I have a gym membership and I go at least 3 days a week. I seem to do so much better with everything when I have more support or accountability groups. I think positive support and group accountability helps tremendously. Of any of you would be interested let me know. We can all do this!
  • CatFan1019
    CatFan1019 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have 100 lbs to lose and am looking to add friends for support and motivation. Please add me!
  • SierraND89
    SierraND89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me! I've lost 86 lbs and have about 100 more to go! I log in everyday and love to motivate!
  • christiangeek
    christiangeek Posts: 17 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi, I'm Shelby. I'm 53 and at the point where my weight is seriously impacting my health and quality of life. It's crunch time. My all-time high weight was 273. Now I'm 260 and would ideally like to see 140. My health is such that right now I can't really exercise (lung issues with any exertion at all that the drs are trying to figure out) so I'm diet alone for right now.

I'd love to be friends and I'm going to go through and friend-request some of you guys. If you read this before I friend-request you, please add me! I wish us all the very best!
  • 79dawn
    79dawn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am 36, 5'3", and today weighed 259. I started last year at 268, managed to get down to 238, but it was a struggle. I was doing so good. I had removed almost all soda and sweet tea but then I started drinking them again. I had changed the way I eat, but reverted back to my old ways. I would get so frustrated when the scale didn't do what I wanted when I wanted that I ended up throwing all my hard work out the window. My ultimate goal isn't set in stone, but I definitely need to lose around 115 pounds. I would very, very much like to be in onederland when I graduate from grad school in December (and for my cruise that leaves the next day).

SW 268
    CW 259
    GW (long term) 140-145
    GW (6 month) 199
  • jeanetterouw91
    jeanetterouw91 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi every one my name is Jeanette im new to the group. I have been on this site before back in 2013.. I got down to 176 from 220 now im back at it again at my heaviest at 250. I am wanting to lose about 100 to 110lbs. I use to be able to motivate myself now im not so sure. I think friends and diet buddies would really help me out!
  • miz_ppyn
    miz_ppyn Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    bodnabe wrote: »
    good for all of you. Set a short term goal, a medium goal and the large goal. I have lost 102 pounds and still want another 100 to go. It does not get any easier the older you get. (I am over 60). With each little accomplishment you will be thrilled and motivated to get to the next one. On those negative days, look back and ask yourself what are you complaining about, look at what you have accomplished so far? And it will motivate you again. By a mile it's a trial, by an inch it's a cinch. One day at a time.

I totally agree with you. Im doing just that small goals to reach my ultimate goal☺
  • 79dawn
    Options
    How is everyone doing? Got a little quiet on here.
  • ch3rrybomb25
    ch3rrybomb25 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey all. New to this app. I think I definately need to lose that amount of pounds, easily. Been trying to lose weight for a while now, but it has just been yoyoing up and down. Please please help...lacking in motivation and support. Feel free to add me..we can support eachother along our Journey.xx
  • 79dawn
    Options
    Y'all want to know one of the main things I look forward to as I lose weight? Being able to bend over. Right now I have this huge belly in the way so I have to find other ways to reach my shoelaces or paint my toenails. It's so embarrassing when I drop something and have to retrieve it from the floor. Honestly, I doubt other people notice much that I semi squat to pick it up, but in my mind everyone notices my fat girl struggles.
  • 79dawn
    Options
    I made myself one of those jars where you move a marble for every pound you lose. I went a little crazy with it. I move a small pebble for 1 pound, large pebble for 10, gold piece for 25, a "ruby" for 50 and 100, and a "diamond" for goal.
    e414pyzlnjez.jpeg
  • BrouhardRj
    BrouhardRj Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Im about to hit 35yrs old.. I keep saying this is my year and still getting fat.. So Im really trying to work out every day for 30-45 mins.. and Just lose 10lb a month I guess I need slow and steady.. I need willpower and remember I candy and junk food not what I need.. If you would like to add me Feel Free..