Game of Thrones

Options

Replies

• Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Tsartele wrote: »
    What is the significance of the black Rose???

The sigil of House Tyrell is a rose. My interpretation is that Margaery surreptitiously gave the drawing to her grandmother as a way of telling her that she is still loyal to the family and only pretending to be loyal to the faith because it would be very risky for Margaery to tell her as much or even to write a note given the constant surveillance she is under.

I did not know about the sigil but if figured that Margaery was playing the game and still loyal to her house... Hopfully King Tommen is just playing along as well...I must admit I like to see the High septern and his followers slaughtered.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    I agree! I'm not sure Tommen really knows what's going on, but I think he'll do just about anything Margaery asks. Hopefully he'll agree to turn against the High Sparrow when the time comes!
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I agree! I'm not sure Tommen really knows what's going on, but I think he'll do just about anything Margaery asks. Hopefully he'll agree to turn against the High Sparrow when the time comes!

He's the definition of pusssy whipped
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Tsartele wrote: »
    What is the significance of the black Rose???

That is her house Symbol , it is actual a gold rose but I do not think she had time to paint a gold rose.... it shows her Grandmother that she is still with her.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I was happy to see the Hound again. He was one of my favorite characters. Nice cameo by Ian McShane, too.
  • fitnessjustin01
    fitnessjustin01 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Oh man I'm so behind! Think I'm ready to start season 4.
  • beagletracks
    Options
    I was happy to see the Hound again. He was one of my favorite characters.

Me too! Hoping Lady Stoneheart will show up next... And still anxiously awaiting the release of the two imprisoned dragons!
  • beagletracks
    Options
    moijo0 wrote: »

Me too! Hoping Lady Stoneheart will show up next... And still anxiously awaiting the release of the two imprisoned dragons!
    The dragons were released weren't they? Didn't she just find one and ride on its back ?

She was only able to imprison two of the three. Drogon (the dragon who rescued her at the fighting arena and whom she used to awe the Dothraki) has been free the whole time. The other two live in darkness and solitude. Tyrion recently removed their chains, at least, but they have not been freed.
  • beagletracks
    Options

The dragons were released weren't they? Didn't she just find one and ride on its back ?

She was only able to imprison two of the three. Drogon (the dragon who rescued her at the fighting arena and whom she used to awe the Dothraki) has been free the whole time. The other two live in darkness and solitude. Tyrion recently removed their chains, at least, but they have not been freed.

i thought he left the doors open so they could leave? wasnt the 3rd one was killed after it rescued her from the arena? one has just shown up anyway.. i must have blinked and missed something ha

No, I don't think Tyrion left that small door open, or that Drogon died from his wounds. :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

i thought he left the doors open so they could leave? wasnt the 3rd one was killed after it rescued her from the arena? one has just shown up anyway.. i must have blinked and missed something ha

nope. the two dragons are still under ground, but tyrion has released their chains.

Drogon (the black dragon) was shot a few times but he didn't die. He went and saved dany.

Just incase you didn't know, according to dragon lore in the series, dragons are smart and resilient creatures. They can grow to HUGE sizes. Drogon (although he's finally big enough to ride) is a TINY BABY dragon compared to the dragons of the past.

Dragons never stop growing so long as they are eating and flying around. So i suspect that Drogon will be bigger, stronger, etc. than the other two dragons for now. Either way, they are pissed they are down there and need to be let out soon.

In the books Euron (who they've destroyed on the show) wants to be king of the iron islands and says he's got this big *kitten* dragon horn that can control the dragons of Dany. He says he's going to go over there and steal her dragons, not marry her.

The dragons are currently locked up because dany can't control them.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    To be fair to the show, they did show Arya beside a massive Dragon skull in the first series.
    You know who I'd like to finish up in charge?
    Pod!
    Just because
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    What happened to Pod?
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    I was happy to see the Hound again. He was one of my favorite characters. Nice cameo by Ian McShane, too.

They Film it in Belfast and I bumped into him on my way to work one morning.
    I was all " Jesus big fella, spoiler alert "
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I don't watch it,but I've been to the castle in Dubrovnik where it's filmed
    That counts right?
  • saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    deceived1 wrote: »
    Shut the *kitten* up and cross the sea already.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA, I love Denaerys, but you're right. You own a city, you've conquered a continent, almost. Command a boat, put some soldiers on it and GO.
  • saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    He's just off wandering around, surprising ladies with his sexual technique and waiting to take the throne.

He doesn't really even need a sword, amirite?