Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    1---6.01
    4---5.05
    5---5.30
    8---9.01easy. 3 cold spring dips, and a water/GU break.. 2 hours. Eh... not bad for being lazy.

25.37/80+

Upcoming races:

11/05/16 Jenks Half Jenks OK
    12/11/16 BMW Dallas Marathon, Half
    Run the year 2016  880.25/ 2016

Hopeful races:
    March 19th 2017 RNR Half Dallas, TX
    March 26th 2017 A2A 5k Ardmore, OK
    April 30th 2017 OKC Memorial Marathon, Half.

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    9.01easy. 3 cold spring dips...
    Now that is good motivation to run in the heat!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    @instantmartian my RoadID is my watch strap. Pretty much covers it.
    When we first moved to Germany, my bikes each had RoadID straps as did my kids shoe's.
    Allergies. Contact info. Languages. Rare blood agglutinates.

Probably overkill. :smile:

• AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Today I picked up my blood tests and found out my serum iron levels are low (as I suspected). I never eat the iron foods (liver, red meat, spinach, sea food etc). Last time I had red meat was like in December. The good news is most of my other tests (except from high lymphocyte that might be because my body is in constant trauma for the past year from all this exercise) are good. Red cells are good and all that so I'm not anemic (yet). But I decided I should go and take some iron supplements for a month or two and then check it again. Maybe start eating some spinach and red meat. I hear egg yolks also have some iron. And sugary cereals with vitamins and iron yeyy. At least my cholesterol is low and my triglycerides are at minimum.

So daily reminder to check your iron once in a while. Especially if you are feeling tired all the time

Date.....Distance..Avg hr/Pace/km
    June 1 - 6.1 km - 156/5:47
    June 2 - 5.5 km - 154/6:00
    June 3 - 5.0 km - 153/6:12
    June 4 - 7.0 km - 184/4:25
    June 5 - 6.0 km - 143/6:27
    June 6 - Rest
    June 7 - 6.0 km - 143/6:13
    June 8 - 6.8 km - 148/6:11 (Hot)

exercise.png

03/04: Bucharest 10k and Family run 48:28
    16/04: Color Run Bucharest
    17/04: Forest Run 5k 22:05
    04/06: Happy Run 5k 21:57
  • MichPainter
    MichPainter Posts: 26 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    @patrikc333 Wonderful to see you post! Hope all is well
  • pshara
    pshara Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Finished my 4 miles for today. Did more jogging than I have before, which is a plus :)

exercise.png

• str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options

img
  • ryanclifton8321
    ryanclifton8321 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options

Date Miles today. Miles for June
    6/1 5 miles - 5 << Another recovery run.
    6/2 6.5 miles - 11.5
    6/3 REST DAY (unplanned but necessary)
    6/4 13.5 miles - 25
    6/5 REST DAY
    6/6 8 miles 33
    6/6 4 miles 37 << Daily Double
    6/7 9 miles 46
    6/7 5 miles 51 << Daily Double
    6/8 6.2 miles 57.2

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    UAH 8K - 3/6 <<< 34:33 3 in AG
    Oak Barrel HM - 4/2 <<<< 1:38:00 3 in AG
    Bridge Street HM - 4/10 <<< 1:36:33 3 in AG
    PEO-AVN Team Day 5K - 5/4 <<< 19:10 (2.9 mi) 1 in AG 5 OA
    Cotton Row Run 10K - 5/30 << 44:57 PR
    Firecracker Chase 10.2 miler 6/25
    Rocket City Marathon - 12/10

• RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Took today off, as I was feeling rather bleh this morning. Talked myself into going for a walk. Walk turned into jog because GOTTA RUN. Ran two miles, legs said "no more." Walked a bit then ran another 0.8 mile, which should have been a full mile but well, I was already home. So 2.8 miles total running is what I'll count.

exercise.png

• Net1968
    Net1968 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    @WhatMeRunning Nice running report.

I heard of butt calling people, but never heard of race calling people. LOL
    I guess your phone wanted to give everyone updates on how well you were doing?

Nice that you got beer and bbq after the race. Always a bonus.

Love the atennae & wings @katharmonic

"Hi everyone! I am late to the game here, but I just got sucked into reading all 11 previous pages of posts in this challenge, and it looks like a very fun and motivating group! I'd love to join you all if it's not too late..." @cljoe7 We are the borg! resistence is futile. Welcome!

@Orphia Interesting shoe tree, and a couple of llamas?

@7lenny7 Glad no more achilles pain
    @Net1968 Nice that you got your daughters to run.

@bradboughner5 Inspiring story despite your hardships. Welcome!

@ceciliaslater Good luck with the surgery.

Sorry about the sinuses @instantmartian

Honored to be with you virtually on your run @9voice9 LOL

Thank you, they are doing really well. Today they did 25 minutes non stop for the third time very proud of them both.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Just finally got caught up with all the posts. Today was a rest day for me. Not including the 80 or so minutes of walking with my little man. I will say, these rest days make me feel dumpy, and I don't even feel as tired from hard training sessions as I do when I'm resting....Tomorrow I have an easy 5-6 miles planned, last run before my Sat 10k, as I will be resting/driving 200 miles on Friday.

Still at 27.24/100 for the month.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Today I picked up my blood tests and found out my serum iron levels are low (as I suspected). I never eat the iron foods (liver, red meat, spinach, sea food etc). Last time I had red meat was like in December. The good news is most of my other tests (except from high lymphocyte that might be because my body is in constant trauma for the past year from all this exercise) are good. Red cells are good and all that so I'm not anemic (yet). But I decided I should go and take some iron supplements for a month or two and then check it again. Maybe start eating some spinach and red meat. I hear egg yolks also have some iron. And sugary cereals with vitamins and iron yeyy. At least my cholesterol is low and my triglycerides are at minimum.

So daily reminder to check your iron once in a while. Especially if you are feeling tired all the time

Just a reminder that calcium and iron compete for absorption. Calcium wins. Might look into a cast iron skillet? I don't know if you drink tea, but that also interferes with absorption .

I take spatone pursorb iron water with vitiman C once or twice a week depending on how I feel/or remember. It's a natural low dose, no GI issues. I was told it takes 6 months to get your iron up, I have no idea if that's true.

Last check mine was 44 whatever units, where less than 40 is undesirable. Good luck!
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Running a 5K this Saturday and more anxious about it than any other distance. I think it's because that's the distance I know forwards and backwards (but not really because i would surely trip and fall) from my cross country days. I know what I once ran, what I should be able to run, and what I will actually run. Not to mention this one is in my old town with a bunch of my old running buddies. Eek. The pressure!
  • Elise4270
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    9.01easy. 3 cold spring dips...
    Now that is good motivation to run in the heat!

It's perfect. This would be the ideal place for my famous run park. Water's ~55F, 12.8C.

Digin' the new pic BTW.