Looking for advice.

Options
I follow a Lchf lifestyle and my weight has been stalling at 1200 calories now I have around 4 stone to lose so was advised to up my calories to 2000 per day and reduce as I lose weight. Wot do u guys think xx

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    If your weight loss has stalled, upping your calorie intake will not make you lose more. Just tighten up your logging - weigh everything, check entries, log accurately and consistently, don't cheat.

Are you sure you have set up MFP correctly? At this stage, 1.5 pounds per week is a realistic goal.

+1
  • maxk72
    maxk72 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yeah everything is set up fine initially lost stone 7 lbs but not getting anywhere fast. Will recheck everything and see how I go. Thank u X

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Join this ^^ forum. These folks are super knowledgeable regarding lchf.
  • maxk72
    Options
    Cheers kpk54 x
  • Mystical64
    Mystical64 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The 2000 daily calories a day seems rather high! If anything only increase it a 100 or 200 at most to see. I eat 1400 a day and don't eat back my exercise calories at all.

I've always been told you have to eat to lose.

Believe
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Mystical64 wrote: »
    The 2000 daily calories a day seems rather high!

^^ NOT when OP still has 4 stone to lose its not. When she gets closer to her goal weight then yes, 2000 might be too much (if sedentary e.g) but I wouldn't change anything now, just make sure you are logging as accurately as possible.
  • maxk72
    Options
    Thank u I'm going to find it hard upping calories when I'm not hungry on 1200 but will try x