Hey You 30' Something - Swimsuit Challenge

Options

Replies

• tamiesue2
    tamiesue2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    We should have the teams posted by tonight. Just remember the challenge starts July 1st, the goal is 3500 calories burned per week doing any activity of your choice. This is a team effort,we win or lose as a team.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Are the weeks Fri - Thur?
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Could we do 2500 calories...lol....

Wow, I can't put my mind around this yet, at least 500calories every day!

I would like to know some of y'all plans of action :) it's hard for me to get a good 60 min workout at time....
  • Andee08
    Andee08 Posts: 147 Member
    Options

I would like to know some of y'all plans of action :) it's hard for me to get a good 60 min workout at time....

I am going to use this as an opportunity to force myself to get my butt up early and workout. If I can just swim for 30 minutes in the morning and burn 250 calories before I work I should be okay. Good Luck!
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I would like to do this! Great push to keep my workouts up! I'm on vacation July 5th-9th, but the fitness center looks out on the beach! I'm excited!
  • imgone324
    imgone324 Posts: 84
    Options
    Hey Everybody -

Teams will be posted tonight. And I'll go back through the weigh-in information when I post teams. Good Luck to everybody. So far we have 29 people signed up.
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options

I guess my advantage of still being a "big" girl...I can get in the burn in a smaller amount of time! I can get in 20 minutes on an elliptical at work during my lunch hour & 20 minutes of Zumba at home, then I need a whole 15 more calories everyday! At least M-F! 10 minutes of cleaning & I got it! :o)
  • seventysix06
    seventysix06 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ok...me too!
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    If it isn't too late I would love to join. I am looking for some extra motivation to get off my butt this summer.
  • tamiesue2
    tamiesue2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    If it isn't too late I would love to join. I am looking for some extra motivation to get off my butt this summer.

It's not too late to join!! We will post teams tonight. If you don't see your name on one of the teams just message me!!
  • katharos3
    katharos3 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Can I join if I'm only 29? With 3 kids, I feel like I'm closer to 40 most days. That's got to count for something right? lol
  • Mnk777
    Mnk777 Posts: 6
    Options
    Count me in! This is my first challenge so I'm excited and scared. Time to get my butt in gear!
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've got it, not sure why I was making more of it than it is! 30 min run in the morning and 30 min lifting in the evening! with ball games being over, I got this! hehe and hoping for maybe a walk @ lunch, but not planning on that because of the heat! See y'all in the tomorrow :)
  • Jess3kids
    Jess3kids Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would love to join as well. Looking back the most I've burned in one week is 3084 - gotta kick it up!
  • MamaMonkey
    MamaMonkey Posts: 22
    Options
    Count me in!!! Bring it...
  • katharos3
    katharos3 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I got your message tamiesue2. Thanks! I'm in!! :)
  • lildevil968
    lildevil968 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • imgone324
    imgone324 Posts: 84
    Options
    Alright Everybody.....the moment you've been waiting for.....here are the teams.

Team 1 Captain - tamiesue2
    MissingMinnesota
    balston2010
    Takotorau
    gjspiller
    taurie
    andipandi
    mosneakers
    getnfitn2011
    angelacasey736
    latoyabooker
    lovecola06
    swanny320
    emariec78
    newmrsdec10
    drcarrier
    Mnk777
    MamaMonkey

Team 2 Captain - jbeane75
    Sauchie
    autiemommy
    MAK_01
    gnoccola
    Ejanine
    Yocum1219
    McghanK
    tmjbyrd77
    Hayaa79
    reyna99
    Andee08
    tishaloses
    laurie_powers
    seventysix06
    lalabear88
    j1denham
    lildevil968

First report due to your captain is Sunday July 3rd. You only need to hit 1,500 calories for the first weigh in since there are only 3 days. To make it easy, just friend your captain (if you aren't already). On weigh in night (every Sunday) just let your captain know how many total calories you burned from excercise. We'll compile the data and post it to this thread. Since this weekend is the 4th of July holiday, I'll post the first "weeks" results on Tuesday when I get back into town from vacation.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Jared

PS...good natured trash talking is always welcome. Somebody's going to end up in a swimsuit in 31 days.....will it be you? It won't be me.
  • annie_CA
    annie_CA Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Jbeane75
    You didn't put me on a team :(
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    This sounds like an awesome challenge, but I'm not quite up to burning 3500cal/week. Hopefully you'll do it again so I can join next time. Good luck ladies!