Looking for breakfast ideas not egg/oatmeal related.

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I ate dinner leftovers today, since I was feeling lazy. Roasted chicken breast, cauliflower, plus some cottage cheese and pineapple.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I have 1/3 cup of almonds and some iced coffee for breakfast every weekday.
  • coco095
    coco095 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Fruit, smoothies, toast, English muffins, bagels, tofu scrambled like eggs(which is super good if you add some onion, garlic, and cumin), or cereal. :)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to make quick and easy potatoes for breakfast today. Pretty easy! Cut the potatoes into small cubes and boil them (takes about 10 minutes), drain, add butter (I like 1:10 ratio to the raw weight of the potatoes so 10 grams for every 100 grams potatoes) and mash, then add flour (about 1:5 ratio to the potatoes, so 20 grams for every 100 grams), and some baking powder, salt and garlic powder (if you want) to taste. Sometimes I add caramelized onions or dried tomatoes. What you add is up to you.

Shape all into one or more dough ball, depending how much you are making, then squish or roll into a relatively thin circle that would lay nearly at the bottom of a pan. Prick all over with a fork, transfer to a greased or sprayed already hot pan and cook until golden on both sides.

Sounds more complicated than it is. In reality it doesn't take much effort to prepare.

Lovely with sour cream and some kind of protein. I like it with prosciutto or some kind of cold cut and a fried egg, my sister likes it with smoked salmon.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    A slice of left over pizza ... cold right out of the fridge ... yumm!

PS ... a bowl of last nights stew, whole wheat toast with peanut butter and banana, a sandwich of last nights meatloaf, grilled cheese sandwich with tomato in it. ... anything that rocks your boat is good to go for breakfast!
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Breakfast doesn't have to consist of breakfast-foods. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of traditional breakfast food. Eat what you like. These are some of the things I eat:

Chia Pudding (Make the night before so they can soak)

Belvita (I find them filling and they're easy to grab and go)

Whole Wheat English Muffin w/ Cream Cheese and Ham or Smoked Salmon

Homemade Frozen Breakfast Burritos - You can put whatever you want in these. Mine usually contain scrambled eggs w/ hot sauce, crumbled turkey sausage or ham, mushrooms and cheese. You can put anything in them though.
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I second the poster who recommended getting steel cut oatmeal, that fills me up right up to lunch usually, and they're really low GI so there's no way there should be a peak and crash effect. That's my breakfast 5 days a week - usually with some fresh berries mixed in. My favourite weekend breakfast is sliced avocado, rye bread toast with a tomato salsa on top, or for real luxury breakfast smoked salmon, pumpernickel bagel and cream cheese! Both are great for feeling full up, I've found - although I've been known to add a poached egg to the avocado to up the protein, and that's clearly not what you want!
  • popsicle33
    popsicle33 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I like Wasa multigrain crackers - almost anything can go on them and they are lower calorie than regular bread. Lately, I use about 2 tbsp garden veggie spreadable cream cheese, some baby spinach and a slice or two of low sodium deli turkey (Smithfield is a good brand) - the cracker is very crunchy and grainy and you can barely taste it with all that other yummy stuff on top. You have a little dairy, some protein, some iron and all that grainy stuff. Covers all the bases. Finish off with an apple or other fresh fruit.
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Cold cereal with almond milk (and sometimes a banana), Fage Greek yogurt, peanut butter toast...
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Eat what you eat for any other meal? One of my favorite alternatives is grilled fish and rice with a salad. I should do that more often.
  • popsicle33
    popsicle33 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I also like organic plain, low-fat yogurt mixed with my favorite high fiber, high protein granola and a handful of frozen raspberries. The berries turn everything a happy pink color while they defrost in the cereal!
  • lnculver
    lnculver Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have been eating a half cup organic low fat vanilla yogurt by stoneyfield you can easily do a cup and be low cal still. I add a tblsp Adams natural peanut butter its soooo good! I'm not pregnant either lol just love pb
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Mashed avocado on toast, with a drizzle of sriracha, some tomato slices, and salt and pepper. Sooooooo good.

Today I had 2 servings of Honey Nut Cheerios, a sliced banana, and 1/2 cup unsweetened cashew milk.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    u also dont need to eat breakfast foods for breakfast
  • BrittneyNick23
    BrittneyNick23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My go to has been a whole grain English muffin with avocado spread, a sliced hard boiled egg and a serving of turkey. It makes a nice toasted breakfast sandwich and it's not the normal sweet stuff people think of for breakfast!
  • Adrienneburrows1
    Adrienneburrows1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yoplait yogurt whips, Turkey Bacon and a light cheese wedge
  • krista681
    krista681 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Doesn't have to be breakfast food! Sometimes I'll just have a moose patty or cottage cheese with pears. Some days just a good ol hunk of chicken. I get burnt out on 'breakfast' food. Eat whatever sounds good! Just get some protein in there:)
  • Emijanine
    Emijanine Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I do 3/4 cup plain yogurt, I cup diced celery, 1 cup diced Apple, 1/4 cup walnuts, and 2 Tbsp raisins for a healthy Waldorf salad!
  • jmcfitnesspal1
    jmcfitnesspal1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is not a meal I'm willing to dirty up the kitchen over, so I usually have two pieces of whole wheat toast with 1/2 avocado smashed over it. A little shake of s&p and I'm good to go!