Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pancakes

Options
maygans
maygans Posts: 196 Member
I'm absolutely in love with the vegan chocolate covered katie blog! I was surfing it one night and I came across this recipe: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/05/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-pancakes/

I tweaked it a bit to lower the calorie count and work with what ingredients I had on hand, but ohhhh man I am obsessed now with these pancakes!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pancakes
1/4C all purpose flour
1/4C oats
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of baking soda
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp coconut extract
1/4C+ water (this can go anywhere from 1/4c to 1/4 + 1/8c, you'll have to adjust based on how you want the batter)
1-2 tablespoons of chocolate chips (adjust to taste)

Mix the dry together, then add in the wet and mix together. Heat pan, spray with pam (this is actually more important than you think, these suckers STICK!), cook like normal pancakes. There's nothing in it that's harmful if undercooked so it's not a big deal if you do undercook them...I like them undercooked personally! mmm so gooey!

Approx stats (will vary with ingredients you use, for this it has 2 tablespoons of dark chocolate chips)
Calories: 281
Fat: 6g
Carbs: 54g
Protein: 6g
Makes 3-4 pancakes depending on how large you want them

ALTERNATE RECIPE (That I actually like better!) I was out of chocolate chips (gasp!) so I used some dark cocoa powder instead....ohhh man, I make these things practically every day now!

Brownie Pancakes
1/4c Flour
1/4c Oats
1 TBSP Brown Sugar
1 TSP baking powder
Pinch of baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 TBSP dark cocoa powder
1TSP Vanilla extract
1 TSP Coconut extract
1/4c+ water (1/4c to 1/4 + 1/8, depending on the consistency)

Same way of doing it as before, except these will taste more like brownies than cookie dough...I sometimes add a bit of maple syrup to them after cooking and it gets all gooey and ohhh my god heaven! I also don't cook these all the way through so the inside is uncooked and delicious.

Stats:
Calories: 221
Fat: 2g
Carbs: 48g
Protein: 7g

I kind of want to go make pancakes now.....

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Anything that makes you say Omg heaven, needs to go. They are just too tempting.
    Are you trying to kill us.
  • emmigirl429
    emmigirl429 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    221 calories, I make it a meal. They have oats so they're very filling, and they kick my chocolate craving. You could EASILY halve it and make 1-2 pancakes for 110 calories total. I usually don't add anything to them, the maple syrup was before I realized that I could undercook to get that same texture.
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    wow....totally gonna try these!!!
  • lhuber1105
    lhuber1105 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump--these sound wonderful!!
  • missmomma77
    Options
    bump
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    maygans promised to come over and make me some of these! ^_^
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!
  • bexxw
    bexxw Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    I LOVE her site... Just be careful of that coconut butter.. 186 cals a TB!!! But she does have some great ideas on there.. I posted her red velvet pancakes not to far back on here :D.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I LOVE her site... Just be careful of that coconut butter.. 186 cals a TB!!! But she does have some great ideas on there.. I posted her red velvet pancakes not to far back on here :D.

Maybe I'm just blind - but I don't see any reference to coconut butter in the original post? I see coconut extract, but that's certainly not coconut butter.
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Anything that makes you say Omg heaven, needs to go. They are just too tempting.
    Are you trying to kill us.

Uhhhh, so because we are trying to eat healthier, everything we eat has to taste like cardboard? Sorry, but that is just wrong! I think OMG HEAVEN about all sorts of things... red pears, peppers and hummus, caprese salad... by your standards I should get rid of all these things? Never gonna happen!

OP, I think these look AMAZING and I can't wait to try them! I bet they are great for beating a chocolate craving without making you go overboard. Yum yum!!!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Uhhhh, so because we are trying to eat healthier, everything we eat has to taste like cardboard? Sorry, but that is just wrong! I think OMG HEAVEN about all sorts of things... red pears, peppers and hummus, caprese salad... by your standards I should get rid of all these things? Never gonna happen!

Exactly! ^_^
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options

Maybe I'm just blind - but I don't see any reference to coconut butter in the original post? I see coconut extract, but that's certainly not coconut butter.

@ accountant.. No there is nothing on this recipie about it, but chocolate covered katies site, she makes alot of things with coconut butter.... I was just shocked when I found out how many cals were in it... I wasn't critisizing or anything... Just throwin it out there for general knowledge.... Other than the coconut butter stuff her site is awesome.. And Im totally gonna try these pancakes :D
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later. That brownie variation sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing with us. :)
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    bump
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    On my gotta try list!!
  • RosieGB33nz
    RosieGB33nz Posts: 142
    Options
    Could you add chocolate flavoured protein powder?
  • jo_3
    jo_3 Posts: 7
    Options
    i love all her recipes too!