Fave oatmeal mix-ins?

Emijanine
Emijanine Posts: 158 Member
I usually do PB and strawberries. It's getting old. Need new ideas!

Replies

• Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Just had peanut butter and banana. Sometimes I use chia seeds, coconut, berries, vanilla, seasoning salt, pyure sweetner...fresh peaches, berries, bananas, :smile:
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Apples, cinnamon...
  • TinyTexn59
    TinyTexn59 Posts: 96 Member
    Chia seeds,walnuts and raisins

In summer, fresh peaches and 1/4 cup french vanilla yogurt or raspberries and lemon yogurt or blueberries and french vanilla.

• Emijanine
    These all sound great! Thank you!
  • David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    Tesco do a fruity breakfast sprinkle that I often use - it's various seeds and coconut. Also chia and flax seeds for a fibre boost, prunes, mixed berries or if feeling indulgent - peanut butter cups...!
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Biscoff spread.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Chia seeds, walnuts, strawberries, blueberries and 1/2 banana with almond milk
  • Emijanine
    David_2015 wrote: »
    Tesco do a fruity breakfast sprinkle that I often use - it's various seeds and coconut. Also chia and flax seeds for a fibre boost, prunes, mixed berries or if feeling indulgent - peanut butter cups...!

Lol. PB cups are right up my alley!
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Chia seeds, cinnamon, sliced almonds (toasted), and topped with blueberries.
    Unsweetened almond milk.
  • Emijanine
    cityruss wrote: »
    Biscoff spread.

Yum!! Sounds great!
  • SportySpice30
    SportySpice30 Posts: 1 Member
    Protein powder, PB powder...
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    fig and honey with some walnuts
    dates and honey with some greek yogurt
  • Emijanine
    fig and honey with some walnuts
    dates and honey with some greek yogurt

This sounds amazing !
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    This week it's powdered coconut milk added to the oatmeal as it's cooking. It comes out extra creamy. I am adding raisins, vanilla yogurt and raw sunflower seeds. That's this week.
  • OatmealBowl
    OatmealBowl Posts: 82 Member
    Strawberries, shredded coconut, nut butter
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Chia, cinnamon, applesauce and some molasses. Cooked in almond milk, not water.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    I'm simple with honey or brown sugar and maple syrup. I keep trying to recreate the flavor of Quaker's maple & brown sugar oatmeal, but mine never tastes as good. If I have the calories, sometimes I add milk (this is with hot oatmeal).
  • krmsotherhalf68
    krmsotherhalf68 Posts: 122 Member
    I use all types of add-ins. After all, "variety is the spice of life!". Some of my favs: plain Kefir with ground flax seeds, frozen unsweetened blueberries or black cherries, and cinnamon. YUM! I just read about a restaurant in NYC that specializes in all types of oatmeal flavors. Some of the owners versions are savory rather than sweet. One I think I would consider trying was avocado with a fried egg, and Sriracha. Spicy and healthy too. Haven't done it yet, but maybe during the fall when spicy food coupled with comfort food (oatmeal) makes the cold weather seem a little warmer!
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    It's not healthy but, mini marshmallows and chocolate chips. Haha.
  • Emijanine
    I'm set for like s month with all these new ideas! Thanks everyone!