how do I trim my thighs?

Options
2»

Replies

• angelaclev
    angelaclev Posts: 95
    Options
    Yea my husband works in a diff. state and I go with him in the summer so it is hard to workout and eat healthy when you live in a hotel...lol. but we do a pretty good job.
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Run, run and run.

I've always been heavy through the thighs as well but in the last four months I've dropped nearly 8 inches from EACH thigh, all thanks to running.
  • StrengthCoach0702
    StrengthCoach0702 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Your thighs will not grow unless you are feeding them. If its a matter of getting rid of the last 10 lbs of stubborn weight, and it just so happens to be in your thighs, thats a different story.....first place to gain, last place to lose. I guarantee the latter is not you. Are you logging all of your work outs and food on here?
  • amaczu
    amaczu Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thighs are my problem spot. I've been doing the 30 Day Shred and I'm on Day 10 but I've lost 1.5 inches in my hips and 1 in my waist...and ZERO in my thighs! I'm a pear!
  • carmenstop1
    carmenstop1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Runnng has made a huge difference on my legs! I used a eliptical for years and I got a treadmill in March to help train for a 5k, I couldn't believe how much my thighs slimmed down in a couple of months. I used the c25k program, and it doesn't recommend you run everyday, just 3 days a week and do something else on the other days. I was doing ripped in 30 by Jillian Micheals on the off days! Awesome workout too! Good luck!
  • froggy15
    froggy15 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later!
  • Bodhizephyr
    Options
    Kettlebells and Ballet :-)

If you can't get to ballet go to pilates.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Haha very funny... not... if you dont have a serious answer then dont post... it is rude.

Woa...someone is PMS ing. It was funny
  • ehte_h
    ehte_h Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more
  • angelaclev
    Options
    No, I just wanted a serious answer.
  • angelaclev
    Options
    I just started that program today... it is great... I have always wanted to run in a 5k so in a lil while I should be able to do it.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You can tone them and help them to look better, but....

I have the same problem with huge thighs. That is where I carry all my weight. It is genetic and there is no such thing as spot reduction exercises (besides liposuction, but we are all here on MFP to get healthy the right way, not through plastic surgery). Yes, exercise will help them to be toned, but that is where you carry your weight, and its where I carry mine. That is where my fat always will be even though I ran 7 miles today. Learn to love your curves even as they shrink away.
  • megiemaus
    megiemaus Posts: 3
    Options
    Biking - whether spin class or on an actual bike. I started noticing thinner thighs in a couple of weeks.