New here - Am I the only Brit?

Options
EdensMummy
EdensMummy Posts: 106 Member
Hi everyone

I thought I would introduce myself and say hi and just share my 'story'...though having looked through all the posts I seem to be the only non-American here (not that I mind, of course). Is anyone else from the UK/London etc?

Anyway, doesn't matter.

My story: I was always a slim child, no weight issues until my late teens/early 20's although I wasn't even very big back then (even though I kind of thought I was). I was a UK size 12 although I'm really short so I probably could have done with being a bit slimmer, but I certainly wasn't fat.

I met my now husband in 2002 and when we met I was pretty slim, a really small size 12, bordering on a size 10 and I remember being really happy with my weight. But being in a new relationship had the prediactable effect...lots of dinners out, popcorn at the cinema, take aways...and it just went downhill from there!

We have now been together for 9 years and every year I have gained weight, and I am now a staggering 4 stone heavier than I was when we met! Of course I was younger back then too, but still, I have decided now's the time to change.

I had my daughter a year ago and I'd like to lose weight before having another baby, but mostly I just want to feel and look better! I'm going on holiday to Spain in September with another couple and I can't let them see me in a swimsuit/bikini looking like this!

So good luck to everyone embarking on their weight loss journey here and I hope we can all motivate eachother!

xxx

Replies

• bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Howdy and welcome :)

I am from sheffield, there are loads of us about, normally before lunchtime (ish) the whole site is british.

You have toally come to the right place I need to lose about 4 and a half stone and am 3 stone 4lb in atm

Good luck, feel free to add if you like
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    HI i'm from the uk portsmouth actually. This site is fab. Good luck.
  • EdensMummy
    Options
    3 stone, 4lbs - that's amazing! How have you done it? Any tips would be much appreciated...:smile:
  • SportyLadyPhotographer
    Options
    Hi from scotland
    feel like im the only scotttish person
    good luck x
  • trdy77
    trdy77 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I lived in huntingdon until I was 14 does that count? I consider myself a half brit since my dad is american. But my cousin lives in Leeds (I'm trying to get her to join up). Welcome to the site though, I have never come across so many inspirational and supportive people!
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    hi im in london. there are lots from the uk here.
    feel free to add me if you like.
    good luck with losing your weight
  • danibee79
    danibee79 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome fellow brit!! I'm from Bedford. Add me if u like and we can help each other get fit and look fab :)
  • elliexxbellie
    Options
    Hi I'm from Durham and just starting out. can't wait to see some results!

Good luck on your weight loss journey

Xx
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    3 stone, 4lbs - that's amazing! How have you done it? Any tips would be much appreciated...:smile:

Lots of exercise, the more you workout the more you can eat :D And who doesnt want to eat more.

Water, drink so much you swish when you walk, the weeing does calm down aftera few days.

And I love jillian michaels 30 day shred, buy that if you haven't already, its only 25mins a day and seems to make a massive difference, defo in the arms and belly areas.
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm in Essex and you'll soon find lots of Brits introducing themselves to you. Welcome to the site and good luck with your journey! :smile:
  • CraigIW
    CraigIW Posts: 176
    Options
    Hi from scotland
    feel like im the only scotttish person
    good luck x

Far from it :)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in Hampshire. I think there are a couple of hundred British people here, we are just quieter!
  • EdensMummy
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)

I am kickboxing 2-3 times a week which is great exercise and I'm trying to make sure I go 3 times pw now so that should help.

So nice that there are so many supportive people!
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    Hi im from london good luck on your weight loss journey
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi, welcome and gd luck, im from bristol:smile:
  • ehte_h
    ehte_h Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hello from Cambridge! Hope you're well, feel free to add me. Good luck :)
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Hello from London!

Good luck with you journey :happy:
  • StephanieDJL
    StephanieDJL Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi lovely! I'm another one from the UK, currently in Teesside.
    Good luck with everything! x
  • EdensMummy
    Options
    Okay, so there are loads of Brits here...think I spoke too soon, ha ha ha!!

Good luck everyone! Very excited at the prospect of being a skinny minnie! xx

PS My husband has just walked into the lounge with a half eaten box of Celebrations...I am staying away!!
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am from the Isle of Man. This is a great site. Feel free to add me if you like. A word of advice; take your measurements because the scale doesnt always move which can be disheartening.

Good luck