• chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    sorry no, but good luck :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    1. Don't do it.
    2. Eat 1000 calories less than you burn every day, and move if you can.
    3. Be kind to yourself.
  • vincema01
    vincema01 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I would do some research about it and talk to people that actually had it done so they themselves can give you an idea what to expect , good luck to you if you get this procedure done.
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Check out this guy
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/36729348

Honestly if at all possible I would avoid it.

• lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I had the gastric bypass in 2001. If I had to do it again, I don't know if I would. I had to lose the weight so the doctor would fix my knees so I could be out of pain. For me I lost 70 pounds. I went from 292 to 220. My brother had it also. he started at 450 and got down to 240. We both almost died. Both of my lungs collapsed and I spent 9 days in ICU. He spent a month in the hospital when he sprung a leak. We are both way out from surgery and have experienced regain. I reached my highest weight of 317 pounds, managed to get down to 220 and regained back to 280 and am currently starting over at 265. It is not a piece of cake. You still have the head hunger. It is hard when you want to eat something but your stomach won't let you but your body craves it. I learned to eat around the surgery by grazing also I hadn't gotten rid of my bad habits. I have the pouch but guess what I am still dieting.
    I also ended up with chronic ulcers, bad teeth from vomiting, and other problems with my esophagus.

If you do decide to go through it I hope you have counselling, concentrate on protein first even though for me I can barely tolerate most meats, drink your water, and go to the support meetings.