Aldi's?

Options
If any of you go to Aldi's, what are your favorite items to get there?

Replies

• Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm a fairly minimalist shopper, but I go to Aldi for a lot of my basics.

Baby carrots
    Mushrooms
    Avocado
    Cauliflower
    Fresh green beans
    Brussels sprouts
    Berries
    Kiwi
    Protein snack bars
    Eggs
    Coffee creamer
    String cheese
    Greek yogurt
    Sandwich slims
    Canned beans
    Canned tomatoes
    And whatever else looks good for the week

Thanks so much! Would you say their Greek yogurt is as good/ healthy as Fage which is my favorite? It's just so darn expensive so I am trying to find a cheaper version of Fage...

• Losewtforlife4him
    Options
    I love their Greek yogurt, much cheaper also.

Is their Greek yogurt 0 or 2% and does this have vanilla in it such as artificial flavorings like the Dannon kind? My husband has bought one with the vanilla but I really prefer the natural Greek kind and love the thick consistency of Fage. Would you say this is natural and like Fage if you've ever tried that?
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Options
    scrap wrote: »
    They have several types of yogurt to choose from. Also, their hummus is delicious and much less expensive.

Which one do you like?

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I've only been once as the two Aldi's we have here have only been open a short time. I'm due back to check out more of the store as I only had a short time to look last time. I shop a bit like @dianethegeek and would shop for my basics there as well. I'll have to check out their yogurt and a lot of other things on her list next time I go! ;)
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Options
    I'm a fairly minimalist shopper, but I go to Aldi for a lot of my basics.

Baby carrots
    Mushrooms
    Avocado
    Cauliflower
    Fresh green beans
    Brussels sprouts
    Berries
    Kiwi
    Protein snack bars
    Eggs
    Coffee creamer
    String cheese
    Greek yogurt
    Sandwich slims
    Canned beans
    Canned tomatoes
    And whatever else looks good for the week

Thanks so much! Would you say their Greek yogurt is as good/ healthy as Fage which is my favorite? It's just so darn expensive so I am trying to find a cheaper version of Fage...

I didn't realize there would be a quiz at the end. I should have studied harder! To answer you, though, Fage isn't my preferred brand of Greek yogurt, so I'm the wrong person to ask how they compare.

Lol! No quiz just wondering :smile:

• LisaKay91
    LisaKay91 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon, veggie burgers, green bean crisps, organic light popcorn, mama chia drinks
  • scoii
    scoii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I find that most things are as good as what they're pretending to be. The muller corners and Gu arent as good but still worth it for the savings.

Favourite items, whatever is on their weekly deal, sporting equipment is much better than I imagined for the money, the recent weights and bike stuff are pretty great
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    The best pork chops (besides the one from a local farm) I've ever bought were from Aldi. Besides those, I like their green tea and some of their soups (hit or miss - haven't gotten any for a while, so I don't remember which ones were which.
  • LisaKay91
    LisaKay91 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    They had very beautiful 13oz boneless rib eye steaks for $5 each.. so amazing. So delicious.. so cheap.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I don't get many opportunities to go to Aldis, none really near me, but I like their black bean salsa and their pay for plastic bags policy.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I go periodically. Mainly the basics. Bottled water, some fruits, bags of salad greens and spinach. Spices and other things that catch my eye.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Love aldis. I got regularly for the produce, Coffee creamer, butter, milk, snacks, beans, trash bags, dish soap, cheese, yogurt (I love the greek honey vanilla)... and more....

I like the Belmont desserts and ice cream. And I often like t try various prepared foods like ravioli and chicken tenders. I really like the mama cozi thin crust pizzas.

There really isn't much there I don't like.
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,470 Member
    Options
    Funnily enough I prefer their low fat natural greek style yoghurt to anyone else's! :smile:
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I get almost all of my produce at Aldi. I am just careful of what I get, as sometimes it can be fairly ripe already and if not used quickly some might go to waste. Some of my usual pick ups are pears, apples, blackberries, blueberries, kiwis, strawberries, cucumbers, mini bell peppers, mushrooms, sugar snap peas and grape tomatoes. Compared to even Wal Mart their berry prices are fantastic. I also get my dark chocolate there - 5 bars for $2, and each bar is an individually wrapped portion. They also have some interesting specialty cheeses regularly. We also like the stuffed chicken breasts for an easy meal.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    lalepepper wrote: »
    I get almost all of my produce at Aldi. I am just careful of what I get, as sometimes it can be fairly ripe already and if not used quickly some might go to waste. Some of my usual pick ups are pears, apples, blackberries, blueberries, kiwis, strawberries, cucumbers, mini bell peppers, mushrooms, sugar snap peas and grape tomatoes. Compared to even Wal Mart their berry prices are fantastic. I also get my dark chocolate there - 5 bars for $2, and each bar is an individually wrapped portion. They also have some interesting specialty cheeses regularly. We also like the stuffed chicken breasts for an easy meal.

I love their dark chocolate!

OP raspberries were 49 cents a box there yesterday so check out their 'deals of the day'. I always get their mini ice cream cones ($2 for 8), and their safari chicken nuggets for my kids and their Brie, feta and prosciutto. They sometimes have some very good wines (they currently have a $16 Cabernet that sells for $40 everywhere else)