How I lost 14 pounds in 13 days and I am not hungry.

Options
Thantanos
Thantanos Posts: 45 Member
First let me preface what I am about to say with this. The healthiest weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week.

Most people are not aware of the two Problem Hormones. Leptin and Insulin. Leptin tells you that you are hungry. This usually happens when you are in starvation mode. Insulin tells your body if it should burn fat or not.

I had high Insulin resistance and high leptin levels.

How did I fix this? By fasting. The first thing I did was I ate what I wanted for 4 days. 4 is the magical number of days for the human body. It takes 4 days to enter Ketosis, it takes 4 days to enter Starvation mode and it takes 4 days to reset your Leptin levels.

Then I fasted 1 day. The next day I ate what I wanted. Then I fasted 2 days. The next day I ate what I wanted. Then I fasted 3 days. Then I ate what I wanted. I noticed on my second fast I was no longer hungry. I have NOT been hungry since. Now I maintain by doing 2-3 days of fasting followed by eating what my body craves.

The best diet that goes along with fasting is the Low Carb, High Fat diet. I also take vitamins and supplements on my feed days to make sure my body is getting its proper nutrition. I take 4000 IU of D3, Fish oil (1600 EPA, 800 DHA), 500 mg of Magnesium, 500 mg of Green Tea, 1000 mg of BCAA's and a Vitamin k2 supplement. I also take Men's One Rainbow light multi vitamin.

On average you can expect to lose 0.57 of a pound per 24 hours of fasting. I am obviously over weight which is why my loss was more substantial.

Fasting is NOT starvation mode. These are two very different modes. When you starve your body eats your muscle and depletes your bones. When you fast your body eats fat. Did you know that your body only burns two sources of energy? Either glucose or fat.

I learned all of this from Dr. Jason Fung. You can read all about it on his Blog "Intensive Dietary Management".

Here is a list of the best resources for you on Diet, vitamin's and fasting.
https://www.reddit.com/r/BibleUnbiased/comments/4nhgw6/videos_and_blogs_that_could_very_well_save_your/

I wish you the very best of luck. I will answer any of your questions. As always consult your Dr before changing your diet. When I say fasting I ONLY drink water during a 24 hour fast.

Replies

• ChelseaHeights
    ChelseaHeights Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    4 is the magic number!!!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    You said starvation mode!! LOL
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You said starvation mode!! LOL

And then Dr. Fung
  • Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    /wave hand in a mysterious manner

"There is no such thing as starvation mode."

But congrats on your weightloss so far! My preference is calorie in and calorie out and my weight is coming off faster than a dress in "Game of Thrones." But everyone has their preferences :)

Just remember....at first, some of that weight is water. Keep up the good work.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Thantanos wrote: »
    First let me preface what I am about to say with this. The healthiest weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week.

Most people are not aware of the two Problem Hormones. Leptin and Insulin. Leptin tells you that you are hungry. This usually happens when you are in starvation mode. Insulin tells your body if it should burn fat or not.

I had high Insulin resistance and high leptin levels.

How did I fix this? By fasting. The first thing I did was I ate what I wanted for 4 days. 4 is the magical number of days for the human body. It takes 4 days to enter Ketosis, it takes 4 days to enter Starvation mode and it takes 4 days to reset your Leptin levels.

Then I fasted 1 day. The next day I ate what I wanted. Then I fasted 2 days. The next day I ate what I wanted. Then I fasted 3 days. Then I ate what I wanted. I noticed on my second fast I was no longer hungry. I have NOT been hungry since. Now I maintain by doing 2-3 days of fasting followed by eating what my body craves.

The best diet that goes along with fasting is the Low Carb, High Fat diet. I also take vitamins and supplements on my feed days to make sure my body is getting its proper nutrition. I take 4000 IU of D3, Fish oil (1600 EPA, 800 DHA), 500 mg of Magnesium, 500 mg of Green Tea, 1000 mg of BCAA's and a Vitamin k2 supplement. I also take Men's One Rainbow light multi vitamin.

On average you can expect to lose 0.57 of a pound per 24 hours of fasting. I am obviously over weight which is why my loss was more substantial.

Fasting is NOT starvation mode. These are two very different modes. When you starve your body eats your muscle and depletes your bones. When you fast your body eats fat. Did you know that your body only burns two sources of energy? Either glucose or fat.

I learned all of this from Dr. Jason Fung. You can read all about it on his Blog "Intensive Dietary Management".

Here is a list of the best resources for you on Diet, vitamin's and fasting.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BibleUnbiased/comments/4nhgw6/videos_and_blogs_that_could_very_well_save_your/

I wish you the very best of luck. I will answer any of your questions. As always consult your Dr before changing your diet. When I say fasting I ONLY drink water during a 24 hour fast.

so much bull in this post. and as for entering keto 4 days isnt for everyone! and if you are going a day without eating you are starving yourself. even if it is a day,or two or whatever.it takes a lot longer to enter true starvation (if you arent eating at all)mode but you can still starve your body. oh and the weight you lose per day is mostly water weight at first and green tea supplements do NOTHING.proper nutrition comes from food and not vitamins those are to SUPPLEMENT your nutrition not be the sold source of it.
  • brianmrutledge
    brianmrutledge Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ketosis is a very dangerous road to go down if you don't do it with a doctor's guidance. It's a very jarring process for the human body.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Ketosis is a very dangerous road to go down if you don't do it with a doctor's guidance. It's a very jarring process for the human body.

you will be asked to back up this claim in 3.......2.........1........
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options

[Citation needed]
  • RredSonja
    RredSonja Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Well. If it works it works. I have read Fung and a few others, and discussed with my doc, and am currently on a low carb high fat diet, using intermittent daily fasting, and weekly full day and recently a two day fast. My energy is good, my doctor is pleased, my bloodwork is excellent so far and continuing to improve. But the truly lovely part is that my appetite is reasonable, I have no cravings at all, and I am fully satisfied while staying within my calories. It's a huge relief, to not be jonesing for food and simple carbs all the time.
  • Joechmartin
    Joechmartin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There's a 5/2 diet. Eat normal calories for maintenance 5 days a week. And eat 500 calories/ fast 2 days. This diet works great to get started and even better if you can sustain it!
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Well, leptin makes you feel full, not hungry (ghrelin makes you feel hungry), so there's that...
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    hkw923g7yjtm.jpg

A pound a day! Holy cow..

I need another cup of coffee and be grateful that I can loose 14 pounds of water in 13 days due to the MAGIC 4!
  • Thantanos
    Options
    There's a 5/2 diet. Eat normal calories for maintenance 5 days a week. And eat 500 calories/ fast 2 days. This diet works great to get started and even better if you can sustain it!

I will switch to the 5 2 diet later. Right now it does not work because my Insulin Resistance is too high. So I had to fast.
  • Thantanos
    edited June 2016
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    hkw923g7yjtm.jpg

A pound a day! Holy cow..

I need another cup of coffee and be grateful that I can loose 14 pounds of water in 13 days due to the MAGIC 4!

I never said losing that much weight was healthy.
    It simply is my bodies response to fasting.
    In fact I said the average weight loss per day of fasting is 0.57 pounds per day.
    So it is possible I only lost 4 to 6 pounds of fat in two weeks.
    If you have magical control over your body it must be nice, but personally I cannot make mine lose the "correct" amount on demand. If it loses it loses what it decides lol.

But I did loose two inches from my waist and hips.

Long story short I found a way that works for me.
    It works for others too.
  • Thantanos
    Options
    ekat120 wrote: »
    Well, leptin makes you feel full, not hungry (ghrelin makes you feel hungry), so there's that...

It appears you are correct. I was going off of miss information from my doctor ... great.
    Thank you.
  • Thantanos
    Options
    [/quote]so much bull in this post. and as for entering keto 4 days isnt for everyone! and if you are going a day without eating you are starving yourself. even if it is a day,or two or whatever.it takes a lot longer to enter true starvation (if you arent eating at all)mode but you can still starve your body. oh and the weight you lose per day is mostly water weight at first and green tea supplements do NOTHING.proper nutrition comes from food and not vitamins those are to SUPPLEMENT your nutrition not be the sold source of it.[/quote]

Green tea has a slight toxic affect which promotes the strengthening of the immune system.
    Not eating is not starvation mode.
    Did you know there is a guy who went 382 days without eating?
    Guess what he did not starve and he walked out of the hospital at 180 pounds.

Look up Dr. Jason Fung's blog. You will find a lot of human research studies to verify these things.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!