Do you have a favorite quote?

Options
124»

Replies

• CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    "I'm not gonna miss out on something that could be great just cause it might also be hard." --Listen To Your Heart …

*Why fit in when you were born to stand out?" --Dr. Seuss

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game

Almost put that one up earlier today! hahah
    But here is one that I have been thinking about a lot lately:

"Don't let making a living prevent you from making a life." ~ John Wooden
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    "Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family, in another city."
    - George Burns
  • TromaRon
    Options
    "Pray to God, but row away from the rocks."
    - Hunter S. Thompson
  • TromaRon
    Options
    "Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt."
    - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse-Five
  • beckyann858
    beckyann858 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Happiness is a butterfly, which, when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.---Nathaniel Hawthorne
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not. Andre Gide (I think....)

Monty Python & the Holy Grail:

King Arthur: [after Arthur's cut off both of the Black Knight's arms] Look, you stupid *kitten*. You've got no arms left.
    Black Knight: Yes I have.
    King Arthur: *Look*!
    Black Knight: It's just a flesh wound.
  • sarahrobin
    sarahrobin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Put it on my tab. - Dan in Real Life

She's so hot she's making me sexist...B***h!. - Bret from Flight of the Conchords

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. - Oscar Wilde

Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else. - Judy Garland

One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time. - Andre Gide

Age is not important unless you're a cheese. -Helen Hays
  • Talako
    Talako Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before. - Mae West
  • Pierced
    Pierced Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    "The tongue weighs just a few ounces, yet few are strong enough to hold it". (love this one)

"Wake up your ability"
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them.
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    "Today you are you, that is truer than true; no one alive is you-er than you."
    “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I've got four that I personally love. :smile:

"In God we trust, all others we run through NCIC."

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God" Matthew 5:9

"No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn." Isaiah 54:17

"I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me." Isaiah 6:8
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Wanted to add this one too "Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood."~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Commitment doesn't take a vacation
  • librabubbles
    Options
    "The only normal people are the ones you don't know."
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    "Youre not fooling anyone Bender..the next screw thats falls out is gonna be you!"--The breakfast club

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it--Ferris Bueller's day off
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    "Do or do not, there is not try!" Yoda
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    "Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."
    Earl Nightingale
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Fave philosophical: "Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics. You are all stardust. You couldn’t be here if stars hadn’t exploded. Because the elements, the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution weren’t created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars. And the only way they could get into your body is if the stars were kind enough to explode. So forget Jesus. The stars died so you could be here today." ~ Carl Sagan

I believe that is a Lawrence Krauss quote from his lecture 'A universe from nothing'.

Yes, that's a Lawrence Krauss quote. I LOVE this one too :)