Size 20 to size 2! 145 lbs GONE!

Options
vixtris
vixtris Posts: 688 Member
When I started my weight loss journey using MFP, I viewed the success stories forum almost every day. I couldn’t wait to post my own success story the moment I hit my goal weight. It’s been about 3 months since then. What was I waiting for?

itErM9x.png
Here I am in 2009. This isn’t me when I initially started, but it is me at my heaviest weight, approximately 250 lbs at 5’4” size 20 pants/2XL shirts.

I started my journey In January 2015 at 200 lbs. I lost the first 50 lbs over a long period of time unintentionally by eating less. I began by counting my calories using the diary. I didn’t have a food scale when I started, but I quickly got one soon after. I set a target of no more than 1,400 calories a day, but most days would typically be about 1,200-1,300. At this point, I hadn’t made much change to my diet. I was eating frozen, pre-cooked/processed foods, little vegetables, non-diet soda, etc. I started partaking in light exercise. I already owned an elliptical, so I used that for about 15 minutes every day. I did not take many break days, because I was afraid a break would put me out of the swing of things. I also did some walking around the neighborhood a few days a week, and introduced light lifting 2-3 times a week about a month into it.

6FHpkE5.png
Here I am on July 2nd 2015, 6 months into my weight loss journey. I had lost 30 lbs since the beginning of the year at this point (170 lbs, 5’4”). I was still on track with eating approximately 1,300 calories a day, but by this time I had purchased a new elliptical with an incline (which I love dearly and still use to this day) and increased the workout time to 60 minutes, while still lifting and walking regularly.

wPsg1nE.jpg
This is me on October 30th, 2015, almost 10 months into my journey and down 55 lbs (145 lbs, 5’4”). By this time, I had increased my exercise time to 90 minutes, with lifting and walking regularly throughout the week. I worked very hard and was very determined to get to my goal.

osG9vZb.jpg
Me on December 27th, 2015, 75 lbs from the beginning of the year (125 lbs, 5’4”). I admit that by this point I was obsessed with hitting my goal and was exercising on my elliptical for 180 minutes every day, running a half marathon each time. I was eating about 1,300-1,500 calories a day, and lifting about once a week.

It was March 2016 when I finally hit my final goal weight of 105 lbs, approximately 145 lbs lost from my highest weight, 95 lbs lost from January 2015 when I started with MFP. And here I am now…

SLoCUa4.jpg
QJveCDS.jpg
B7ENeFT.jpg
UcuUmBL.jpg
AD7bmzD.jpg
h8ZMNUC.jpg

So why was I waiting so long to make this success story post? In the first picture, I was at a botanical garden with my husband and mother. Just this past weekend we went back to that garden because I wanted to retake these photos for a proper before and after comparison.

Now my maintenance calorie goal is about 1,500 without exercise factored in (so about 1,900-2,000 calories daily to maintain). I exercise 5-6 times a week using my elliptical for an hour. Sometimes I do bike riding, jogging, walking, swimming, and gym time at my university, and I am still lifting regularly, about 2 times a week. My diet is much cleaner than it was when I started. Now my diet consists mostly of unprocessed meats, whole grains, and lots of fruits and vegetables. I do, however, drink diet soda, some pre-packaged snacks and treats (but I try to go for the more ‘healthy’ ones - Triscuits are one of my favorites) and go out to eat about 2-3 times a month (be it fast food or restaurant). I have been learning more at-home cooking, where I can control the calorie amount and still have a great tasting meal, so going out to eat has actually became less appetizing for me anyway.

To wrap things up here, I’d just like to add that losing weight was the most challenging thing I’ve ever done. It took serious commitment, dedication, and especially discipline over all. It was hard to lace up my shoes every day and workout, even when I didn’t want to. It wasn’t easy declining the free doughnuts and pizza offered to me plenty of times at work. But I was rewarded in the end. I couldn’t be happier and more proud of myself for following through. It is a life changer. It has changed me in more aspects than just my size and weight, it has introduced me to a new way of living and enjoying life. Thanks for reading my story!

Replies

• lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!!
    You look great
  • SashEdwards
    SashEdwards Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow, absolutely incredible. Congratulations!
  • kelxx
    kelxx Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well done you !!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful and that maxi skirt crop top you're rocking in one of your current photos- love. I'm recreating that somehow!
  • Kjo9111
    Kjo9111 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow, Congratulations! You look really good!! Thank you for sharing your your post! It encourages me to keep going and I can achieve my goal! I know I'm only on day 8, but I've done "diets" before and they worked for a little while, or I'd start one and then it would just go down hill from there. Again, I just want to say thank you and I know that I can do this, I just can't fall like the last times.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! So inspiring and you look wonderful! Congrats!
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Awesome Congrats on your transformation! You look great!
  • bvttercvp
    bvttercvp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    GREAT job! <3
  • Hyperbum
    Hyperbum Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and your style is awesome!
  • silvestrea
    silvestrea Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thanks for sharing!
  • Snicolej
    Snicolej Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Beautiful story and congratulations !
  • JowitaGarstecka
    JowitaGarstecka Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Super cool!!!! Can't wait do get there my self :)))) well done!! :)
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Awesome. You look great! I'm 5'4" as well and never thought about going as low as you did but hey, you never know. Great job and great inspiration! Thank you for sharing!
  • LF4184
    LF4184 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am just starting out and this has really inspired me! Well done, you look amazing
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    You look great. Congratulations on your successful weight loss.
  • franklin505
    franklin505 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You really do look healthy, well done for all your dedication and hard work
  • hardyjessicag
    hardyjessicag Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! And your legs are BEAST, I am so jealous! I would wear skirts and shorts pretty much everyday if I had those legs!

Congrats on your hard work! It's very impressive that you were able to change your diet and level of activity so radically AND maintain it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!