DC or Marvel?

Options
otterbx
otterbx Posts: 24 Member
Come on nerds and geeks, feel fee to sound off.

I grew up loving the DC universe but liked X-Men and Spider-Man. Marvel is certainly doing better at the box office it seems. Hoping the Justice League movie can turn that around but I'm not holding my breath.

Replies

• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,885 Member
    Options
    DC only because of Batman and Sandman. They just seem more dark and gritty compared to Marvel. DC movies are horrible and nobody can do them justice (heh) as of late. Yeah, Fingers crossed Suicide Squad turns out to be the redeemer. Wonder Woman could have potential (Only good thing about BvS).
  • otterbx
    otterbx Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Agree on DC/Batman. Christian Bale's version is the one bright spot. Enjoyed Wonder Woman but I think BVS underutilized her...she could have added a lot more.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    DC from the few comics I've read

As for movies, Avengers 2 was the last straw. I'm sick of it all. I'm watching Dr. Strange for the actors and Suicide Squad for a friend.
  • Solversion
    Solversion Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Marvel. Granted DC has more interesting worlds and backgrounds, but I feel like Marvel has pretty solid characters. Especially in cinema.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    DC always DC

marvel is so boring
  • Juandedios0909
    Juandedios0909 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Dc comics/cartoon but marvel movies
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Big changes afoot Film Wise, I think.
    We're A.D. now - After Deadpool.
    I think that's a game changer.

Comic wise Marvel has some pretty epic stuff, Old Man Logan, Kraven's Last Hunt etc. But it's gonna be tough for anything to match up to Killing Joke or Red Son.

TV Wise - DareDevil. D'Onofrio and Beranthal were immense.
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I didn't mind BvS, intact I quite enjoyed it. Nothing will beat the Heath ledger and Bale combo though.

Dead pool is awsome. I agree with the above and think this is a game changer.

Regarding Marvel TV shows I really enjoyed marvels Dare Devil and Jessica Jones as they're more on the dark side than programmes such as agents of shield.

For DC series it's the same type of scenario, I love Gotham but the flash and legends of tomorrow are too light hearted
  • BklynFitGuy
    BklynFitGuy Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    DC definitely has the better characters. However their universe is convoluted with the multiple Earths and reboots.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Options
    Marvel, DC is lame
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Can we be a fan of both? I know I am.
  • guitarrckr
    guitarrckr Posts: 1,717 Member
    Options
    Marvel, all the way, only thing DC has is Harley Quinn! lol
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    +1 for Marvel.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I like both. I have always read more DC comics and watched most of the animated movies. I didn't use to watch Spiderman and X-Men cartoons. I have only read a few comics of Marvel though. I just get more into the DC comics. I also have really enjoyed the Marvel movies a lot more than DC. The DC movies have been kind of disappointing.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Options
    DC only has batman and superman, Marvel is the tits
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I like DC comics and their animated stuff better. The characters are generally more mature.
    Marvel's movies are fine.

I read plenty of both though, and enjoy them. It's just that sometimes the relentless teenage-drama vibes of say, the X-Men, can get to be a bit much.

But, it varies by era/writer anyhow, so it's tough to generalize. The same staff usually work for both companies at some point.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    DC... they're really *kitten* up lately though

They don't know how to Marvel
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    DC... they're really *kitten* up lately though

They don't know how to Marvel

+1
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    actually having a movie with the word "Suicide" in it, in 2016, with all the crybabies out there on twitter- it takes guts. i hope its awesome.

I'm genunely confused why this takes guts?