5'1'', 40-50lbs to lose/lost. Looking for people with similar stats.

Options
Jpat0
Jpat0 Posts: 201 Member
I just recently found out I'm 5'1''. My driver's licence said 160cm (5'3''), so I just believed that to be my height. However, I recently got a physical and found out I'm actually 155cm lol. 2 inches can make a big difference in terms of looks.

CW: 159lbs
GW: 115lbs
HW: 180+lbs

You can post your success stories or your progress. I weigh myself every Thursday, exercise 6 days/week and am quite strict with my diet. Feel free to add me if you think we're compatible :smile:

Replies

• AmandaIsherwood3
    AmandaIsherwood3 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Jpat0 wrote: »
    I just recently found out I'm 5'1''. My driver's licence said 160cm (5'3''), so I just believed that to be my height. However, I recently got a physical and found out I'm actually 155cm lol. 2 inches can make a big difference in terms of looks.

You can post your success stories or your progress. I weigh myself every Thursday, exercise 6 days/week and am quite strict with my diet. Feel free to add me if you think we're compatible :smile:

Hi I'm 5ft
    SW:193lb Jan 2016. Although at my heaviest I was 245lb a few years back.
    CW:178lb
    GW:140lb
    I weigh myself on a Friday. Good luck on your journey xxxx
  • navychickpensfan
    navychickpensfan Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Our stats are almost exact!

CW: 158 lbs
    GW: 115 lbs
    HW: 170 lbs

What is your average daily calorie intake. I am having trouble with the scale moving!
  • mpkanewske
    mpkanewske Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am in a very similar situation!!

I am 5ft tall and am currently at my heaviest of 195lbs. My goal weight is 120lbs and my short term goal is to lose 10 pounds before my wedding on August 13th :)

Good luck and congratulations!
  • Alarae21
    Alarae21 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3. My initial goal was 147 ( the weight I first met my fiancé) but that's still not a healthy BMI so I'm aiming for an initial goal of 135. I'll evaluate from there :)

SW: 178
    CW: 146
    GW: 135 (the evaluate from there)

Ive never been a healthy weight, so I'm looking forward to it!
  • crawfishgirl333
    crawfishgirl333 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5 ft 1 inches
    SW 191
    CW 185
    HW 195
    Think there's 20 days I'm here still hanging on.
    My goal is 150
  • BodyrockerUSA
    BodyrockerUSA Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm going to join in here because my stats are very similar to all of yours:

I am 5'2-ish and I weighed 120ish my whole adult life but over the last two years I gained weight. Now I am my heaviest weight ever: 150 pounds. My goal is to drop back down to 125-130.....so about 20-25 pounds. Did I mention I have the added incentive of my wedding being September 8, 2017?!

Good luck everyone. Can't wait to see everyone's progress!
  • jlyndach
    jlyndach Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5 ft 1 inches
    SW 191
    CW 185
    HW 195
    My goal is 150

We are very similar in weight
    I am 5'4"
    SW 191
    CW 189
    HW 196
  • TswvNplooj
    TswvNplooj Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi almost same boat. 5'0" here started at 172 on 4/28. CW 150, goal 110
  • Karihappy
    Karihappy Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 53 years old, 5'1". And I can relate, as I always thought I was 5'2", but I recently found out I'm only 5'1". :(

CW: 158.7lbs
    GW: 136 (first goal) 115 (ultimate goal)
    HW: 201

I started last July 27th. The weight has been coming off sooOOOOo slow, but I have to keep reminding myself that I'm so much better off than where I was! I'm at 1200 calories, but I eat back all my exercise calories.

5229779.png
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 39 years old. Most of my life I've been around 110lbs. Four years ago I gained massive weight because I was drinking too much alcohol. I decided that I needed to improve my lifestyle in several areas so I stopped drinking and started counting calories.

CW: 115lbs
    GW: 105lbs - 110lbs
    HW/SW: 115lbs

I found that tying to lose 2lbs a week was impossible because I would have to eat less than 1000 calories and cannot do that and get my required nutrition. I also found that 1.5lbs was to aggressive as well, and aimed for a weekly goal of 1lbs for the first 20lbs. After that I had to aim for a .5lbs loss a week until I got around 120lbs - 125lbs, and had to further reduce my deficit to 250 calories a week. I also had to exercise which I did by walking at least an hour a night. I've been maintaining for a little while now and generally eat between 1400 calories to 2000 calories. I'll probably start back up in the next month or so to get to goal. I plan on keeping a 250 cal deficit and increase my exercise. When I get to my goal I want to start working on increasing muscle and will start eating over maintenance and doing heavy lifting. When everything is said and done I am hoping to weigh around 120lbs, if I can gain that much muscle.

Good luck OP!
  • Jpat0
    Options

Hi I'm 5ft
    SW:193lb Jan 2016. Although at my heaviest I was 245lb a few years back.
    CW:178lb
    GW:140lb
    I weigh myself on a Friday. Good luck on your journey xxxx

Good luck on yours as well :)
  • Jpat0
    Options
    Our stats are almost exact!

CW: 158 lbs
    GW: 115 lbs
    HW: 170 lbs

What is your average daily calorie intake. I am having trouble with the scale moving!

I eat anywhere between 1000 - 1200 calories a day. If I eat anymore than that, I don't burn enough to have any significant weight loss. On average, I burn anywhere from 500 - 800 calories a day.
  • Jpat0
    Options
    I am in a very similar situation!!

I am 5ft tall and am currently at my heaviest of 195lbs. My goal weight is 120lbs and my short term goal is to lose 10 pounds before my wedding on August 13th :)

You can do it! Congratulations on your wedding :)
  • Jpat0
    Options
    Alarae21 wrote: »
    I am 5'3. My initial goal was 147 ( the weight I first met my fiancé) but that's still not a healthy BMI so I'm aiming for an initial goal of 135. I'll evaluate from there :)

I used to be a healthy weight when I was in middle school but I was never the ideal weight for my height. Lowest I've ever been as an adult was 145lbs. I'm also looking forward to how I'll look at 115lbs! I'm very excited :)
  • Jpat0
    Options
    Hi I'm 5 ft 1 inches
    SW 191
    CW 185
    HW 195
    My goal is 150

Keep your streak going! My longest streak was 250 days but I broke it for a few months. Once you lose the momentum, it's hard to get back into it. Stay focused, have a goal in mind and push through. You can do it! I have 115lbs on my mind and I'm not looking back anymore!
  • Jpat0
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm going to join in here because my stats are very similar to all of yours:

I am 5'2-ish and I weighed 120ish my whole adult life but over the last two years I gained weight. Now I am my heaviest weight ever: 150 pounds. My goal is to drop back down to 125-130.....so about 20-25 pounds. Did I mention I have the added incentive of my wedding being September 8, 2017?!

Good luck everyone. Can't wait to see everyone's progress!

Congratulations on your wedding! You can do it :) Wish you the best.
  • Jpat0
    Options
    GaoleeYaj wrote: »
    Hi almost same boat. 5'0" here started at 172 on 4/28. CW 150, goal 110

Awesome job on the weight loss. Hope you reach your goal weight soon :)
  • Alarae21
    Alarae21 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Alarae21 wrote: »

I used to be a healthy weight when I was in middle school but I was never the ideal weight for my height. Lowest I've ever been as an adult was 145lbs. I'm also looking forward to how I'll look at 115lbs! I'm very excited :)

The last time I was a healthy weight was probably when I was 9 and going to dance classes :(

Two years later my parents divorced and I spent weekends with my dad. We used to have 'sneaky McDonalds' in the car park. Started off with a cheeseburger, then a double until it became a full meal! Just got fatter and fatter and never been healthy. I've never been grossly overweight looking as I can just about pull it off with my larger frame, although my highest weight of 178 was pushing it.

I'm five pounds away from a healthy BMI and I know it isn't the most reliable thing, but to be 'healthy' for once by some standard will be amazing.

I've actually bought a bikini today to wear on my honeymoon in August and I don't look half bad! My thighs are still wibbly but the fact I even bought it was amazing!

I wish I started this journey so long ago. I've been ashamed of my body for far too long.
  • Jpat0
    Options
    Karihappy wrote: »
    Hi. I'm 53 years old, 5'1". And I can relate, as I always thought I was 5'2", but I recently found out I'm only 5'1". :(

CW: 158.7lbs
    GW: 136 (first goal) 115 (ultimate goal)
    HW: 201

I started last July 27th. The weight has been coming off sooOOOOo slow, but I have to keep reminding myself that I'm so much better off than where I was! I'm at 1200 calories, but I eat back all my exercise calories.

5229779.png

You lost a lot of weight in a year! Slow is better than maintenance. Do you know why you end up eating your burned calories back? I know that when I didn't plan my entire day's meal plan, I unsuccessful. If you need any pointers with your diet, feel free to pm me. Food control comes first before any exercise. Hope we both reach 115lbs :)