Abs are made in the kitchen

Options

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Jaelyn90 wrote: »
    It's unfortunate how narrow minded people can be. I'm a bikini competitor and I don't eat these things "occasionally." There was zero pump in the second picture. If anything I was flat and lacking water. Both were taken on an empty stomach. Little tweaks each week in my prep DO make a huge difference clearly because you can see it.

Like the fact that the lighting is entirely different...

Look good regardless.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »
    But thank you for belittling the hard work and strict dieting I've done for the past 5 months to get to where I am now.

Considering nobody has done that, in the slightest, I'm not sure what the issue is.

Absolutely you've worked hard. That much is obvious. You had three additional weeks of dieting and hard work. As such, a small difference shows, in addition to a different stance, which affects your look.

All this. I will mention that change in posture, lighting, clothing, and one while working out can make you look quite different. I look about 10lbs heavier and more ripped at the end of a workout than before the workout, due to the pump. If you didn't have a pump on, it looks like you are flexing more than pic one.

that said, you look amazing in both pics... what it comes down to is that you cannot compare your change in that amount of time based on those two pics that were taken under very different circumstances, that is all people are saying. Keep up the hard work!
    But thank you for belittling the hard work and strict dieting I've done for the past 5 months to get to where I am now.

I think what people are saying is that by just adding Himalayan pink salt and zucchini and asparagus are not going to magically change your body.

What has changed your body is all the work you have put it (over the 5 months) and your continued strict diet. Losing 2.6 lbs will make anyone look slimmer. Congrats as I'm sure the last 3 weeks may have been a struggle, but you kept going and that is awesome

Exactly.

I wasn't belittling anything. It's clear even in you "before" picture that you've put a LOT of work into yourself.
    Giving the credit to your hard work and determination rather than the salt and asparagus is hardly belittling. Neither is pointing out the simple fact that the first pic has worse lighting than the second, you appear to be holding less water in the second (which gives an appearance of being more ripped/pumped) and it looks like the second is post or intra-workout which lends to pumped up muscles and a leaner look (if you're not pumped, your flexing more because you're shoulders are popping big time compared to the first pic).

Again, none of that is belittling. Just saying that comparison between the two pictures doesn't really reflect reality given all the differences (especially the lighting and pose).

Great work. You're in excellent shape and you've earned it.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    However you did it, good work, OP! Be proud of all that hard work! You look amazing!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    So you took two pictures in a totally different lightning and posture. Congrats?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I think you look awesome in both pictures. But like everyone else is saying, you look like that due to pure hard physical work on your part, not because of salt or asparagus.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. That is all. :smile:
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Reducing carbs, not being fluffy from holding water, bad or good lighting and perhaps a flex in picture 2 will do it. IT looks there is some flexing of the abs in picture 2.. nothing wrong that.. Just saying the posture is different than picture 1..

But anywhoooooo stose abs were made with a boat load of hard work and yes dietary structure for sure...!
  • Jaelyn90
    Jaelyn90 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wetcoaster wrote: »
    The problem is you might fool people into thinking Himalayan salt is something special.

I personally do think it has benefits. But that's just my opinion

• fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    The problem is you might fool people into thinking Himalayan salt is something special.

while it may have nutritional benefites depending on who you ask.. it will do nothing for creating/reducing fat to show abs. If that was the case everyone would be munching on it like poprocks. You look the way you look due to hard work and dedictation to you fitness and diet. Regardless of lighting and difference in photos you clearly worked hard and no one is saying otherwise. HOWEVER it can be dangerous to post pictures of your insanly amazing abs and saunit was due to salt and some veggies. People who are desperate to get in shape/lose weight could get the wrong message and be eating a bottle of that salt a day.
  • Jaelyn90
    Jaelyn90 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »

while it may have nutritional benefites depending on who you ask.. it will do nothing for creating/reducing fat to show abs. If that was the case everyone would be munching on it like poprocks. You look the way you look due to hard work and dedictation to you fitness and diet. Regardless of lighting and difference in photos you clearly worked hard and no one is saying otherwise. HOWEVER it can be dangerous to post pictures of your insanly amazing abs and saunit was due to salt and some veggies. People who are desperate to get in shape/lose weight could get the wrong message and be eating a bottle of that salt a day.

I stated previously that I was on a strict diet for 5 months and that was simply the changes in my diet in the last two weeks between those pictures when preparing for a show, along with a minor carb decrease. By no means did I mean that Salk and green veggies give you abs lol
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

I stated previously that I was on a strict diet for 5 months and that was simply the changes in my diet in the last two weeks between those pictures when preparing for a show, along with a minor carb decrease. By no means did I mean that Salk and green veggies give you abs lol

Do you have a theory on why the salt and veggies helped?
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options

People who are desperate to get in shape/lose weight could get the wrong message and be eating a bottle of that salt a day.

And sadly...people will do that. Everybody is looking for the quick fix, and just like they'll sign up for the cabbage soup diet, they'll start ingesting salt....completely overlooking all the time and work one has to commit to in order to get that physique.