Weight Loss Coffee

2»

Replies

• DawnJanette
    DawnJanette Posts: 36 Member
    No idea what MLM is sorry. This totally works for me as it helps my cravings and suppresses my appetite - if ordinary coffee does that then I will try it.

For the record, I have been 'dieting' for years and did nothing different this time except had the coffee.

Didn't expect you all to be so cruel, but hey ho, I'm really impressed with it and just wanted to share my excitement with you.

I wish you all luck

• Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    weight loss coffee? never heard of it. It's all about exercising and eating sensibly, most people look for a magic pill, and gain the weight back once they stop with the magic pill then they wonder why. They learned nothing from it.
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Dawniej58 wrote: »
    No idea what MLM is sorry. This totally works for me as it helps my cravings and suppresses my appetite - if ordinary coffee does that then I will try it.

For the record, I have been 'dieting' for years and did nothing different this time except had the coffee.

Didn't expect you all to be so cruel, but hey ho, I'm really impressed with it and just wanted to share my excitement with you.

I wish you all luck

Cynical yes.....cruel no.
  • DawnJanette
    DawnJanette Posts: 36 Member
    It's also not nice to make fun of someone.....

I'm human and still have feelings!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Wait, regular coffee is basically 0 calories... How does it get more "diet" than that?

It got the Dr Oz treatment:

Ingredients
    Non GMO Dark Roast Coffee, Chlorogenic Acid, Garcinia Cambogia 95%,Phaseolamin, Cassiolamine Green Tea 100:1 Extract, Ginseng 100:1 Extract, L-Carnitine with Chromium.
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    edited June 2016

Yeah, people can be jerks, intentionally or not. "People suck" didn't spring from nowhere. I learned long ago that joining in the reindeer games is over-rated.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    edited June 2016
    you have my curiosity peaked so I checked. It has Garcinia Cambogia in it. I tried Garcinia in the pill form and it messed with my bms. It's the Garcinia Cambogia not the coffee itself.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Where was anyone making fun of you?
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member

We are attacking the product. It's a scam. If there is anything special about this coffee, like an added ingredient, it's probably not safe.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited June 2016

I wish you all luck

No, people here know that because of science, weight loss coffee isn't going to work.
    Science. Not cruelty. Science. No one was making fun of you. The product is a proven scam. Just research that product and scam and I guarantee you it is a scam. It's up there with weight loss pills. None of the ingredients are proven to work. Dig around. We're trying to save YOU from a silly scam. We've been there.

You may have been dieting, but if you were not losing weight, you were.....NOT in a calorie deficit. Do you honestly think people here who have put in the work to lose weight the scientifically proven way are going to believe that some caffinated beverage is helping you to lose weight? And do you honestly think those posting here have never tried a scammy product? Heck, I've tried MANY...nothing worked, of course, but counting calories did. I'm betting you increased your activity from all that caffeine and created a deficit. And, eating 'healthy' isn't THE way to lose weight. I ate many 'bad foods' throughout my 85lb loss. Many.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    I've been eating magic weight loss bacon, and the pounds are falling off!

I used to eat a very low calorie breakfast of yogurt and a banana. Then increased my calories by switching to 2 slices of bacon, 1 fried egg, and a half serving of grits. Magically, I eat less for the rest of the day and lose weight!

(Because the fat and protein in my bacon and eggs keeps me full longer, so I don't over-eat at lunch or dinner. Usually. Adding a mere 113 calories at breakfast helps me eat fewer calories the rest of the day. CICO.)
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Psssst. Want to know my secret? Weight-loss pizza. It's the best. Especially if you add that magic weight-loss bacon.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    I drink flavored black coffee instead of snacking sometimes. I never thought to call it "weight loss coffee," but I suppose I could start marketing it that way and selling my Island Coconut k-cups for double what I paid. What will I buy with the money...more coffee!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    edited June 2016
    Every ingredient in that "Weight Loss Coffee" (aside from coffee itself) looks like it came straight off the Dr. Oz show. It's all a bunch of snake oil and woo.

Falcon wrote: »
    you have my curiosity peaked so I checked. It has Garcinia Cambogia in it. I tried Garcinia in the pill form and it messed with my bms. It's the Garcinia Cambogia not the coffee itself.

No, it's not the Garcinia Cambogia either. GC is another diet industry scam which has been proven ineffective.

https://examine.com/supplements/garcinia-cambogia/

From the above:
    Studies in humans, for the most part, fail to replicate this; this may be related to less actual activity of de novo lipogenesis in humans and a much higher level in rats. Some isolated studies do note weight loss, but it appears to be quite variable and unreliable. Many studies also do report subjective appetite decrease, but tend to record dropout rates (how often people leave the study due to being unable to maintain the diet protocol) rather than food intake; even then the benefits are still unreliable and sometimes not present.

Although there is some limited potential for (-)-Hydroxycitric acid as a weight loss aid, the magnitude of effect is quite low (up to 2kg over 3 months) and the benefit is unreliable; making it hard to recommend this compound as a fat burner or anti-obesity agent.
  • noodlynoods
    noodlynoods Posts: 4 Member
    I'm just convinced most people on this site are hangry. If you want to call it being jerks, cynical, or science. It's the reason I don't post much.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    I'm just convinced most people on this site are hangry. If you want to call it being jerks, cynical, or science. It's the reason I don't post much.

Or maybe it's just that some people are trying to be helpful and pointing out the reasons why people shouldn't fall for (and waste their money on) weight loss scams and woo, which won't do anything beneficial to help them toward their goals.
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member

Seems like you have some issues dealing with people speaking their mind...even in written form. No one's been negative of anybody on this thread. People are simply saying their opinions and some are bringing up proof. If anyone can just deal with an opinionated conversation with people, the message boards are easy.