2»

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    1) 4.5 to 5.5 hours
    2) It is enough when I get more towards to the 5.5 hours
    3) No, I cannot increase it no matter what I do
    4) Effects my training only it is less than the 5 to 5.5..

see the trend ?
  • Rachelgettingleaner
    Rachelgettingleaner Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My sleep schedule has varied way too much recently. Anywhere from 4-9 hours. But I notice how hard it is to motivate myself to exercise when I get less than 6 hours. And I definitely do try to increase my sleep when I work out more, or when my body is under any form of additional stress. A good night's sleep always helps my workouts &my overall mental & physical well-being!
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    1. How many hours of sleep to you usually get?
    2. Do you feel like it is enough?
    3. Do you increase your sleep time as you increase your training?
    4. Does you sleep affect your training?

1. lately around 7, in winter usually 8-10
    2. I need at least 8 to feel fully functional and rested, 7 is adequate but not ideal, anything less than that and I'm a mess
    3. nope
    4. well if I get less than 7 hours I'll probably struggle a lot to get through my set, working out while exhausted never goes super well
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I was only getting 4-5 a nite until I received my Fitbit for Christmas...after watching the numbers and with a lot of effort, I now get between 7 and 9, every night :) My whole day is easier because of the extra sleep!
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Well I have a sleep disorder where I'm never fully awake so this is probably a terrible topic for me lol.
    1. I usually sleep between 6-8 hours
    2. No, it's never enough. I can sleep 12hrs+ and never feel rested
    3. No.
    4. I'm sure if I get more sleep ideally I'd feel better to train...but yeah...sleep disorder. I just fight through it when I can.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    6ish hours a night
    It is no where near enough
    I don't increase for training - if I had more time for sleep I would
    It does affect my training because I am tired almost ALL the time
  • bubble_wrap0428
    bubble_wrap0428 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    1. 6.5 to 7 hours average
    2. No not usually
    3. I don't increase sleep time when I train more because training doesn't necessarily make me more prone to sleep. I've had times when I've worked out at 9 pm pretty intense and it kept me up all night, very restless even though I didn't sleep a lot the night before either.
    4. Sometimes. If I'm too tired I won't even go to the gym. I feel like I also get more tired easily if I'm running on less than 6 hours.

I definitely feel better working out on 7 plus hours, and adequate sleep is necessary for a good, effective workout for me.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    1. How many hours of sleep to you usually get? 5-7
    2. Do you feel like it is enough? Yes.
    3. Do you increase your sleep time as you increase your training? No.
    4. Does you sleep affect your training? Yes, but only when I sleep a lot less than usual.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    1. How many hours of sleep to you usually get?
    2. Do you feel like it is enough?
    3. Do you increase your sleep time as you increase your training?
    4. Does you sleep affect your training?

1. About 5 hours/night, maybe 6 if I'm lucky, when I'm working full-time + taking a graduate course. I'm on a 1-month break between courses right now, but still working full-time, and now I'm getting a luxurious 6 to 6.5 hours. And I'm going to try really hard to get 7 hours tonight.

2. Nope. Nowhere near. I probably need 7-8 hours a night, but I can hardly imagine what that would feel like.

3. Nope. No time.

4. Probably. There are times I'm so exhausted I don't even have the energy to go for an after-work walk. But education is a bigger priority.

• Maria_Fatima
    Maria_Fatima Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    A typical 8 hour sleep helps me function at my best. But on most days, I get 6 hours and that's okay too
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I get 7 hours most nights. For me, it matters less how many hours of sleep I get and more what time I wake up. If I can sleep until 7:30 I feel well rested, even if I stayed up late. If I get woken up by my kids at 6:30 I'm freakin exhausted even if I still got 8 hours.

I work out in the afternoon. If I work out in the morning I barely have the energy to move no matter how many hours of sleep I got.