Toddlers are gross

Options
lisahebert186
lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
Chocolate chip cookies, they said. So I have my toddler a chocolate chip cookie. He took one bite and then proceeded to smear it all over everything.

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    babies are grosser. They spit stuff up and then the diapers. ick
    I'm so not maternal
  • Thisnameischosen
    Thisnameischosen Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Yep. The mess never.fricken.ends.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Lol yes they are.
    My mom gave my nephew a soft caramel. He put it in his mouth. Everything great right? Nope I look over and it's running down the front of him. WTH kid. Had to be told to chew and swallow it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    That's like...one of the least gross things I've heard of a toddler doing.

I work at early childhood programs. The other day this kid started crying after being scolded, but having just put a big piece of banana in his mouth that he was chewing. He started spitting up the banana which was basically liquid at this point and I caught it in my hand.
  • lisahebert186
    Options
    I have three kids and my youngest, the 18 month old, is far messier than the other two were. Don't get me wrong it's all fun and games until a toddler with a mouth full of cookie all of a sudden decides he doesn't want that cookie He wants a new one. Lol.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    lol yeah. I haven't got the patience. My "kids" are cats.

So are mine.
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    My older sister took all the mom genes and left me none. I am so not a parent. But I love hanging out with my friend's kids and I learn so much about kids through them.

Like the fact that everything at arms reach level has a permanent coat of "oh god that's sticky and I don't want to know what it is".

Got my first filthy-handed leg-hug (they wrap their little arms around my legs) and ended up with sticky knees from them. This was a phenomenon I'd only ever heard of prior to that.

Dang but they sure are cute sometimes. Sticky faces and all.
  • lisahebert186
    Options
    It's been great birth control for my younger sister. Watching her change a dirty diaper was priceless. Lol. My oldest is 10 and my sister is 22. So they have grown up together.
  • lenoresdream
    Options
    Great birth control indeed! I get my loving children fix when I need it but when I can't take anymore tantrums I peace out lol.

PS this whole thread has made my night, thank you all! :D
  • lisahebert186
    Options
    That's like my sister. She is taking the oldest two for the day tomorrow and the bringing them home. That's all she can handle.
  • carlyp79
    carlyp79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My toddlers used to chew on dried apricots and then put the squishy chewed remnants aside to discover later. Ew.
  • Splitbygreg
    Splitbygreg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Kids....eww
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My 2 yr old just discovered he can see some of the things he ate recently in his poop. Yesterday he said kiwi in poop? Eat it? Eat kiwi poop?! Want now!

Yeah. Toddlers are gross.
  • lenoresdream
    Options
    My 2 yr old just discovered he can see some of the things he ate recently in his poop. Yesterday he said kiwi in poop? Eat it? Eat kiwi poop?! Want now!

:s
  • lisahebert186
    Options

Lol. That's fantastic.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    My 16 month old discovered how to take his diapers off recently, and his favorite time to do it is when its full.

I don't mean with pee.

Pretty fun when daddy stepped in it, thought it was a cookie the baby left out early, and picked it up to "check it" by smelling it :D
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My 16 month old discovered how to take his diapers off recently, and his favorite time to do it is when its full.

I don't mean with pee.

Pretty fun when daddy stepped in it, thought it was a cookie the baby left out early, and picked it up to "check it" by smelling it :D

Lol. I've heard this is a problem with most kids. I guess that's a big benefit of cloth diapering. I can barely get the damn thing off. No way the kid can do it.