Toddlers are gross

Options

Replies

• kathrynseddon1993
    kathrynseddon1993 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Mine is poorly right now and I MUCH prefer baby puke to toddler puke :( They are disgusting, mine likes to wait till I've opened her nappy to start smearing her bum all over my bed and try to run away while trying to grab the poo. I can't believe I don't get paid for this *kitten*.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Yes, I'll never understand why housetrained, cute, clean, well behaved dogs aren't allowed into restaurants but babies and toddlers are. I think some guy tried to open and operate a baby/toddler-free restaurant once but the parental units caused an uproar about it and he never got it off the ground.

There are a number of restaurants across the country that are "kid free." I think that restaurants that have gone "kid free" have actually flourished. parents and non-parents support the idea. Sure you will always have some dissenters when you make a move like that, but still, they are supported.

As a parent, I know I can definitely appreciate kid free zones and I know other parents who do as well. I mean, if I want to plan a date with my wife, going to a kid free restaurant is definitely a better option. Why would I want to plan a date without my son, and go to a plce that has kids running around? You will find less "parental units" causing an uproar than those who support things like this.
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    My oldest found the food coloring yesterday. When your children are laughing together and having a good time, you tend to leave them alone. If I ever hear laughing coming from them again while not under direct supervision, you can bet I'll have them in eye's sight within milliseconds.

13413103_1613704172278087_1851078427749022723_n.jpg?oh=32038a9f7963289f67372c9caddec373&oe=57D8628C

Lol that is hilarious.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Next time I feel put upon about cleaning the kitty pan, I will just think back to these kid stories. lol.

When people ask me why I never had kids, I try not to offend them by saying frankly "Bleah, don't want them, can't stand them!" Instead, I just bat my lashes and say "oh, you really don't want someone like me raising children." LMAO, it stops that line of inquiry immediately.

I had myself sterilized at 37. Would have done earlier if I could have found a cooperative doctor, but I live in the South...
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I think some guy tried to open and operate a baby/toddler-free restaurant once but the parental units caused an uproar about it and he never got it off the ground.

There are a number of restaurants across the country that are "kid free." I think that restaurants that have gone "kid free" have actually flourished. parents and non-parents support the idea.

Yeah, I just did a quick Google for childfree restaurants, found a bunch of news stories debating the pros and cons, and all of the restaurants I saw mentioned are still open and in some cases very successful years after they banned kids.

I wish the concept would be more widely adopted. I was out at a nice dinner just a few weekends ago when a free-range toddler ran under some unrelated couple's table and smacked full force into some poor woman holding a full glass of red wine. I was actually pretty impressed with her juggling skills - she recovered completely without spilling a drop :) If that had been a server with a tray full of food and drinks...
  • mpkanewske
    mpkanewske Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Now that I have a very young child I wonder how horribly messy I was when I was a kid. Oh well, they have no control over it really.
  • lisahebert186
    Options
    I like to let my children be creative and use their imagination. Sometimes this means I'm cleaning the bathroom everyday because I find all sorts of toothpaste "experiments". I found one under the sink.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Char231023 wrote: »
    When they are quiet is when you know they are up to something,

My youngest nephew is about to turn one. He hasnt figured it out that he needs to be quiet when he want to get in to something he's not supposed to. His mom will run to the bathroom and all she can hear is him giggling and her oldest going he's in the dog dish.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Rottified wrote: »
    Char231023 wrote: »
    When they are quiet is when you know they are up to something,

My youngest nephew is about to turn one. He hasnt figured it out that he needs to be quiet when he want to get in to something he's not supposed to. His mom will run to the bathroom and all she can hear is him giggling and her oldest going he's in the dog dish.

my son used to announce he was about to do something bad by saying "no" repeatedly on his way to do it.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Whatever could you do mean children are gross and messy ;) lol

qhpaovrm4tam.jpg

zjuhd2cjx5ye.jpg
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Next time I feel put upon about cleaning the kitty pan, I will just think back to these kid stories. lol.

When people ask me why I never had kids, I try not to offend them by saying frankly "Bleah, don't want them, can't stand them!" Instead, I just bat my lashes and say "oh, you really don't want someone like me raising children." LMAO, it stops that line of inquiry immediately.

I had myself sterilized at 37. Would have done earlier if I could have found a cooperative doctor, but I live in the South...

yeah, that is some *kitten* that guys can get a vasectomy whenever but women are told 'no' to tubes tied until they have kids or are a certain age. It's my body Dr. Asshat, if I want my tubes tied, I want them tied!

I do like babies though, when they are in the potato stage- just little, and sleep all the time wrapped up in a nice soft blanket. Not enough to have one though!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I had a full hysterectomy because I had tumors and other horrible and painful things going on and even THEN they wanted to "preserve my fertility" although I had never wanted my stupid fertility in the first place. I spent years being forced to try ineffective things and getting sicker and sicker before they finally gave in and took the blasted thing out!

I think people like me are part of Mother Nature's answer to overpopulation. Also if I had more money I would adopt a couple more rescue cats that need a Forever Home. But the vet bills, flea prevention, various other things they need and the cost of really good food for two of them is all I can do.

I often wonder HOW people afford to have and raise children, especially ones with medical problems. When I was a kid we were dirt poor and I lacked for medical care and it was SO bad. X( That is also probably part of why I elected not to reproduce!
  • lisahebert186
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Whatever could you do mean children are gross and messy ;) lol

qhpaovrm4tam.jpg

zjuhd2cjx5ye.jpg

Sooo cute!! I love being a mom but it definitely isn't for everyone.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »

I often wonder HOW people afford to have and raise children, especially ones with medical problems. When I was a kid we were dirt poor and I lacked for medical care and it was SO bad. X( That is also probably part of why I elected not to reproduce!

I think this is probably comparable to the cost of cat ownership- its all relative to the quality of what you choose to provide/what you deem to be important to care for your dependant. There are cat owners who feed their kitties cheap food which isn't great for them, don't buy them toys, etc. and have them use the neighbourhood as a litter box instead of taking on cat pan expenses because they can't or don't see it as important and conversely there are cat owners who dote on their cats like heiress children and feed them o.nly the finest raw cuts of meat atop their cat palaces . All a matter of priorities and income with kids too you know? I'm just glad my husband is oil field so my girls have everything I didn't have as a kid...except cat palaces ;)
  • lisahebert186
    Options
    To be fair, adults are kinda gross too. We're just sneakier about it.

Yes that is very true.
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Yes toddlers are so gross. I have two a boy that just turned four and a girl that will be three in two weeks. Some of the things they can get into is awful. I also have five cats, one adult and four 11 week olds. Lol I never have a real boring day.

One day the kids got into the litter box. They had a good time, litter every where including their hair. It was clumping litter so I had to use a flea comb to remove it before I bathed them.

I am sorry kitten's are just as bad as toddlers. Last week they had a parasite. I had poop and vomit every where. Poor things were so bad that sometimes they couldn't make it to the box. Some how one got it on my stairway wall. uh but I love the little guys they are my babies. I am going to cry when they go to forever homes.