Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Peeing in the shower saves water

ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,887 Member
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2016/06/14/numbers-add-up-peeing-in-shower-makes-sense.html

the site calculates that taking away one 1.6-gallon flush across 319 million Americans every day could conserve 185 billion gallons of water a year, which is no small matter.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Replies

• Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    I pee in the shower every time I shower.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Yeeeeah, shower peeer here...
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    So does peeing in the bushes

I will actually be sitting in the comfort of my air conditioner and leave that comfort just to pee outside. This is the main reason I could never live in a city.
  • 285to170
    285to170 Posts: 330 Member

This is why I never sit on nature. No idea who's bodily fluids id be Sitting on. :s
  • saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member
    285to170 wrote: »

This is why I never sit on nature. No idea who's bodily fluids id be Sitting on. :s

LOL!:smile:
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,396 Member
    I don't pee in the shower (at least not regularly) but I know hubs does. But we also follow the rule of "If it's yellow, let it mellow", so saving water that way as well ;)
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    This is the fcuking reason I got warts on my feet maybe when I used to shower in the gym.

These days I just don't shower in the gym at all. Always at home. And I don't pee in the shower. I don't like seeing my feet immersed in yellow water. You weirdos! ;)

Wow, to immerse your feet you must pee a lot. No wonder you don't pee in the shower.
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    I thought everyone pee's in the shower
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    well, maybe. i would have to find out - on average - how much water comes out of the shower during a 60 second pee? probably less than 1.6 gallons, but how big is that difference? it has to factor in.
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    I live in Scotland. We've no need to save water!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    This is the fcuking reason I got warts on my feet maybe when I used to shower in the gym.

These days I just don't shower in the gym at all. Always at home. And I don't pee in the shower. I don't like seeing my feet immersed in yellow water. You weirdos! ;)

This is what flip flops are for. I only wear them for public showers.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,887 Member
    kate141987 wrote: »
    I thought everyone pee's in the shower
    Some people find it gross because they still step on it while in the shower. New information has shown that urine IS NOT sterile.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    I'm anal...I wouldn't stand barefoot in a public shower (gym etc) just for this reason! At home, it's fair game...my pee, my germs :p
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    My water bill is down now!
  • OnAllFours
    OnAllFours Posts: 170 Member
    Shower pisser here. For those that think it's gross to stand in it, try aiming (I know women have a harder time with this, but I have seen it done with great control). It's all about where you are in relation to the draining characteristics. Done right, it will go down the drain before touching your precious piggys.
  • OnAllFours
    OnAllFours Posts: 170 Member
    Sure it didn't go away cause you...showered? Cause I here that helps too. ;)
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Never did it, although my ex has because she was told that the urine would prevent bacterial and fungal growth on her feet by her Father. I think the practice is unhygenic and a little gross. It's a reason it's called waste and I'd rather not add to the stuff growing in, or contaminating my shower. However, to each their own. It's your shower, I'm not using it, so it really doesn't matter. I've seen guys do it in the public showers though and I get thoroughly disgusted.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    That reminds me I have to pee.

oh wait....shower. oops
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    I pee in the shower.

My stepdad used to also fill gallon jugs with sand and put them in the tank to save water per flush as well.