Moxie's Merry Band of Booty Shrinkers!! (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I can easily do both (love copy & paste!!). If you want to friend me, here's the link to my profile on FB and I'll add you to the Moxie group.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1065942103

And, Laurie, I completely understand about spending more time on MFP than FB, but, unfortunately, I don't think that MFP's infrastructure is set up quite as complex as FB's, which unfortunately has its drawbacks. :smile:
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Im good with either location. I can get FB from my phone, and while I technically have the MFP app on my blackberry, I rarely use it since its not very user firendly and I cant get to the forums.
    I tend to check in on the forums once a day while Whitney naps, so if I dont respond or post right away, its not because Ive run away!

Rebecca....I feel like Im stalking you with all the "your local!!!!" chatter. Sorry :) I promise Im not weird! haha

Adelle....your story is beautiful! You should blog :)

I think Im going to blog through the row and my new adventure with P90X. I had a blog that Ive neglected, started, restarted, erased, come back to, etc etc. I read some previous posts there last night and they all sound the same:
    "THIS TIME Im really going to stick to it!"
    "There are X number of weeks til the trip, my birthday, any-random-holiday-i-can-convince-myself-requires-weight-loss"
    "I know HOW to lose weight...I just need to buckle down this time"
    blah blah...
    I was telling my husband that I need the structure of P90x and the accountability of something like Moxie. I need to be reminded that this team could fail if *I* dont bring solid numbers each day. So Im excited to get started and start reporting numbers!!!
  • ccrawshaw
    Options
    Im good with either location. I can get FB from my phone, and while I technically have the MFP app on my blackberry, I rarely use it since its not very user firendly and I cant get to the forums.
    I tend to check in on the forums once a day while Whitney naps, so if I dont respond or post right away, its not because Ive run away!

Well, add me on FB if you'd like to be added to the Moxie group. :)
  • posy43
    posy43 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Moxie crewe

I hope you have all had or are having a good Saturday. her in the uk it is almost 10.30pm...... daily calories counted and under calorie allowance, exercise done and logged, time to start relaxng and thinking about bed...well ya would thinks so wouldn't you?

Me?...I don't know what is up with me at all today but I just can't settle at all, I feel the need for more exercise, so am going to hit the exercise bike for half an hour and see if I can tire myself out.

This is a very odd feeling...who would have thought 12 months ago that I would be wanting to exercise instead of lounging around stuffing my face.
    It's a good feeling though I really am loving the new found freedom that losing weight is bringing to me :)

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday everyone :)
  • katbass
    Options

Well, add me on FB if you'd like to be added to the Moxie group. :)

Done :)

Posy....Dont you love those moments when yuo realize your life HAS changed? And your habits are awesome and inspiring?
    I know youve inspired me to hit the treadmill instead of the couch :)
    Sweet dreams (after your bike ride!)
  • vmata1
    vmata1 Posts: 14
    Options
    Rebecca - thanks so much for creating the ticker image! Its awesome.
    Ladies - I learned something new today - 1 pound equals 3500 calories. Go figure!

Well.. Casey said I'm the last to introduce myself so here goes... The basic and boring stats are that I work in HR for one of the world's largest Accounting firms, I have a degree in Business and come from a finance background (the HR was a fluke), I'm 29 years old and live in warm and sunny - Toronto, Canada.

I live in downtown Toronto so I actually walk to and from work everyday which gives me my daily cardio of 60 minutes and I'm lucky to have the lake right across the street with an awesome bike/jogging path which gives me some motivation to run - although I haven't done a lot of that recently. I just survived the big C - well, I'm looking forward to being officially told I'm in remission on July 6th and I'm looking forward to doing this with everyone and getting my strength, power and confidence in my body back!

I love Zumba, running and body sculpting right now and basically any activity that does not tie me up in a gym.. although I do have one in my building which makes it hard for me to come up with a good excuse not to go :( As much as I do enjoy the city life, I also love the mountains and head out to the rockies often to go hiking or even up to northern Ontario.

I'm looking forward to working with all you ladies on this exciting journey and I know Team Moxie will kick butt!!

Question: I go dancing often with my girlfriends... should I start logging that in as cardio?
  • vmata1
    vmata1 Posts: 14
    Options
    test - I updated my signature with the new ticker and wanted to see if it worked.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request on Facebook.
  • ccrawshaw
    Options

Question: I go dancing often with my girlfriends... should I start logging that in as cardio?

I absolutely would!! Anytime your body get s a little heated up (even if you don't break a sweat) and your heart rate goes up, you are getting cardio and burning lots of extra calories!!

Love to have you on the team!!
  • ccrawshaw
    Options
    For those who are not members of our FB group, if you'd like to be, just friend me on FB and I'll get you added.

Here's the link to my profile for easy adding. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1065942103

If not, I will try to keep you all abreast of the conversations and comments that are made so that you aren't left out.

There has been talk of choosing a theme (i.e. some are doing pirate or viking themes).

Several crew members are preparing through ballistic stretching and waxing boats and oars. :laugh:

I updated our description to include two important links (one is to this thread and the other is to the map that will show our progress compared to the other teams. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=204655860575059420912.0004a634fce3156d39f06&msa=0

I will be making an album that combines all of the awesome Moxie avatars that several of the crew members have found for ease and convenience.

And the final addition was a document that will better enable us to maintain an accurate count on calories for each team member. I will fill in anyone's that is not on FB for them and make sure that a "copy" gets posted in this thread for those that as well.

I will make every effort to update this thread daily and check in several other times in order to direct those in FB here if there's something important (like vmata1's intro today :happy: ) that they ought to check out.
  • MelanieP_TX
    MelanieP_TX Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    I am Laurie Kinnamon from Annapolis, MD which is on the Chesapeake Bay. It is lovely place to live and the best is I can drive 3 hours either East or West and be at the beach or in the mountains. We are currently having a heat wave with high humidity so it if hard to be outside right now.

I am single, have one cat (Oakley) and right now I am house sitting for a friend and her two dogs (Sasha and Max). My favorite forms of exercise are: working out with my trainer, spinning, WATER AEROBICS, walking. I am looking forward to this challenge.
    You are welcome to friend me if you like.

It will be fun getting to know everyone.

Laurie

I think my cousin lived there for a while.
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello again everyone!! I am loving the Moxie avatars and thanks for the awesome ticker background!!! I can't wait for this challenge to start. That being said, I just want to apologize for the fact that I will not have enough time July 1st, 2nd or 3rd to exercise and log very well because my best friend is getting married on Saturday and I am in her wedding and helping with a ton of stuff. BUT I do plan on hitting the gym hard as soon as I can so I am a product mate on this ship!!

Happy Monday everyone!
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hello again everyone!! I am loving the Moxie avatars and thanks for the awesome ticker background!!! I can't wait for this challenge to start. That being said, I just want to apologize for the fact that I will not have enough time July 1st, 2nd or 3rd to exercise and log very well because my best friend is getting married on Saturday and I am in her wedding and helping with a ton of stuff. BUT I do plan on hitting the gym hard as soon as I can so I am a product mate on this ship!!

Happy Monday everyone!

I say, strap on a HRM, and log the wedding prep! There's got to be some burning going on! Have a great time.
  • ccrawshaw
    Options

Happy Monday everyone!

I say, strap on a HRM, and log the wedding prep! There's got to be some burning going on! Have a great time.

Good idea, Brittany!!
  • rebecca_florida
    rebecca_florida Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hey Moxie! Just a reminder our Row the World challenge starts tomorrow! And it will be a challenge to be starting a competition over a holiday weekend (for those of us in the USA, at least)! I know for me, I'll appreciate having more time in my day to work out, but I'll have family in town and they tend to make me revert back to my old ways of eating. However, this time, I'm hosting and I'm cooking healthy and I will set an example for the rest of my family! Going to organize some family tennis too!

How are YOU planning to support the Moxie over the holiday weekend? ; )
  • katbass
    Options
    YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! I have had some decent burns the last 3 days of P90X, so Im hoping to keep up the good numbers and help the team WIN!
    I have Legs and Back tomorrow, Kenpo on Saturday, and while I am scheduled to only have a rest day on Sunday, I might run and do the stretch DVD just so I dont log a goose-egg for Moxie!

Casey...do you want us to post our numbers here? on the FB page? on your profile? email? I know youve said before, but i want to make sure I have the latest and greatest info :)

Good luck, girls!!!!!!!!!!
  • MelanieP_TX
    Options
    AND I will be in a car for a day or so- We are driving to NJ from TX tomorrow morning- SRYYYY!!! I will make up for it as soon as my feet hit the ground- I was supposed to leave 2 wks from now but everything got pushed up unexpectedly!
  • katbass
    Options
    AND I will be in a car for a day or so- We are driving to NJ from TX tomorrow morning- SRYYYY!!! I will make up for it as soon as my feet hit the ground- I was supposed to leave 2 wks from now but everything got pushed up unexpectedly!

Melanie, hope everything is okay, and that your trip was pushed forward for GOOD reasons and not bad :smile: Have a safe trip!
  • ccrawshaw
    Options
    Casey...do you want us to post our numbers here? on the FB page? on your profile? email? I know youve said before, but i want to make sure I have the latest and greatest info :)

It doesn't matter to me how you want to get your calorie burns to me. Any ol' way is fine, just make sure that you do (at some point) get a response from me so you know I have you recorded. :)
  • MelanieP_TX
    Options
    Thank You!! Ok so plans changed AGAIN!!! I am actually flying out on Sunday- we ended up finding a killer deal last night (99$pp) one way so we jumped on it- Turns out the whole driving thing was way more expensive then we thought (we wanted to rent a mini van so I didn't put all that mileage on my own car) But in order to leave the car at the airport in NJ and not drive it back they wanted to charge 40 cents per mile on top of the rental fees, plus all the gas- it wasn't worth it.

My mom is having Surgery on Friday, a hysterectomy.. She doesn't exactly have cancer but what they found was one stage less than cancer so it has to go- She's been through alot- She just battled lung Cancer 2 yrs ago- So if you can all send good thoughts that would be very helpful!! They have no idea I am coming out this weekend so I am excited to surprise them. They think I am driving up on the 8th-

Good news is, they have a treadmill and stationary bike. I am going to bring a couple DVD's as well! So I will be burning it up!!!