Best thing you ate this week?

Options
I've been craving Chipotle so I decided to make my own version of their bowl.

I used bulgar instead of rice. Topped it with pinto beans cooked with sofrito, grilled zucchini, red pepper and onion, garden kale, homemade tomatillo salsa and a little prime rib. Honestly, could've done without the meat but it was dying in my freezer. Such a good, healthy meal!

What's the best thing you ate this week? Doesn't need to be healthy. ;)

Replies

• fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    currently waiting for homemade alfreado sauce to finish. Il be having that with buncantini and breaded italian chicken cutlet. its one of my favorite meals.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Homemade guacamole. Probably too much. Yolo. Hahaha
  • k8millz
    k8millz Posts: 28 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Birthday Cake Oreos and wine. :D Worth it.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Bacon :)
  • hardyjessicag
    hardyjessicag Posts: 93 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I had sushi (a philly roll and a roll with spicy white tuna and avocado on the inside, with tuna, salmon, yellowtail and spicy mayo and eel sauce on the outside) and then I had a bag of gummy bears for dessert =]

You made me hungry just thinking about it!
  • artzymummy
    artzymummy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Mushroom and cheese quiche using wonton wrappers. Really hit the spot.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Blackened mahi mahi over black beans and rice with mango avocado salsa and homemade key lime pie..
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    @WinoGelato I LOVE Mahi Mahi!

Sunday, I hosted a gender reveal and made jalepeno peppers stuffed with sausage, cream cheese, and cilantro, then topped with shredded mexican cheese and baked in the oven. They're amazing!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Cooked a turkey. It came out great and made several good meals out of it!
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Gluten free veggie pizza.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Sunday, I hosted a gender reveal and made jalepeno peppers stuffed with sausage, cream cheese, and cilantro, then topped with shredded mexican cheese and baked in the oven. They're amazing!

Yum!

So was it a boy or a girl?
  • wtliftchick
    wtliftchick Posts: 84 Member
    Options

What is a gender reveal? And what type of sausage do you use? I make those but with corn, not meat. But I could be converted!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    It may have been the lemon glazed grape jelly filled donut I just had. Seriously.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I made pasta with fresh campari tomatoes that I heated with a little olive oil, salt and Italian seasoning. Simple, fresh and flavorful.
  • danhib
    danhib Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Prawns with low fat mayo, salad, chicken & ham
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Blackened mahi mahi over black beans and rice with mango avocado salsa and homemade key lime pie..

Did you make your own mango avocado salsa? I would leVe a recipe for that
  • 35dollars
    35dollars Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Last night's home made turkey chilli. I love chilli!
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Definitely dinner yesterday, I had half of a left over potatoe so I par boiled it, and then grated it on a cheese grater, and mixed in some cheddar, and mozzarella and used my burger press to make a patty out of it, and then lightly fried it in a frying pan, and then made a 5oz burger, and had a potatoe patty burger...um burger...? Either way it was pretty dope.