Not eating enough

Options

Replies

• coleg04
    coleg04 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Carbs before bed don't make you gain weight unless it is over your calorie limit for the day.

What you said is fundamentally correct, but insulin spikes will certainly not help you release stored energy.

• laurasprogress
    laurasprogress Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm not diabetic. I agree with the logic that I should eat healthy regardless of the time of day. A spoonful of low fat peanut butter on half an apple will make me feel better about myself than a cookie for sure.
  • coleg04
    Options
    Lol. Fundamentally, yes... If you eat only twinkies and junk food and are still under calories you will lose weight (fat and muscle.) However, if you eat the same amount of calories in chicken and brown rice you will lose MORE fat and retain MORE muscle. Make sense?
  • coleg04
    Options
    Read my previous post. This is basic science. If you do not eat enough protein your body will break down muscle.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    coleg04 wrote: »
    The goal is not weight loss. The goal is FAT loss.

Where did OP say that her goal was FAT loss specifically?
  • laurasprogress
    laurasprogress Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure cico solely would work for me? I mean if I eat 1200 calories worth of candy bars or 1200 calories worth of protein and fruit/vegetables will I really continue to lose? I'm not going to eat candy bars of course lol
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Read my previous post. This is basic science. If you do not eat enough protein your body will break down muscle.

The body will use fat to get energy first.
  • coleg04
    Options
    The goal is not weight loss. The goal is FAT loss.

Where did OP say that her goal was FAT loss specifically?

Losing muscle and slowing down her metabolism is her goal? Oh, my mistake. Sorry. I'll stop using science.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    If not lactose intolerant, have some cottage cheese. I've heard some carbs that are gluten sourced can give you a lot of dreams making a nights rest fruitless. Carb-timing causing fat gain is unlikely especially at 1200cal unless maybe you are <4' and that's a strong maybe.