Diet ruined this week

Options
2»

Replies

• AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    kirstenb13 wrote: »
    I was over by 200 on Sunday and over 300 on Tuesday and 200 today. I was thinking tomorrow back to it. I was thinking of doing a cardio day today.

Haha, are you serious? This is nothing, whether it is over your goal or over your deficit. It will make exactly no difference to your weight in the long term. Just go back to sticking to your goals.
    Thank you. I was worried
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i have a bad week of dieting when we go out of town or celebrate something... which is often haha. Everyday is a new day. Bad or good its not that big of a deal dont beat yourself up.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,119 Member
    Options
    I'm fasting for Ramadan, it was alive crazy this week lol. I was over by 200 on Sunday and over 300 on Tuesday and 200 today. I was thinking tomorrow back to it. I was thinking of doing a cardio day today.

Go for it!

To compensate for 700 calories over (which isn't much at all), do a 35 km bicycle ride. Easy and fun! :)

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I'm fasting for Ramadan, it was alive crazy this week lol.

I was over by 200 on Sunday and over 300 on Tuesday and 200 today. I was thinking tomorrow back to it. I was thinking of doing a cardio day today.

LOL I think you are doing fasting wrong.

Okay but really that extra 700 calories isn't all that much. I wouldn't qualify it as ruining anything. If you truly were fasting (before the over eating) you probably broke even.

I am fasting correct, in Ramadan we eat 2 meals, one is is Sehri the other is iftar.

I think @shadowfax_c11 was kidding! 700 calories is a very small amount. You've got this!!
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    Thanks all
  • miconsumafuoco
    miconsumafuoco Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I don't how often Ramadan comes along, but at least this way you can try to plan for the next one, learn from this (small) misstep and be more prepared next time. That's a positive gain! If this is a life-long change, then making progress in any way is a win. Progress not perfection!! :smiley:
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    I don't how often Ramadan comes along, but at least this way you can try to plan for the next one, learn from this (small) misstep and be more prepared next time. That's a positive gain! If this is a life-long change, then making progress in any way is a win. Progress not perfection!! :smiley:

Once a year for a month
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Check out the Ramadan thread, many people there said to switch to maintenance calories for the month.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

I think @shadowfax_c11 was kidding! 700 calories is a very small amount. You've got this!!

Indeed... hence the LOL.

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    A week is not "bad" or "good."
    What is important is whether or not your actions and decisions that week got you closer to your goals.
  • ballyshea
    ballyshea Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Went to a works do yesterday at an 'all you can eat' restaurant. I knew in advance I'd have to do more and eat less for the next few days to make up for it. But it's a once a year event. There were some healthy choices there but I chose to repair the 'damage' afterwards! ;)