Kale! The God of Superfoods!

Options
Has anybody else heard of the kale diet? Basically you just add kale to your diet i.e snack on that instead of other foods. My mams friend added it to her diet last year and lost over 2 stone! Anyway has anybody else had a similar result or experience with this green God? o:)

Replies

• ShannonJoyce97
    ShannonJoyce97 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Blaugh! No thanksX would rather eat food I enjoy.

Haha. I would of said that too but, i used to hate green tea and now i prefer it over any other drink
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I hate kale. I don't care how good it is for you. IMO it tastes gross.
  • ShannonJoyce97
    ShannonJoyce97 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    There probably is no magic but its definetly very good for you. It contains so many of the nutrients we need and in only a small amount too.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    So eat kale as a snack instead of potato chips? Yeah, you'll lose some weight. I'd rather just eat a little less of everything.
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Kale has no magic properties

it's just a trendy green (IMO it tasted like dirt :persevere: )

She lost weight cos she replaced calories with dirt

Why is it so trendy? I understand it has a lot of nutrients but yuck!

If you watch parks and rec, it reminds me of the people at the farmers market trying to sell chard. They had all the "sexy dancers" and turned the farmers market into a dance club because that's the only way they could sell the nasty chard!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Coconut-Kale soup is yummy as hell. I just wouldn't eat too much of it. That coconut oil you roast the kale in first and the coconut milk you add to cook it it tend to pack quite a few calories.

Other than that... I don't see the point of eating something you don't particularly like for the sake of eating it. Superfoods are nothing more than a clever marketing idea.

(Edit for grammar... :neutral: )
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Why don't collards get any love? Just as good nutritionally and far easier to prepare.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    No such thing as "super foods". While nutrient dense, there are other ways to get the nutrients from kale without having to gag it down.
    As for your mams friend, she ate less than she burned. That's how weight loss works.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of kale, but it is nutritious.

444.jpg
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I prefer spinach over kale.

Me too

And Savoy cabbage