Friends can only take you so far

Options
2»

Replies

• lunarchaos
    lunarchaos Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I would say 90% of the time you are correct. You are however missing one key factor for quite a few people....medical issues. What a lot of people don't know that there are quite a few women that have PCOS (I know there are other issues as well, hypothyroidism and such, but I personally have PCOS and can speak with experience to it). Before I was diagnosed I was logging all of my food and going to the gym 5-6 days a week and I only lost 3 pounds in 8 months. Granted, had I not been doing all of that I would have gained quite a bit of weight, but for all the work I put in I saw no return. Then I was diagnosed and all it took was a little metformin and I was able to lose weight again. Do I agree that people need to take control of their own diets and what is going on, yes. But for some people there is a medical reason why they are not losing weight.

Sorry, I just had to throw my 2 cents in there, but I know the struggle and confusion as to why some people can't lose weight.

Yes I agree with you, there are medical issues, which I mentioned very briefly in my original post. I chose not to go too detailed into that because it would be better suited for a new topic entirely. But yes there are medical issues, and going to see a physician to get the problem dealt with is another step that, unfortuanely, must be taken by certain individuals. And just going to the doctor takes a certain amount of ownership that there is an additional circumstance to get help with, which I applaude. After that is resolved however, it again, falls back on the individual. Thank you, and everyone else, for taking the time to post and add your opinions to mine.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I can say with 100% certainty that in my case, it was all about taking responsibility for my body and mind. I'm replying right now so that I can come back here to read this if I feel like I'm not doing what I gotta do.

Thanks!
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I totally get what you were saying and totally agree with you. I have wanted to say it before. If you are not losing, you are doing something wrong. period. Pull up your panties(or tighty whities) and figure out what it is and move on. amen.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Great Post!
  • findingfinally
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Now THIS needs to be tagged for Newbies to read :wink:

Weight loss is primarily a psychological battle (when medical issues aren't involved). Not easy, but that's what makes it have worth. Keep this mindset and you will have success :flowerforyou: I sound like a fortune cookie hahaha
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Good post and worth the read. You really have to want it to be successful at weight loss. Don't make excuses, just do it!
  • anjoweena
    anjoweena Posts: 28
    Options
    Are you a Republican?

hahahahahaahhahahahahahhaahahahahahhaaaa.
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Speaking the truth my friend!! Friends can join you on your journey but they can't carry you. You have to walk for yourself.

absolutely right....we can only encourage and support so much, but the ultimate choice to exercise, do right, and succeed is a personal choice