Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Listing calories on the front of packaging

2»

Replies

• sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    I like it because as i've AGED the print on the back can be quite tiny and i'm all squinty trying to figure out what the funk it says and also if i am wanting a snacky thing and i can scan the items, the ones with front print will get my vote quicker. Well done marketing guys.....
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    I like it because as i've AGED the print on the back can be quite tiny and i'm all squinty trying to figure out what the funk it says and also if i am wanting a snacky thing and i can scan the items, the ones with front print will get my vote quicker. Well done marketing guys.....

Ha! I hear you on this. I caved and bought reading glasses when I realized no matter how much weight I lose, my arms won't grow longer!

Rarely am anywhere that has vending machines but I think the calorie on the front is awesome.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I think it would be great to have the calories highlighted by being on the front of packages- particularly of snack foods.

I have a package of hamburger buns in my kitchen that has the calories on the front. I didn't actually notice it when I bought it and when I was thinking of eating one I again didn't notice and just looked at the nutrition label on the back for calorie information. So I guess it wasn't that helpful to put the calories on the front for me.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    I always look at the back of the packaging anyway as I want to know the other nutrients and the ingredients too.