Healthy snack ideas

Options
Hey I have been just starting getting back on track and I thought I'd throw a post out there to see what ideas people do for healthy snacks to give me some ideas

Replies

• hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Nuts, 75% dark chocolate, Cheese, Yogurt, Fruits/berries, oat bran, hard boiled eggs, popcorn
  • BlendaBrenda
    BlendaBrenda Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love cucumber slices with lime if I want something crunchy I can snack on aimlessly. Sometimes I'll add salt and chile, or tajin, but I don't worry about my salt intake.

• jenlaw71
    jenlaw71 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    fruits/veggies

need to start adding some cheese to my snacks
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Depends on the type of diet you are on too. I was on low carb for quite awhile and it was mini baby bel cheese, jerky. Now I'm eating no dairy, so nuts, fruits, veggies. I add spices to kick it up, and blended protein shakes.
  • sarrie1234
    sarrie1234 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey all thanks for the awesome ideas. Have been eating lots of fruits and veggies just looking for different ways to spice it all up
  • caseylizbeth
    caseylizbeth Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Air-popped popcorn, rice cakes (mostly the mini-cheddar ones), lite string cheese, veggies with hummus, nuts, jerky, fruit smoothies, oatmeal packets.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,604 Member
    Options
    Personally, I always go for the snack I want to eat, but making sure that the calories are accounted for. Obviously there are snacks that are more nutrient dense than others, but there's nothing wrong with having a snack you enjoy whatever that may be. Health isn't just about what you eat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ericar21
    ericar21 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    sometimes i make little cucumber sandwiches. some low sodium roast beef from the deli and a little bit of cheese between 2 cucumber slices. they taste good! you can use any meat or cheese
  • sarrie1234
    Options
    Thanks Erica that sounds so good great idea:)
  • TheFair0ne
    TheFair0ne Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    There is so many great healthy snacks.

Tonight I made a homemade jalapeno coleslaw - delish!

I also love love love veggie medley I always make where I cook zucchini, tomatoes, onion, peppers, jalapeno and mushrooms in lemon and water with a little butter and season with pepper, garlic, parsley and red pepper flakes.

I enjoy snackin of green peppers and pepperoncinis.

Quinoa is something I just got into, but mixing that with cilantro, like jucie, tomatoes, cucumbers and avocado is amazing and filling!
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn is my all-time favorite!

Other favorites are strawberries, a bowl of cereal, a protein bar, a hard-boiled egg, and ... an ice-cream sandwich.
  • sarrie1234
    Options
    Ya there are so many snacks. Hard to think up creative ones I'm not very good at it haha but I made granola yogurt and fruit in a jar tonight and home made fruit pops
  • setharael
    setharael Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can stop eating more easily with hot things, so I find that a sachet of flavoured latte is remarkably filling for me, and less than 100cal... Not brilliant if you're watching sugar though!