So about those fitness bands/trackers lol

Options
2»

Replies

• dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I'm using a Fenix 3 HR. Really nice but it isn't cheap. However at least my wife doesn't complain about it. Normally she complains about my cheap looking watches.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I love my Apple Watch. It's not just a fitness tracker so you are certainly paying more for it, but it's worth it for me because I use lots of the other features too.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    brenda_men wrote: »
    I use the polar chest strap heart rate monitor just to keep track on my high intensity training aiming at 75% of my heart rate capacity since I only do 30 Min two times a week for fat burn with out loosing muscle mass. So far it's the best for accuracy.

Currently I use a Polar as well as I can use it when swimming.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    dykask wrote: »
    I'm using a Fenix 3 HR. Really nice but it isn't cheap. However at least my wife doesn't complain about it. Normally she complains about my cheap looking watches.

Fenix 3 here also (but non-HR version). I get complaints about how many times I talk about it.
  • dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    A lot of Fenix 3 owners love their watches and now after a month of owning the F3HR I know why. :smiley:
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Another Fenix 3 HR vote. Best on the market hands down!
  • theshadowkissed
    theshadowkissed Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    CincyNeid wrote: »
    I use the Garmin VivoSmart HR for daily wear. And I'm thoroughly impressed with it.

As of currently I'm using it because I love the Garmin Connect Ecosystem. Also using the Edge 520, and Forerunner 220.

I had one from an undisclosed company and I'll never use their Flash or let them Shine again.
    CincyNeid wrote: »
    I use the Garmin VivoSmart HR for daily wear. And I'm thoroughly impressed with it.

As of currently I'm using it because I love the Garmin Connect Ecosystem. Also using the Edge 520, and Forerunner 220.

I had one from an undisclosed company and I'll never use their Flash or let them Shine again.

Lol I think that was an awesome hint!
  • theshadowkissed
    theshadowkissed Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ok to my Fenix users would you say it's better than the Mio line of wearables and is it waterproof
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options

Lol I think that was an awesome hint! [/quote]

I thought it was a good one as well. I went through 3 of their trackers and finally sent it back to them and just told them to keep it.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    I don't use anything unless training for a race.

They are gadgets marketed to make money that aren't necessary.

You can find your cals burned by a simple mathematical formula or by using a free app on a smart phone.

Thank you Mr. Wet Blanket McBuzzkillington for chiming in.
    Since I felt like buying an unnecessary gadget to help someone make money, I bought the Fitbit One.
  • mcamer
    mcamer Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin Vivofit HR. I love it. It has alot of tracking and I find it quite accurate.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    My vote is for the Fitbit Alta.
  • texteach66
    texteach66 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have a Jawbone UP Move that I got on Amazon for $25 and I really like it. It syncs well with MFP. I also use a Wahoo HR monitor when working out, and it syncs well with Endmondo - it was about $60.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Ok to my Fenix users would you say it's better than the Mio line of wearables and is it waterproof

An order of magnitude better and waterproof.
    The Mio has almost no functionality on the watch, just HR display, the fenix is an advanced watch environment that does pretty much everything (including control my music and video camera).

They are very different devices (and prices) - please take a look at: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/11/winter-sports-gadget-recommendations.html