Welcome to the new Community design. We know there are some big changes to get used to as well some challenges and bugs. Please check out our post about New Updates To The Community as well as Outstanding Bugs. We will continue to collect feedback and bug issues and will work to make improvements.
How long would it take me to gain 3 lbs of muscle?
I'm going to start hitting the gym in order to trade 3 lbs of body fat for 3 lbs of muscle. According to my scale I'm currently sitting at 20.8% BF and have 27 lbs of fat on me. Swapping out 3 lbs would leave me at like 18.5% with nice tone, which I think is my ideal goal. So suppose I lift three times a week... how long do you suppose it would it take a female in her early 30s to reach that goal? For reference, I have never been muscular.
- 1.2M All Categories
- 1.4M Health, Wellness and Goals
- 379.4K Introduce Yourself
- 41.5K Getting Started
- 256.7K Health and Weight Loss
- 173.8K Food and Nutrition
- 46.9K Recipes
- 230.8K Fitness and Exercise
- 203 Sleep, Mindfulness and Overall Wellness
- 6.2K Goal: Maintaining Weight
- 8.2K Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building
- 72.6K Success Stories
- 151K Motivation and Support
- 6.8K Challenges
- 1.2K Debate Club
- 95.7K Chit-Chat
- 2.4K Fun and Games
- 87 MyFitnessPal Information
- 14 News and Announcements
- 37 Feature Suggestions and Ideas
- 36 MyFitnessPal Tech Support Questions