What's up with my boobs?

Options
Began on April 1st. Have lost 19 of the 32 lbs I wish to lose. 3" off my waist, 2" off my hips, thighs look great (never measured them to begin with) - down a dress size. Not ONE INCH off the boobs - even though bras are fitting much better, as are my tops. What's up with that??? Is it my age - 61?? Husband is ecstatic - me...not so much....maybe they're just getting perkier because of the weights and yoga??? Anyone??

Replies

• HeidiThe9
    HeidiThe9 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya on that! I have dropped 45 pounds, went from a size 22, to 16/18 and not a single ounce of change in my chest! Still a 38D, just on the inner hooks now
    Although, they ARE a bit perkier from all the pushups I do
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Heidi - glad I'm not alone....congrats on the 45 lbs :)
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    The weight comes off where it wants to come off, unfortunately, and I hear it's really common for that to be the first place it comes from.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    It's possible that you just lose from there last or that most of your breasts are actual tissue (glands and ducts) instead of fat.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm down 30 pounds (from a size 12 to between an 6 or 8). Down lots of inches and my boobs are the same size. I know that they will eventually reduce in size but so far no luck.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yeah, I hate to say it but don't get too excited quite yet. My cup size went up while losing 50 pounds because I didn't lose as much fat from the actual breasts themselves as from the area where the band lies. In the past 2 months, however, I've had a sudden and noticeable drop in fat from that area.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    kirstenb13 wrote: »
    Ugh, I wish that was an issue I had.

Me too! The very first place I lost was in my boobs! I kinda want them back!
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    LOL! Sounds as if boobs have a mind of their own - no telling what is going to happen with them when losing weight - some of us will be happy - others of us not....oh well...
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Lol my boobs are the last place to get bigger when I gain weight, and the first place I lose it when the weight comes off.
  • Citycat2015
    Citycat2015 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    The only positive thing about being overweight was actually having some. Of course, they were the first to go.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your genetic makeup. I never gain or lose much in my breasts. If you measure your band (just below the breast) you'll probably find a loss there, which is what makes the clothes fit better.
  • Alarae21
    Alarae21 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My boobs have just deflated and got sad. I'm still technically the same cup size though as I went down a band size.

Pretty sure what is left is actual tissue though, so I doubt I can lose much more!
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Yeah, I hate to say it but don't get too excited quite yet. My cup size went up while losing 50 pounds because I didn't lose as much fat from the actual breasts themselves as from the area where the band lies. In the past 2 months, however, I've had a sudden and noticeable drop in fat from that area.

Oh thank you for sharing this. My boobs have stayed the same pretty much (band size is down 4 inches, but not bust) and I have lost 65 pounds, half way to goal. I will keep hope that it will come off as I continue to lose.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I've only lost a couple inches in my bust measurement. My cup size has remained the same whilst my back has gone down. I'm nearly at my dance school days size everywhere else but my boobs are still a lot bigger! I don't mind too much though, they're in proportion but it would be nice to get into the regular people cup sizes if for nothing else other than more choice!
  • laurelh8
    laurelh8 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4.5" and my weight went from 173 lbs to 147 lbs, by bra size has gone from a 36 D to a 34 DD. I'm not totally surprised though, even at my smallest my chest has always been on the larger side
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I'm down 39 pounds and am wearing the same bras on tighter hooks. I don't fill the cup quite as well, but no need to go bra shopping just yet. I do lift weights and my routine includes two chest exercises.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,147 Member
    Options
    What's "down" with my boobs?
    Band remained the same (32), cup went up from a D to a DD, and for a 4 feet 11 inches, 102.8 lb older person that is a lot to carry (thanks Mom!). Perkiness is not where to be found and I only had 12lbs to lose. We can't win ladies.