My food crack is...

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Eh that's what I don't get. If you like the stuff so much, how is that better to never eat it again, versus learning to eat it in moderation?

And yeah, the time I avoided buying my favorite hazelnut chocolates for months, when my sister gave me a box, I ate the whole thing... clearly that approach didn't work either.
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Crisps here too, and just salty things in general.

I get multipacks with small portions in and low-ish cals to keep the fire for crisps damped down. I can eat a small packet and stop, but give me a share bag and I will eat all that without blinking.

Quavers are a good multipack go to.
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Brie. Or any type of soft, gooey, melty, cheesy cheese. I could eat a whole wheel of brie.
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Prosciutto wrapped mozzarella. Mmmmm. Really any kind of cheese.
  • bubble_wrap0428
    bubble_wrap0428 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, Nutella and chips and salsa.
    I've ate a whole jar of Nutella in two days :(
  • lemonlimelama
    lemonlimelama Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ice cream! But I let myself have it time to time. Fried rice is also my kryptonite. I can't stop eating it once I start. With that said, I can also gorge myself on broccoli, zucchini, and other veggies, because I love veggies, but that leaves me with no guilt so who cares!
  • crazymama2both
    crazymama2both Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    pringles...any flavored potato chip really
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    peanut butter cups
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm another one for the crisps. I CAN stop, but it's like slamming the brakes on and screeching to a halt, not a dignified restraint. I was at my brother's house last weekend and they had Mackie's bacon crisps (these are amazing, try them if you're ever in Scotland) and everyone was laughing at my magnetic attraction to them.

However, I don't ban myself from crisps because that would only make me want them more! I just fight the good fight each time.

Crisps for me too! I can't have crisps in the house, they are just too delicious.

I also love Mackie's crisps. The trick for me is living in a different country although I have been known to fill half a suitcase with them.
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I basically can't have any high calorie food around in bulk. Chips, cookies, ice cream. Nothing is safe. At the moment while I live alone it works just to keep a pretty basic food environment. I know I'll have to work on myself when it's time to share my space with someone else/my family.

100% this, it's such a struggle. I feel your pain, at this moment I'm fighting myself on going out to buy frosted animal crackers from Target because my womanhood is demanding it
  • KassiesJourney
    KassiesJourney Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Sushi...
  • Mademoiselle_Judy
    Mademoiselle_Judy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Special K protein chocolate peanut butter bars and popcorn. I cannot have them in my house at all! Especially the protein bars. I can fool myself into thinking I'll have one but before the end of the day the entire box will be empty :(
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Behxo wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    I basically can't have any high calorie food around in bulk. Chips, cookies, ice cream. Nothing is safe. At the moment while I live alone it works just to keep a pretty basic food environment. I know I'll have to work on myself when it's time to share my space with someone else/my family.

100% this, it's such a struggle. I feel your pain, at this moment I'm fighting myself on going out to buy frosted animal crackers from Target because my womanhood is demanding it

ok "my womanhood is demanding it" is my quote of the day, that is off the scale good!
  • becki739
    becki739 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter cups.
  • AmandaIsherwood3
    AmandaIsherwood3 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Cheese Doritos and walkers Mexican spicy coated nuts, once they are open I can't stop. The nuts alone are 900 calories a bag but they are so delicious
  • MindyBruno
    MindyBruno Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Chips and dip!!! I call it my kryptonite. I refuse to have it in the house but my MIL puts it out and I can NOT walk by it without eating it.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Nachos
    Nutella
    Halva
    Fresh cheesy, beefy nachos i can't resist. Have to force myself to close the jar of nutella before i went too far, just to come back to it again. Ughh, the struggle.