Protein without lots of fat

How do I get lots of protein without a lot of fat ps I hate fish

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Lean meats...turkey, chicken. Low fat greek yogurt. Protein powder.
  • BlendaBrenda
    BlendaBrenda Posts: 75 Member
    Chicken tenders. It's part of the breast but lower fat. Or ground turkey. The super lean one, like 99 or 98.
  • Kobz27
    Kobz27 Posts: 64 Member
    Why fear the fat?
  • arditarose
    Kobz27 wrote: »
    Why fear the fat?

It's not a bad question. But I prefer to break up my macros and eat leaner cuts of meat, so that I can also have avocado or some ice cream for dessert. Nothing wrong with that.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    A lot of vegetarian meat substitutes are very low in fat. I believe the Trader Joe veggie faux ground round has about 1g of fat per serving.
  • KashSenpai
    KashSenpai Posts: 10 Member
    Whey Protein and Lean meats are high in protein and low in fat.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited June 2016
    Beans, chickpeas and lentils are low in fat. Egg whites too. Gross skim milk cheese (AKA rubber) too.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Jerky
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,072 Member
    egg whites
    low-fat and non-fat milk, yogurt, cottage cheese
    beans and lentils
    seitan (from wheat gluten)
    lean cuts of poultry and meat (shockingly, even ham trimmed of visible fat and crispy bacon are fairly low fat, depending on your precise definition of low fat)
    protein powder
  • Kobz27
    Kobz27 Posts: 64 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    Why fear the fat?

It's not a bad question. But I prefer to break up my macros and eat leaner cuts of meat, so that I can also have avocado or some ice cream for dessert. Nothing wrong with that.

For sure. I've been eating higher fat and It makes me more full and I end up not feeling the need for dessert. Anytime I eat dessert it just makes me more hungry for dessert. Lol
  • arditarose
    arditarose wrote: »
    Why fear the fat?

For sure. I've been eating higher fat and It makes me more full and I end up not feeling the need for dessert. Anytime I eat dessert it just makes me more hungry for dessert. Lol

Oh. I eat two every night in a deficit or maintenance.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Fish and shellfish (sorry, but true), chicken breast without skin, turkey breast without skin, lean cuts of beef, pork, and lamb. Lots of game meats. Egg whites (although not my thing, personally). Low or no fat dairy. Soybeans in any form (edamame, tofu, tempeh), seitan, and especially if you don't care about carbs, other legumes, and to a lesser degree whole grains and vegetables.