whats your go to healthy dinner?

Replies

• phanatic82
    phanatic82 Posts: 27 Member
    I usually go with chicken breast with salsa and veggies, though I sometimes mix up the veggie options. Lately I have discovered cooking my veggies on the grill with a little bit of ranch seasoning.
  • JUiCY_KiSS
    JUiCY_KiSS Posts: 8,512 Member
    I sauté chopped cabbage,bell peppers,onions,chickpeas,rotel and a little taco seasoning in a little olive oil then I mix in cooked ground turkey. Another go to meal is a cooked egg on avocado toast with a side of fruit.
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Ground turkey meatballs with 2 cup of mixed veggies, a whole wheat pita bread,and hummus
  • errolhammond460
    errolhammond460 Posts: 1 Member
    Brown rice, Chicken and Brocolli that's what working for me.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Usually my go to healthy dinner involves fish because it is so quick to cook!
    I always keep Salmon, Tilapia & Shrimp in my freezer at all times.

Sauteed Shrimp & Asparagus with Lemon Juice is one of my fav's
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Soup. It's filling, easy and so many different flavours to choose from.
  • ClarissaMcDaniel
    ClarissaMcDaniel Posts: 18 Member
    Healthier version of fried rice. Brown rice, egg whites, pineapple, low sodium soy sauce, seasoned with ground ginger and salt.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    With time to cook, pan seared chicken thighs with sauteed shallots, mushrooms, garlic and a green veg. No time/lazy? Morning Star veggie burgers (Grillers original) and salad/toast.
  • shinycrazy
    Healthier version of fried rice. Brown rice, egg whites, pineapple, low sodium soy sauce, seasoned with ground ginger and salt.

om nom nom. This sounds yummy!
  • shinycrazy
    cariduttry wrote: »
    white american cheese & dill pickle egg white omelette. don't knock it til you try it ;)

Pickles and eggs are definitely a thing in my book. Yum!
  • vjirons
    vjirons Posts: 27 Member
    Grilled Salmon with cabbage, onion, mixed peppers and sweet potatoes.
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Let's see turkey tacos
    Baked chicken and veggies
    Fish and veggies
  • caroljlilly
    caroljlilly Posts: 1 Member
    A few favorites:
    1. Fish Tacos w Trident Alaskan Pollock Burgers (160 cal/ea; 18g protein; 5g carbs; 1 fish burger = 2 tacos). Mission corn tortillas (70 cal) w all the trimmings (avacado, salsa, chopped lettuce, feta cheese, squeezed lime, fat free sour cream). Yum!
    2. Individual pizza; use a pita round (120 cal) w 1/2c spaghetti sauce (60cal); feta cheese; sausage or turkey pepperoni, sauteed in water onion & bell pepper & mushrm, sliced tomatoes, chopped olives, garlic); feel like Im cheating!
    3. Favorite snack or dinner side: organic edamame sprinkled w Montreal seasoning (hi in salt); only 140 cal. Very satisfying.

I dont "diet". Spend my calorie allotment how I want (usually healthy stuff but not always). As long as I stay w/in my allotted calories -- I lose weight!! You can too!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I guess I really don't have a go to..my wife and I are avid cooks and we make all kinds of different stuff and we eat very healthfully.

Last night I grilled some salmon and we had baked sweet potatoes and medley of zuchini, summer squash, red onion, spinach, and garlic sauteed in coconut oil and about 1/2 tsp of curry powder.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    edited July 2016
    Grilled Chicken breast with baked bean.
    Grilled Chicken Tacos with Radish and Feta Cheese and a touch of salsa.
    Orange Roughy & Broccoli & Cheese Brown Rice
    Grilled Steak marinaded in Low Sodium Teriyaki sauce served with Mango and Pineapple salad.
    White Chicken Chili.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    I put a lot of my dinners over a bowl of greens, usually organic spring mix or 'power' greens - baby chard, spinach, romaine, collard, etc. Burgers, chicken, chili, stews, and even some of the Paleo sauces I make, like an *kitten*-kickin' Bolognese (http://eatdrinkpaleo.com.au/secrets-to-a-good-paleo-bolognese-sauce/). Since I don't eat pasta, and I don't have a spiralizer, it's a good way to eat stuff that would normally go over pasta or rice. Whole Foods now has packaged spiralized butternut and zucchini 'noodles', but not consistently.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Roasted vegetables and steak. Lol. (Is that weird? For a 23yr old woman?)

Sometimes I like a chicken wrap for dinner, wholewheat wrap with chicken breast, grated apple, cranberries and greek yoghurt. Sounds odd, tastes great. :p
  • MrSimmers
    MrSimmers Posts: 32 Member
    Kinilaw with vinegar and garlic
  • firewife73
    firewife73 Posts: 15 Member
    Zucchini boats stuffed with ground turkey and sauteed peppers, onions, mushrooms and garlic. Lots of yummy Garlic!!
  • silmacri
    silmacri Posts: 6 Member
    Beef and broccoli stir fry and Mexican ground turkey and quinoa. My two favorites right now

Can you please share your Beef and Broccoli stir fry recipe? Thank you.